PDA

View Full Version : Best part of being out of playoffs? DRAFT TALK

Sharkissle29
01-03-2010, 06:34 PM
I know it sucks that we are out of the playoffs, but recently i have been REALLY into the NFL Draft...a lot more than normal. I think i am starting to become a superfan that wants to know everything and everyone in the game.

Anyways, i am a bit new at this but pick the first 3 rounds of who you want the steelers to draft....

Round 1 - Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama
Round 2 - Nate Allen, FS, USF
Round 3 - Dexter McCluster, RB, Ole Miss

A lot of this depends on the offseason, but IMO, Hampton is gone. Cody can immediately come in and make an impact.

Nate Allen is an extremely athletic safety, and i think this has become a need, after having watched how our safeties played w/o Troy.

Dexter isnt necessarily a need, but is an EXPLOSIVE playmaker and could be a steal if he is around in the 3rd. Chris Johnson II, w/o the attitude.

Let me know what you guys think, give me your 3 studs

BlackNGold88
01-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Dexter McCluster could be used in a Percy Harvin type role. He is a home run threat everytime he touches the ball. I'm not sure he last till round 3, given the type of player he is.

JCPsteelers
01-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Cody going to drop that far to us in the 1st round? I was under the impression he was a Top 10 player especially with the number of 3-4 defenses in the league now (someone like Denver could take him with one of their two 1st round picks (they have the Bears #1)

BlackNGold88
01-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Cody going to drop that far to us in the 1st round?
He is the 3rd or 4th best DT in this draft. I doubt that many DTs go before our pick. Plus who ahead of us would select him?

JCPsteelers
01-03-2010, 08:38 PM
He is the 3rd or 4th best DT in this draft. I doubt that many DTs go before our pick. Plus who ahead of us would select him?

Denver who has two picks...

SF also comes to mind..

Who's the other DT's ahead of him?

BlackNGold88
01-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Denver who has two picks...

SF also comes to mind..

Who's the other DT's ahead of him?
Suh, Mccoy and Williams. While the first 2 aren't 3-4 DTs they still will be highly regarded for either a 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT. 49ers will likely take a OL and a DB. Broncos? Really I don't think NT is a need at all for them right now, they need a DE and ILB.

JCPsteelers
01-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Denver wants to run the 3-4 and they are very light at the NT.. I can definitely see them use one of their picks on a NT..

Also the 49ers have Carolina's pick so they have two 1st rounders also.

BlackNGold88
01-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Denver wants to run the 3-4 and they are very light at the NT.. I can definitely see them use one of their picks on a NT..

Also the 49ers have Carolina's pick so they have two 1st rounders also.
Thats why I said OL and a DB. They're light at S and CB. And have a huge needs on the OL. I don't see them justifying a NT over those positions when they can pick up one later in the draft.

JCPsteelers
01-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Thats why I said OL and a DB. They're light at S and CB. And have a huge needs on the OL. I don't see them justifying a NT over those positions when they can pick up one later in the draft.

I think its wishful thinking.. I doubt they go corner or safety in the 1st round. OL I can buy..

supa_fly_steeler
01-03-2010, 10:44 PM
I didn't really like dan williams at all, played bad against the hokies.... GO HOKIES.

i like mccluster, but i would of thought he was round 2 stock.

Steely McSmash
01-04-2010, 11:34 AM

I believe Miami is hurting for a NT.