PDA

View Full Version : If I were a Colts fan...

Edman
01-03-2010, 03:28 PM
I wouldn't be too encouraged about the playoffs.

The Colts are doing the exact same thing in 2005 that earned them an early exit. Run rampant through the Regular Season, flirt with history, then fizzle down the stretch by resting starters, knowing that they already have everything locked up. Then they get to the playoffs and tank.

Indy is getting hammered by Buffalo 30-7. I know it's their backups, but again and again they seem to be underestimating the importance of momentum and the possibility of rust. The Colts have seen how Peyton has fared in the playoffs many times in the past. Knowing this history, you would think they would take things a little more seriously. Guess not.

I'm not predicting anything, but history speaks for itself.

BrandonCarr39
01-03-2010, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't be too encouraged about the playoffs.

The Colts are doing the exact same thing in 2005 that earned them an early exit. Run rampant through the Regular Season, flirt with history, then fizzle down the stretch by resting starters, knowing that they already have everything locked up. Then they get to the playoffs and tank.

Indy is getting hammered by Buffalo 30-7. I know it's their backups, but again and again they seem to be underestimating the importance of momentum and the possibility of rust. The Colts have seen how Peyton has fared in the playoffs many times in the past. Knowing this history, you would think they would take things a little more seriously. Guess not.

I'm not predicting anything, but history speaks for itself.

Cincy is my darkhorse in the AFC playoffs - I have a gut feeling they will knock them off in the divisional round.

fansince'76
01-03-2010, 04:16 PM
The Saints have swooned big time too. And they don't have much playoff experience collectively, I think they may have shot their wad in November.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Saints and Colts may both be one-and-done this year in the playoffs.

SMR
01-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Cincy is my darkhorse in the AFC playoffs - I have a gut feeling they will knock them off in the divisional round.

I agree.