PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Fins - Who Gets Your Game Ball?

HometownGal
01-03-2010, 03:14 PM
I am giving 4 game balls today. One to Big Ben - he really hung in there and made some hugs throws, one to Mike Wallace (for obvious reasons) one to Ike Taylor - stellar play overall, and one to - YES - Bruce Arians for calling a really good game. :thumbsup: :tt02:

Win, lose, in the playoffs or out - I love my Steelers. Always have and always will. :hatsoff::tt02::tt03:

BritishSteel
01-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Nice to see a little vintage FWP on that last drive - the drive that sured up a game that was going all to hell until that point. If that is his last game in the Black and Gold, at least he put his name on it. If you do go FWP, good luck, and thanks for that 75 yarder.

MACH1
01-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Ben, Wallace and Ike if he can catch it. :chuckle:

7SteelGal43
01-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Big Ben ! He's always a beast and he hung in there with a hurt throwing arm.

BlackNGold88
01-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Big Ben.

GoSlash27
LaMarr Woodley gets my gameball.

solardave
I am giving 4 game balls today. One to Big Ben - he really hung in there and made some hugs throws, one to Mike Wallace (for obvious reasons) one to Ike Taylor - stellar play overall, and one to - YES - Bruce Arians for calling a really good game. :thumbsup: :tt02:

Win, lose, in the playoffs or out - I love my Steelers. Always have and always will. :hatsoff::tt02::tt03:

IKE CAUGHT ONE!!!!(So give him a ball) What about Stephan Logan? I think he gets one too. Of coarse Ben and LaMar should have one.

Venom
01-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Big Ben played a great game !!

Nadroj 20
Gold Ball: Big Ben

Silver Ball: Mike Wallace

Bronze Ball: shared by Ike Taylor and Ryan Clark

Woodley was good early in the game as well so Honorable Mention

X-Terminator
Woodley. Great performance for him today.

solardave
01-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Big Ben ! He's always a beast and he hung in there with a hurt throwing arm.

I just hope it's nothing serious. whether we get in or not I don't want to see him hurt.

SteelCurtain0815
01-03-2010, 03:24 PM
I loved seeing Ike finally get a pick. Is that his first career int? I wanted him to house it real bad. But I'd give the game ball to Woodley or FWP. It was nice to Willie P come in there and show he's still got a little burst and a lot of heart left in the tank.

tony hipchest
01-03-2010, 03:25 PM
woodley.

woodley.

woodley.

and woodley.

nobody played more dominant football than him for the entire game, let alone a half.

wallace disappeared, ben got hurt (which probably played to our favor and FORCED arians to play 4 minute football) and everyone else (besides miller and reed) was just average.

ben showed true grit. mendenhall and parker seemed more than happy and capable to accept a running role when the rare opportunity presented itself.

AllD
01-03-2010, 03:26 PM
BB because he had 3 TDs and no picks. Honorable mention to Woodley.

Carolina Steelers
01-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Woodley get my 1st game ball
Big Ben 2nd
Logan 3rd
Ward had 8 catches some nice ones that we needed

WH
01-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Special Teams.

HometownGal
01-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Ben gambled, thats why you have backups to hand it off, Gameball to Parker, thanks Hines for taking away his last TD as a Steeler, if they do make the playoffs look for him to steal Mendys carriers away.

Wow just freakin' WOW. :jawdrop: :shake02:

SteelCurtain0815
01-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Ben gambled, thats why you have backups to hand it off, Gameball to Parker, thanks Hines for taking away his last TD as a Steeler, if they do make the playoffs look for him to steal Mendys carriers away.

I hope that's sarcasm. FWP did some good things today, buy Mendenhall is our work horse. He wore out the defense for three quarters and Willie got his yards. Rashard is our guy.

pepsyman1
01-03-2010, 03:38 PM
I hope that's sarcasm. FWP did some good things today, buy Mendenhall is our work horse. He wore out the defense for three quarters and Willie got his yards. Rashard is our guy.

Ya know...I'd STILL like to see both of them in the backfield at the same time on some plays.....like Rocky and Franco used to do it. What the hell, Arians said he wanted the offense to be like the Steelers were in the late 70's.

HometownGal
01-03-2010, 03:40 PM
What the hell, Arians said he wanted the offense to be like the Steelers were in the late 70's.

The late 70's Steelers were very pass oriented, so you got your wish. :drink:

VegasStlrFan
01-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Woodley

MACH1
01-03-2010, 03:42 PM

Al Davis wish's the same thing for his team. :chuckle:

fansince'76
01-03-2010, 03:43 PM

Bradshaw called all the plays. :wink02: :chuckle:

Raw Steel
01-03-2010, 03:45 PM
That's nice to give Arians a gameball. A nice parting gift on his way out the door.

OneForTheToe
01-03-2010, 03:48 PM

Exactly, why do so many people deny that? We definitely threw to set up the run in the late 70's. Of course, we could almost always run when we had too, which sometimes we can't always do the last few years. Still, we were more of a pass oriented team for those last two Super Bowls, for sure.

OneForTheToe
01-03-2010, 03:50 PM

Yea, but Al Davis just can't figure out why Ken Stabler's game has fallen off lately.

VegasStlrFan
01-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Exactly, why do so many people deny that? We definitely threw to set up the run in the late 70's. Of course we could almost always run when we had too, which sometimes we can't always do now. still, we were more of a pass oriented team for those last two Super Bowls, for sure.

It would be great if we had the Defense as well! The Offense could experiment all they want.

HometownGal
01-03-2010, 03:53 PM
That's nice to give Arians a gameball. A nice parting gift on his way out the door.

Unlike you and the rest of the Arians haters, I can appreciate the man's accomplishments which are many. Amazing how you aren't capping on Lebeau for the abysmal performances all season long.

Big7BenHOF
01-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Big Ben and Woodley.

WH
01-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Unlike you and the rest of the Arians haters, I can appreciate the man's accomplishments which are many. Amazing how you aren't capping on Lebeau for the abysmal performances all season long.

I just had a discussion with a different poster that if there were a time to bring in a new defensive coordinator it would be this year or next.

Rick5895
01-03-2010, 03:57 PM

I concur with you, however my game ball goes to ..... Willie Parker. Here's to you Willie:drink:, I for on hope you do a Bettis and stay, you and Mendy make a great tandem.:tt04::tt02::tt::thumbsup:

iloveben7
Ben Roethlisberger.
The toughest player in the NFL

with runner ups being Mike Wallace, LaMarr Woodley, and Willie Parker

Nadroj 20
Posted in wrong thread.....agree with you though iloveben he is the toughest player in the NFL

Texasteel
01-03-2010, 03:58 PM

Davis wishes he could remember the 70s. Hell he wishes he could remember breakfast.

stillers4me
01-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Woodley for putting his money where his mouth is and Ben for being a gamer with the hurt arm. Willie made a good case for a legitimate offer to stay.

And don't forget that awesome catch by Wallace at the beginning in the endzone.

BlastFurnace
01-03-2010, 04:03 PM
I concur with you, however my game ball goes to ..... Willie Parker. Here's to you Willie:drink:, I for on hope you do a Bettis and stay, you and Mendy make a great tandem.:tt04::tt02::tt::thumbsup:

I agree. Thanks for all you did here Willie.

BlastFurnace
01-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Woodley for putting his money where his mouth is and Ben for being a gamer with the hurt arm. Willie made a good case for a legitamate offer to stay.

And don't forget that awesome catch by Wallace at the beginning in the enddzone.

Woodley had a much better season than Harrison did.

Raw Steel
01-03-2010, 04:23 PM

LeBeau will be in the Hall of Fame soon. He has earned a pass.

Arians was fired by Temple and the Browns and soon to be the Steelers. The biggest accomplishment Arians has had in his career was he had Ben Roethlisberger as his QB.

Glace
01-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Big Ben....no doubt about it.

redst3
01-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Woodley. They need a terror alert for him

redst3
01-03-2010, 04:47 PM
I agree. Thanks for all you did here Willie.

:drink: FWP, I will never forget that run in Super Bowl 40

BlockMonsta
01-03-2010, 05:10 PM
I really liked to see FWP do work today. Dont really want to see him gone, chances are we will. I sure hope Pat White is ok.

Galax Steeler
01-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Have to give it to Woodley the man is a beast. Ben had a good game as well.

Jmat
01-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Bruce Arians gets the game ball.

Hopefully today was Dick LeBeau's last as Steelers DC. The game has 'passed' him by.

Glace
01-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Hopefully today was Dick LeBeau's last as Steelers DC. The game has 'passed' him by.

Are you serious? Lay off the cough syrup
:banging:

Rick5895
01-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Bruce Arians gets the game ball.

:banging:

Are you serious??!! The game has not passed him by. Take arguably the best defensive player in the game away for most of the season. Take one of the best DL in the game away for half the season. Although we didn't live up to Steeler standards this season in D We still won a couple of games we shouldn't have BECAUSE of the D. Last week and today the D came up with big plays when needed. This team has won championships because of the D , we won last season because our D was so damn dominant. Lebeau gets a pass this season. As bad as we all feel they were they are still a top 10 D.

Preacher
01-03-2010, 06:23 PM
I don't know...

Ben on offense?

Woodley on defense?

How about Stefan Logan?

As far as assistant coaches go... There are series problems on defense. Don't give me anything about who is out, they were both in when we were giving up leads in the playoffs last year to the tune of 10 to 14 points every fourth quarter.

it needs to be fixed... NOW.

Grav
01-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Big Ben and Woodley

devilsdancefloor
01-03-2010, 06:29 PM
ryan clark & Ike taylor

pepsyman1
01-03-2010, 06:44 PM

The 79 Steelers still ran for well over 2000 yards and ran about 53% running plays to passing plays. They had a very BALANCED offense and that was the highest output passing year Bradshaw had. Franco, Bleier and Sidney Thorton were all very effective running the ball that year.

stb_steeler
01-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Ben/Woodley/Wallace.......that kids goin places.......:wink02:

Psyychoward86
01-03-2010, 07:35 PM
gotta give it to Ben, mistake free, lots of key throws on 3rd down, 3 TD's. Not to mention hangin' in there after that shoulder/hand injury. Good job boys, even though that will be our last ride of the season.

JEFF4i
01-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Two game balls. One for Ben, his toughness of getting back out there and throwing for a necessary first down was so important.

One for Willie, his impressive running showed that he still has that fire, and he can run when we can't afford to throw.

psusteelers4life
01-03-2010, 08:04 PM
I don't know...

Ben on offense?

Woodley on defense?

How about Stefan Logan?

As far as assistant coaches go... There are series problems on defense. Don't give me anything about who is out, they were both in when we were giving up leads in the playoffs last year to the tune of 10 to 14 points every fourth quarter.

it needs to be fixed... NOW.

I think Logan did a hell of a job on returns today he gave us some good starting positions for the offense . I also think he has been improving all year and I wouldnt mind seeing him back next year as a return man for us.

Psyychoward86
01-03-2010, 08:31 PM
I think Logan did a hell of a job on returns today he gave us some good starting positions for the offense . I also think he has been improving all year and I wouldnt mind seeing him back next year as a return man for us.

he is, he signed a 2 year contract. And also, the sports analysts throughout the game were talking about how they chatted up with the steelers coaches and the steelers coaches (no specificed names) said that they really want to get the ball in his hands with some swing passes, bubble screens, etc. for next year. Just something to look forward to next year....