PDA

View Full Version : Could Joey Porter return to Pittsburgh?

SC Gamecokk
01-02-2010, 06:44 PM
He made his money in Miami, and from what I'm seeing, they have no interest in re-signing him after this year. Would Porter be willing to accept a role and a contract that would allow him to come back home??? He still has A LOT of love and respect for the Steelers. God would that be something!!!!!!!!!!!! :tt03:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-02-2010, 06:53 PM
I doubt it, considering we have Harrison and Woodley in the outside LB spots for a good while.

GoSlash27
01-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Agreed. Peezy won't take a back seat to anybody, and we already have the best OLB tandem in history. :noidea:

Preacher
01-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Agreed. Peezy won't take a back seat to anybody, and we already have the best OLB tandem in history. :noidea:

Bingo.

ljk2442
01-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Porter is too good to play back up, but imagine if we got him back, talk about some blitzing capability D Lebeau would have!

Psyychoward86
01-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Porter is too good to play back up, but imagine if we got him back, talk about some blitzing capability D Lebeau would have!

I just jizzed :jawdrop:

jjpro11
01-02-2010, 07:22 PM
i loved him when he was here.. but OLB is the last position we need to mess with right now other than signing minimum contract backups... there are too many players within the organization in need of getting extended.

steel striker
01-02-2010, 07:23 PM
I highly doubt that as well but, it will be interesting where he does go. I just can't see him signing with the cheats. We all know how the evil empire operates.

Balls of Steel
01-02-2010, 08:50 PM
It sure would be nice to dig my Porter jersey out of the closet again.

St33lersguy
01-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Don't need him Harrison and Woodley are better

steel9guy
01-02-2010, 08:51 PM
I highly doubt that as well but, it will be interesting where he does go. I just can't see him signing with the cheats. We all know how the evil empire operates.

oh crap, youre right. that would be horrible to see.:banging:

Shellshock
01-02-2010, 08:53 PM
He could be head of security.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-02-2010, 09:20 PM
I for one would go nuts if they resigned Joey Porter....we don't really need him, but imagine if we could get some sort of 3 OLB rotation going to keep two fresh guys in there at all times!!

It just pains me to see Peezy on the Dolphins everytime I see the guy. He is a Steeler, and will always be one in my mind. Alot of fans didn't like him, but I loved Porter, for his passion, his trashtalk, his pre-game show, his mannerisms (I got a hoot the other day out watching the interviews they did with him this year, and one of the announcers asked him what he thinks about being voted the sceond dirtiest player in the NFL, and the HUGE sh!t-eating grin he got on his face-- that's our Joey, not dirty, just passionate and hard-hitting).

Steel-Bryan
01-02-2010, 09:48 PM
PORTER WILL GO TO THE 49ers, REDSKINS, or TAMPA. Bet $ on it . :chuckle:

fansince'76
01-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Why would we sign a 32-year-old OLB whose best days are clearly already behind him? Especially one who will demand a big salary?

SteelerFanInStl
01-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Why would we sign a 32-year-old OLB whose best days are clearly already behind him? Especially one who will demand a big salary?

:iagree: No way this happens. Porter is a pass rusher and that's all he is. Not worth the money.

KeiselPower99
01-02-2010, 10:15 PM
He will go wherever Cowher ends up

steeltheone
01-02-2010, 10:23 PM
We already have a washed up Farrior on the roster. If it was up to some of these fans we would keep the same players till they were 40.

supa_fly_steeler
01-02-2010, 10:28 PM
no unlikely to happen.

What Joey Porter can do is if he chooses to retire, he can do what jerry rice did, sign a 1 day contract with the steelers

year drafted, sacks made ect ect... would be nice, he was the identity of the steelers for quite a while.

joey porter was and still is awesome, he even hangs out with james harrison and others more than the dolphin players in the offseason lol deep down he's a steeler. i would go wild if he did come back for backup money, but in all honesty wats the point.

pce

SC Gamecokk
01-02-2010, 10:49 PM
It sure would be nice to dig my Porter jersey out of the closet again.

Seriously man...shame on you for ever putting it away! He was the soul of this team... :twocents:

supa_fly_steeler
01-02-2010, 11:06 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/don_banks/09/08/steelers.dolphins/p1_porter-presswire.jpg

RoethlisBURGHer
01-02-2010, 11:09 PM
I don't see it happening, but I wouldn't be against it. What DL could draw up with a combo of Harrison-Woodley-Porter out there on passing downs to blitz.

But I doubt it happens. Porter is only a pass rusher now. He's not good in coverage and not strong against the run anymore. Not to mention he's going to want a good chunk of change and more playing time than he would be given here.

Steeldude
01-03-2010, 02:06 AM
He made his money in Miami, and from what I'm seeing, they have no interest in re-signing him after this year. Would Porter be willing to accept a role and a contract that would allow him to come back home??? He still has A LOT of love and respect for the Steelers. God would that be something!!!!!!!!!!!! :tt03:

please no. the steelers do not need an old, overpaid, broken down, one-move LB with a big mouth.

MasterOfPuppets
01-03-2010, 02:23 AM
please no. the steelers do not need an old, overpaid, broken down, one-move LB with a big mouth.

i agree..didn't hurt my feelings when they let him go to begin with... maybe someone like KC might give him a shot.

Rick5895
01-03-2010, 07:08 AM
But he would be interesting in a Dime or nickel situation, coming from anywhere on the field.

HometownGal
01-03-2010, 07:22 AM

Took the print right out of my font. :drink:

Peezy will always be loved by the B & G, but his time in a Steelers uniform is over. I wouldn't trade Harrison or Wood for any other LB out there, including Joey.

Galax Steeler
01-03-2010, 08:40 AM
I don't think it will never happen Porter still plays some good football but I think he will be in his declining years now.

stb_steeler
01-03-2010, 08:47 AM
He will go wherever Cowher ends up

That might be Tampa Bay