PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall

Galax Steeler
01-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Was it my imagination or did Mendenhall not do his spin move today. His running looked more balanced maybe the coaches are working with him on this. I think he looked alot better running today.

BlastFurnace
01-03-2010, 06:04 PM
He did the spin move before he went into the locker room

theplatypus
01-03-2010, 06:12 PM
I noticed a significant lack of the spin move today as well.

AllD
01-03-2010, 06:17 PM
He read on this forum that our resident experts disapproved of the spin moves.

He probably saw two things on the tape. First, how he exposed himself with the spin move and that it rarely benefitted his yards gained. He also saw how his habit of loosely running with the ball cost a fumble last week. Maybe he tried to tighten both those things up for the last game of the season.

mesaSteeler
01-03-2010, 06:18 PM
He read on this forum that our resident experts disapproved of the spin moves.

He probably saw two things on the tape. First, how he exposed himself with the spin move and that it rarely benefitted his yards gained. He also saw how his habit of loosely running with the ball cost a fumble last week. Maybe he tried to tighten both those things up for the last game of the season.

Perhaps the coaches had something to do with it as well.

solardave
01-03-2010, 06:19 PM

LOL.I seen it to man!:chuckle:

Galax Steeler
01-03-2010, 06:25 PM

I missed that one, I guess he ain't got it all out of his system yet.:chuckle:

BehindSteelCurtain
01-03-2010, 07:13 PM
I saw atleast 1. on Holmes' pass to him, after the guy picked it off some guy came to block him and instead of making contact he spun. I was laughing so hard.

pepsyman1
01-03-2010, 07:35 PM
I thought he looked sharp today...much more decisive. I thought the last couple of games, he looked more hesitant and was dancing a little bit. Much stronger today...FWP also looked very sharp today.

Preacher
01-03-2010, 07:38 PM
I thought he looked sharp today...much more decisive. I thought the last couple of games, he looked more hesitant and was dancing a little bit. Much stronger today...FWP also looked very sharp today.

He looked pretty good today.

I really would like to see that one two punch come back next year.

stb_steeler
01-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Not to mention when he does that, the balls out there like a loaf of bread. Hopefully he stops doin that.

nojobny
01-03-2010, 07:56 PM
I saw it once but he definitely cut down on the dramatics.

Steeldude
01-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Was it my imagination or did Mendenhall not do his spin move today. His running looked more balanced maybe the coaches are working with him on this. I think he looked alot better running today.

he did the spin move and it got him nowhere. it gave him no power and he could not see in front of him. it was more like a half-spin. he did the 180 and tried to run with his back to the defensive line.

he still looks apprehensive with contact in the open field at times. he needs to learn how to lower his shoulder more consistently.

Bus36RollsUrlacher
01-03-2010, 08:17 PM
I thought that he was a little more decisive running the ball. He showed some good vision on the zone cutback plays and let things open up for him. I still think that he needs a good fullback to lead him from time to time. A TE is not the answer. On the outside zone near the endzone, the lead TE was hunting instead of pushing to seal the edge. The more he strings it out, the longer Mendenhall has to wait and the defensive pursuit catches up. Overall though, I thought it was a pretty good day for him. I'd like to see him run "angry" and be more of a punisher instead of a dancer.

JEFF4i
01-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Great running game for both Mendy and Willie. Great reason to keep Willie around for the rest of his career...he's still fast, and clutch. Mendy being a 1k back showed his potential as well.

SteelerFanInATL
01-03-2010, 08:53 PM
I saw atleast 1. on Holmes' pass to him, after the guy picked it off some guy came to block him and instead of making contact he spun. I was laughing so hard.

I saw that too. I thought that was that was so funnny to see him do that without the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sofunny::sofunny::toofunny::

Steeldude
01-03-2010, 09:00 PM

scared to get hit

Psyychoward86
01-03-2010, 09:17 PM

lol

Psyychoward86
01-03-2010, 09:18 PM
I kind of liked Mendenhall's spin move, but i guess i should be saying good work Kirby Wilson. Yeah, it seems like Kirby is trying to coach him out of it, urging him to take quick cuts and lower his shoulder more often to increase his yards after contact while reducing his fumbles. Kudos to the RB coach!

Steeldude
01-04-2010, 02:30 AM

:rofl: that was a good one

Galax Steeler
01-04-2010, 04:48 AM
scared to get hit

Maybe he thought it was Ray Lewis coming at him.:chuckle:

markymarc
01-04-2010, 02:44 PM

It was very nice to see Rashard running without trying the spin move a single time. It does make you wonder if Kirby Wilson and Mike Tomlin got on him about it.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Wasnt Mendenhall being praised a week or 2 ago, for great 2nd and 3rd effort on a goal line TD???............but now he suddenly is soft, doesnt like contact and spins too much....:banging:

Time to fire up the "draft Toby Gerhardt" or "Draft John Clay" threads to go with the "Draft Javorskie Lane and Frank the Tank" threads from last season.

micahn31
01-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Wasnt Mendenhall being praised a week or 2 ago, for great 2nd and 3rd effort on a goal line TD???............but now he suddenly is soft, doesnt like contact and spins too much....:banging:

Time to fire up the "draft Toby Gerhardt" or "Draft John Clay" threads to go with the "Draft Javorskie Lane and Frank the Tank" threads from last season.

how about steal Le’Ron McClain from the ravens?

lionslicer
01-04-2010, 09:34 PM
He's an awesome runner, but they don't give him the ball enough. There are games were he was averaging 5-6 yards per carry, but they gave up on the run as soon as he got stuffed once. Maybe next year they'll give him more of a chance in the offense. Maybe get a fullback who can actually block unlike Davis. Why did we ever let Kreider go, ever since he left we really haven't had a running game.

MarsRover
01-05-2010, 12:28 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/mat987/spin2.gif

LOL! It's like mid-stride he went into running back mode. Gotta love Mendie

Shoes
01-05-2010, 12:49 AM

Anyone see Redzone :chuckle:

devilsdancefloor
01-05-2010, 12:51 AM
im guessing that he doesnt and really doenst know he is doing all instinct. At times the spin would be fine but he does it all the time not keeping his eyes on creases he could exploit.

tony hipchest
01-05-2010, 12:55 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/mat987/spin2.gif

LOL! It's like mid-stride he went into running back mode. Gotta love Mendie

ahhhh... self preservation at its finest. instead of ketting knocked on his ass it looks like he was still able to run downfield and chase after the play (as futile as it was at that point).

mende showed me enough when he chased down studebaker on his 2nd int vs the chiefs.

BehindSteelCurtain
01-05-2010, 02:03 AM
ahhhh... self preservation at its finest. instead of ketting knocked on his ass it looks like he was still able to run downfield and chase after the play (as futile as it was at that point).

mende showed me enough when he chased down studebaker on his 2nd int vs the chiefs.

LMFAO gotta love Mendy.

BehindSteelCurtain
01-05-2010, 02:05 AM
Mendy wasn't a power guy at Illinois. Anyone can be a physical runner you just have to have that attititude that you are going to run the guy over.

I enjoy watching the guy from the Saints...I think it's Mike Bell? not sure, its NOT Pierre Thomas. He runs so hard, its incredible.