PDA

View Full Version : Den have to lose in Balt scenario?

xstang102
01-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Is this true? I keep hearing/ reading it.. Thought we had the breaker H2H with them..

SteelersGirlTN7
01-03-2010, 02:48 PM
If it came down to DEN, PIT, and BAL in a 3 way tie for 1 WC spot .. Steelers are out .. b/c the division tie is cleared first and the Ravens have the tie breaker .. It doesnt matter that we beat DEN head to head.

pepsyman1
01-03-2010, 03:17 PM
If it came down to DEN, PIT, and BAL in a 3 way tie for 1 WC spot .. Steelers are out .. b/c the division tie is cleared first and the Ravens have the tie breaker .. It doesnt matter that we beat DEN head to head.

SteelersGirl....no disrespect...if we finish in a 3 way tie with Balt and Denver...DENVER goes home. Baltimore would get the number 5 spot and THEN we would win the tiebreaker with Denver and get the number 6 spot.

Steeler in Carolina
01-03-2010, 03:23 PM
What she is saying is that in a 3 way tie for 1 wild card spot (assuming NYJ wins), then we are out because of Baltimore knocking us out.

pepsyman1
01-03-2010, 03:45 PM
What she is saying is that in a 3 way tie for 1 wild card spot (assuming NYJ wins), then we are out because of Baltimore knocking us out.

depends on who we are tied with. Baltimore would get a spot before us as would the Jets, but after the #5 seed is determined, they start the tiebreaker process over again from scratch ONLY using the teams that are left in consideration. A 3 way tie with Pittsburgh, NYJ and Denver would ALSO give us the #6 seed.

steelerchad
01-03-2010, 04:09 PM
depends on who we are tied with. Baltimore would get a spot before us as would the Jets, but after the #5 seed is determined, they start the tiebreaker process over again from scratch ONLY using the teams that are left in consideration. A 3 way tie with Pittsburgh, NYJ and Denver would ALSO give us the #6 seed.

Not true. The Jets would get the spot.

SteelCurtain0815
01-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Alls I gotta say is go Chiefs, Bengals, and Raiders. The scenario now is NYJ need to lose to CIN, BAL needs to lose to OAK, and DEN needs to lose to KC. That's all you need to know. Hopin for a miracle!

Bettisberger
01-03-2010, 04:16 PM
I don't understand how we don't get in if it's tied between PIT, HOU, and DEN?

pepsyman1
01-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Not true. The Jets would get the spot.

Yes the JETS would get the #5 spot in that scenario and we would get the #6...Denver would go home....it no longer matters because New England folded like a cheap suit....now we need EVERYONE to lose

steve314
01-03-2010, 04:20 PM
I don't understand how we don't get in if it's tied between PIT, HOU, and DEN?

DEN gets in first based on conference record, then HOU has tiebreaker over PIT?

SteelCurtain0815
01-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Yes the JETS would get the #5 spot in that scenario and we would get the #6...Denver would go home....it no longer matters because New England folded like a cheap suit....now we need EVERYONE to lose

Exactly, so pray that Raiders, Chiefs, and Bengals :mallet: win.

Bettisberger
01-03-2010, 04:21 PM

But head to head comes in before conf record, and we have that over Denver. According to nfl.com division tiebreakers are first, but neither of these 3 are in the same division. So I don't get it. :noidea:

pepsyman1
01-03-2010, 04:24 PM

Yep....that's correct. I think THAT tiebreaker actually goes down to the winning % of the team they've beaten compared to the teams we've beaten....it's a good ways down the tiebreaker list

Bettisberger
01-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Ah, yeah, just figured it out, either that or common opponents. Boo!

steve314
01-03-2010, 04:27 PM
But head to head comes in before conf record, and we have that over Denver. According to nfl.com division tiebreakers are first, but neither of these 3 are in the same division. So I don't get it. :noidea:

Unfortunately head-to-head doesn't apply in this 3-way tie because the Steelers have not played Houston.

mesaSteeler
01-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Pittsburgh clinches a playoff spot if ...

NYJ lose or tie and BAL lose or tie and DEN lose or tie

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10003...#ixzz0bapYP7E3