PDA

View Full Version : What do the NFL and WWF have in common?

Hayeksheroes
01-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Both are fake. Goodell is the biggest clown. I don't know who is worse Goodell or McMahon. I guess Goodell because he pretends that the NFL is still an honest league. I don't think the games are fixed. But I do think the officiating is nuanced to favor certain teams and act against certain players.

Goodell was not asked about the holding against Harrison. This is unconscionable. Such an accusation that Harrison has been held every play should not go unchallenged. If it is true, then Goodell should correct it. But why should he? Goodell is to have parity in the league. This keeps the majority of the fans happy and the money rolling in. The last thing in the world Goodell wants to see is a few teams dominate, even if they dominate because they are good.

The Steelers have much to answer for during their 5 game slide. But I will contend that the league can not allow officiating to determine the outcome like in the NBA.

CPanther95
01-03-2010, 05:48 PM
an "F" ?

BlackNGold88
01-03-2010, 05:50 PM
an "F" ?

:applaudit:
Well the F is gone now and its WWE. Also the NFL didn't make us lose to KC, Raiders and the Browns. Teams that dominate don't lose to those bad teams.

Hayeksheroes
01-03-2010, 05:50 PM
an "F" ?

And

CPanther95
01-03-2010, 05:52 PM
And

all CAPS ?

SteelCityMom
01-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Then just quit watching it. That's what I did when I figured out that wrestling was rigged...when I was 9 or 10. Go be a Seattle fan or something.

This is such a crap post, I'm sorry. Normally I'd be a little more tactful in my response, but it is what it is.

The officials controlled nothing about the Steelers fate...only the Steelers did, five weeks ago.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Wrestling is not fake, it's scripted.

BlastFurnace
01-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Then just quit watching it. That's what I did when I figured out that wrestling was rigged...when I was 9 or 10. Go be a Seattle fan or something.

This is such a crap post, I'm sorry. Normally I'd be a little more tactful in my response, but it is what it is.

The officials controlled nothing about the Steelers fate...only the Steelers did, five weeks ago.

LOL...I knew it was fake as well, but I used to like watching Goldberg.

tony hipchest
01-03-2010, 06:29 PM
woodley could dominate in either?

supa_fly_steeler
01-03-2010, 06:33 PM
goldberg was awesome, but triple H was the shit... torrie wilson boobs and keiblers ass made he WWE awesome, until i stopped watching about 10 and a half... 2005 the scripting went shit and i stopped.

stb_steeler
01-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Wrestling is not fake, it's scripted.

also acting

Hayeksheroes
01-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Did you see the Donahue interview on 60 Minutes? Donahue could pick
the game winners 80 percent of the time due to which refs were officiating.

Do you think it is any different in the NFL?

Larry
01-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Both are fake. Goodell is the biggest clown. I don't know who is worse Goodell or McMahon. I guess Goodell because he pretends that the NFL is still an honest league. I don't think the games are fixed. But I do think the officiating is nuanced to favor certain teams and act against certain players.

Goodell was not asked about the holding against Harrison. This is unconscionable. Such an accusation that Harrison has been held every play should not go unchallenged. If it is true, then Goodell should correct it. But why should he? Goodell is to have parity in the league. This keeps the majority of the fans happy and the money rolling in. The last thing in the world Goodell wants to see is a few teams dominate, even if they dominate because they are good.

The Steelers have much to answer for during their 5 game slide. But I will contend that the league can not allow officiating to determine the outcome like in the NBA.

See, this is why I don't make a big deal out of it when you find threads like this on other forums. There are plenty of whiners among us as well.

HughC
01-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Did you see the Donahue interview on 60 Minutes? Donahue could pick
the game winners 80 percent of the time due to which refs were officiating.

Do you think it is any different in the NFL?

If that is what you believe, then why do you not only watch the games, but take the time to post on fan forums about the sport?

It's like an atheist going to church and then complaining about the sermon.

casteeler
01-03-2010, 09:46 PM
^^^ true but alot of us are a little upset about how our season unfolded, a promising beginning a horrid middle and an ending that seemed like it was alot of effort for nothing.So i think this is a thread for venting

toughsticks87
01-03-2010, 10:05 PM
I stopped watching WWF when it became WWE. Old school Undertaker FTW.

Sure, Goodell is stupid and probably doesn't lift his head up enough off of Brady's junk to see some of the situations in the NFL, but fixed? Not even a little...

kittenfantastico76
01-04-2010, 08:18 AM
"IT'S STILL REAL TO ME D+++MIT!"

Please tell me you all have seen that video or my comedy will be lost...

kittenfantastico76
01-04-2010, 08:21 AM
I stopped watching WWF when it became WWE. Old school Undertaker FTW.

Sure, Goodell is stupid and probably doesn't lift his head up enough off of Brady's junk to see some of the situations in the NFL, but fixed? Not even a little...

You aren't missing anything on the new WWE... trust me. My boyfriend watches it every week, or at least used to. He's stopped watching it as much. It's just too redic at this point.

I probably know more than I should about the WWF/WWE - I used to watch it years ago when my ex was into it and then continued to watch it here and there with my current boyfriend. Basically he and his friends will have jokes about the entire evening of RAW or Smackdown it's rather comical to hear them discuss and joke about it. (Complete with voices).

For the record yes, we are nerds.

SteelerFanInStl
01-04-2010, 09:02 AM
The NFL isn't going to do anything about the holding because it protects the QB and that's their #1 goal. I miss the old NFL where the defense was actually allowed to play.

Mots
01-04-2010, 09:02 AM
I enjoy the WWE. I really could do without all the lengthy interviews and the mascerade and the contract signings. I also don't care for any ladders, chairs etc. used.
What I like is the pure power and athleticism that some of those guys show. Yeah, it's scripted and yeah it's acting, but it's also quite impressive when somebody lifts a 250+ pounder into the air and balances him on his shoulder (e.g. Goldberg).
Or when you see John Morrison perform a Starship Pain, or the stuff the Hardy Guy or Rey Mysterio do.

Here in Austria they only show some highlights once a week but when I happen to catch it, I usually enjoy it.

As for the comparison: I really don't think that the refs are trying to influence the outcome of games. Of course, during a game, when a penalty goes against the Steelers I am cursing the zebras like most fans do, but all in all in my opinion the officiating in the NFL is pretty good.

WH
01-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Just a toss in, because I watch wrestling more than any normal person should.....

Bret Hart comes back to the WWE tonight. In case there are any of you that were around for the Montreal ScrewJob in '97.

As far as the NFL being fixed........If it were fixed the Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, Bears, and Giants would make it into the playoffs every year. Biggest fan bases and/or fanbases with the most money.

TampaSteelerFan
01-04-2010, 06:21 PM
I would pay to see James Harrison take on any other NFL player in a steel cage match, starting with that loser on the Cards who tried to take out Silverback's knee in the SB last year! :chair:

HughC
01-04-2010, 07:01 PM
As far as the NFL being fixed........If it were fixed the Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, Bears, and Giants would make it into the playoffs every year. Biggest fan bases and/or fanbases with the most money.
Yep, or more specifically at least one of the biggest TV markets (New York, Chicago, Houston, San Fancisco, etc.) would have a team in the Super Bowl every year. How does that explain last year's teams, or the fact the Jets haven't been there in four decades?