PDA

View Full Version : I was proud of how they handled the Pat White injury!!!

solardave
01-03-2010, 04:29 PM
You hear other teams say our D plays dirty. We all know it isn't true and it showed by the way our team gathered around Pat White in support. They showed nothing but class. I think the comment by Deirdorf was out of line saying it was a helmet to helmet hit. That's bullshit!!! Taylor led with his shoulder and the impact caused their helmets to hit. He made it sound like Ike led with his helmet. Anyway I hope the kid's OK. I hate to see anyone taken off on a stretcher.

SteelCurtain0815
01-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Agreed. Our D showed a lot of class when they immediately went and prayed for Pat white.

VegasStlrFan
01-03-2010, 04:40 PM
anyone hear an update on White?

d2609j
01-03-2010, 04:45 PM
You hear other teams say our D plays dirty. We all know it isn't true and it showed by the way our team gathered around Pat White in support. They showed nothing but class. I think the comment by Deirdorf was out of line saying it was a helmet to helmet hit. That's bullshit!!! Taylor led with his shoulder and the impact caused their helmets to hit. He made it sound like Ike led with his helmet. Anyway I hope the kid's OK. I hate to see anyone taken off on a stretcher.

I can't stand Dierdorf. What caused the helmet to helmet contact was Timmons tripping White up at the last seccond, that made him start to fall forward, head first. Ike was coming in lower with the shoulder. Haven't seen a hit like that since Ryan Clarks in the championship game last year.

fansince'76
01-03-2010, 04:45 PM
You hear other teams say our D plays dirty.

They're still going to whine and cry and claim Taylor led with his helmet. I'm glad Dierdorf didn't fuel it and acknowledged it wasn't a dirty hit and that Taylor was just doing his job.

supa_fly_steeler
01-03-2010, 05:01 PM
pat white got crushed and destroyed, best wishes to him

Steelers17
01-03-2010, 06:44 PM
They're still going to whine and cry and claim Taylor led with his helmet. I'm glad Dierdorf didn't fuel it and acknowledged it wasn't a dirty hit and that Taylor was just doing his job.

Maybe this is why football is called a contact sport!

Preacher
01-03-2010, 06:47 PM

Actually, I like what he said...

At that point, he was a running back and thus, it wasn't illegal. The other side of it, is that the QB led with his head as well in th ehit.

Bluedust
01-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdakK8ocyq0

Very classy, Tomlin especially.

tony hipchest
01-03-2010, 07:04 PM

actually deirdorf tried to make a point that while the hit was made on the steelers sideline, nobody noticed and the steelers kept on celebrating the hit.

during the slo-mo replay while deirdorf was spewing his garbage, it showed that mike tomlin and the rest of the steelers immediately around him were the FIRST ones to notice that something was wrong, and start waving the trainers and medics over.

Bluedust
01-03-2010, 07:05 PM
actually deirdorf tried to make a point that while the hit was made on the steelers sideline, nobody noticed and the steelers kept on celebrating the hit.

during the slo-mo replay while deirdorf was spewing his garbage, it showed that mike tomlin and the rest of the steelers immediately around him were the FIRST ones to notice that something was wrong, and start waving the trainers and medics over.

Yep, reference vid above ^

solardave
01-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Actually, I like what he said...

At that point, he was a running back and thus, it wasn't illegal. The other side of it, is that the QB led with his head as well in th ehit.

You missed my point. even though he said it was a legal hit he still claimed it was helmet to helmet. IT WASN'T. He led with his shoulder. No big deal except they carried White out on a stretcher so get the call right Dan!!!

Bluedust
01-03-2010, 07:35 PM
You missed my point. even though he said it was a legal hit he still claimed it was helmet to helmet. IT WASN'T. He led with his shoulder. No big deal except they carried White out on a stretcher so get the call right Dan!!!

To be honest it was a helmet to helmet, but I don't think Ike had any idea Pat would have been tripped up and fell the way he did, the whole thing was just bad, I got to see it live in a bar here in Pittsburgh and we were all pretty solemn during the whole thing.

Steeldude
01-03-2010, 08:04 PM
they handled it like the handle all serious injuries.

white getting hurt actually hurt the steelers too because it meant a QB was coming in the game that could throw.

Bluedust
01-03-2010, 08:06 PM
they handled it like the handle all serious injuries.

white getting hurt actually hurt the steelers too because it meant a QB was coming in the game that could throw.

Yeah Godpen was actually very damn good with KC last year, I was dreading seeing him come in and I was right. :(

Larry
01-03-2010, 08:25 PM
I don't really understand the helmet to helmet rules, it just seems totally arbitrary. I remember in the loss against Oakland Ryan Clark was penalized for helmet to helmet, but then I see other helmet to helmet hits that are considered clean. We seem to have a lot of them, I always find it hard to tell.

Steelersfan4life0655
01-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Maybe this is why football is called a contact sport!

i like to think more of it as a collision sport!!:tt02:

Bluedust
01-03-2010, 08:43 PM
I don't really understand the helmet to helmet rules, it just seems totally arbitrary. I remember in the loss against Oakland Ryan Clark was penalized for helmet to helmet, but then I see other helmet to helmet hits that are considered clean. We seem to have a lot of them, I always find it hard to tell.

I don't get it either, I don't understand how if you're deemed a RB it's okay, if that's even the rule.. I honestly don't know but there shouldn't be any distinctions if that's really the case.