PDA

View Full Version : There should be only 4 teams from AFC in the playoffs according to yahoo.

SteelerFanInTX210
01-02-2010, 06:45 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=As1J6gn3Akb_CW4e5isVhitDubYF?slug=ms-thegameface010110&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

"As the latest breakout performer in a long line of Steelers outside linebackers, LaMarr Woodley(notes) is used to inflicting pain.

And now, with the defending Super Bowl champions needing help from the New England Patriots and Cincinnati Bengals to qualify for the postseason, Woodley wants all of us to feel his pain?

“All of them will lay down,” Woodley told reporters after practice Wednesday, referring to New England, Cincinnati and any other team which, by winning, could help the Steelers break out of a seven-team logjam to claim one of the AFC’s two wild-card berths. “No one wants to see Pittsburgh in it. That’s just how it is. … Everybody knows that we’re a dangerous team once we get into the playoffs.”

Woodley’s Steelers are once again in danger of missing the playoffs one season after winning the Super Bowl.

(Rick Havner/AP)

I have two immediate reactions to Woodley’s words.

First, allow me to break out the violins.

Second: To borrow from the great John McEnroe, You cannot be serious.

Look, I agree with Woodley that the Steelers, in theory, could be a dangerous team if they sneak into the postseason. And it’s entirely possible that Patriots coach Bill Belichick and Bengals coach Marvin Lewis, as is their prerogative, will elect to rest their top players for part or all of the games that have little bearing on their respective playoff fates, which could doom Pittsburgh’s cause."

---------- I just want to know what the nation thinks.

Psyychoward86
01-02-2010, 06:51 PM
either the entire AFC is extra competetive this year, or extra sloppy.

SteelCityMom
01-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Doesn't anybody get it yet that he didn't say this so elicit pity, he said it because either, he thinks it's true, or he wants to fire up the Pats and Bengals into playing better. Time to stop blowing it out of proportion and posting multiple threads about it daily.

steelwalls
01-02-2010, 08:36 PM
This writer is like all the other writers out there who just want to show their editors how many emails they get after they write a story. They know we have a huge fan base and a large number of haters, this type of article fills their mail box. He's a tool nothing more.

St33lersguy
01-02-2010, 08:49 PM
either the entire AFC is extra competetive this year, or extra sloppy.

The Jets, Broncos, Texans, Dolphins, and Jaguars are still in playoff contention, the Bungals are AFC North champs because of a few fluky losses by the Ravens and Steelers. Extra competitive?????

fansince'76
01-02-2010, 10:03 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=45866