PDA

View Full Version : Wes Welker torn MCL and ACL

BlackNGold88
01-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Tough injury and he may not even be ready by next season.

Nadroj 20
01-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Wow that really sucks, i like Welker and i dont like to hear that.

HometownGal
01-03-2010, 06:48 PM
I don't like to hear about these types of injuries to any player, Steeler or not. I, too, like Welker and what he brings to the game. I wish him well and hope he fully recovers. :drink:

Glace
01-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Goodell and any other idiot saying teams shouldn't rest starters in meaningless games.....take a look at Welker and STFU.

The Patriot
01-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Bernard Pollard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banging::banging::banging:

tony hipchest
01-03-2010, 06:59 PM
he will play next weekend.

all reports otherwise are a farce.

Preacher
01-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Goodell and any other idiot saying teams shouldn't rest starters in meaningless games.....take a look at Welker and STFU.

Bingo. makes the Colts look just a bit smarter now, doesn't it?

Preacher
01-03-2010, 07:02 PM

???????????

Larry
01-03-2010, 07:14 PM

K.....are you a football prophet or something?

Ravnet
01-03-2010, 07:20 PM

Agreed, all he has is a severely torn ACL and MCL; tape his knee up and make that diva tough things out :tt04:

BrandonCarr39
01-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Bingo. makes the Colts look just a bit smarter now, doesn't it?

The Colts lost to you guys in 2005 b/c they were OUTCOACHED - the Steelers came out pass happy, and Tony Dungy and his staff had NO answer for that. You would think a team like the Colts that has one of the best secondaries in the league WOULD have an answer to that.

The Dwight Freeney injury hurt them in that 2007 playoff game against the Chargers - they got NO pass rush against the Chargers QBs.

Frankly - I'm tired of all the excuses over why teams lose(and yes, I happen to like the Colts too).

NV STEELERS 723
01-03-2010, 07:21 PM
sorry I don't feel your " well wishes" towards Welker......I'm sorry I just cant stand the PATS for any reason...I HATE EVERY PATS PLAYER !

BlackNGold88
01-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Bernard Pollard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banging::banging::banging:
Wait? He did it another?
Damn dude is a Patriot killer.

The Patriot
01-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Agreed, all he has is a severely torn ACL and MCL; tape his knee up and make that diva tough things out :tt04:

You birds going down next week. :tt:

tony hipchest
01-03-2010, 07:26 PM
???????????

K.....are you a football prophet or something?

the patriots are notorious for faking injuries to get a time out, lying on injury reports, and cheating.

sorry i am not yet willing to suck wes welkers balls and hold a candlelight vigil for him at this point.

i'll wait too see a credible source, and read him as listed as "out" for next weeks game, before i begin shedding tears with you folks.

carry on with the water works and sensitivities.... :coffee:

Larry
01-03-2010, 07:35 PM
the patriots are notorious for faking injuries to get a time out, lying on injury reports, and cheating.

sorry i am not yet willing to suck wes welkers balls and hold a candlelight vigil for him at this point.

i'll wait too see a credible source, and read him as listed as "out" for next weeks game, before i begin shedding tears with you folks.

We're not shedding tears for him or sucking his balls, weirdo. We aren't claiming that he's definitely out for the season, but you are claiming that all reports are a farce and that he will definitely be back. You're not too bright are you?

SteelersTilIDie
01-03-2010, 08:29 PM

Also take a look at how the colts crapped the bed against the Jets and potentially disabled the Steelers from making a playoff run and how resting healthy players destroys momentum and the integrity of professional footballl.

BlackNGold88
01-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Also take a look at how the colts crapped the bed against the Jets and potentially disabled the Steelers from making a playoff run and how resting healthy players destroys momentum and the integrity of professional footballl.

We disabled ourself from making the playoffs by losing to scrub teams. You can't blame other teams for our mistakes.

MACH1
01-03-2010, 08:40 PM

yup...goes along with those "broken" ribs.

43Hitman
01-03-2010, 08:47 PM

We're not shedding tears for him or sucking his balls, weirdo. We aren't claiming that he's definitely out for the season, but you are claiming that all reports are a farce and that he will definitely be back. You're not too bright are you?

I am pretty sure Hipcheese is screwing around. But......

:popcorn:

Psyychoward86
01-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Damn i love that guy. Best slot receiver in the league. Pats would have won with him :banging:

BlastFurnace
01-03-2010, 08:55 PM
I like Welker.

I also give the Pats props for giving it all they had today.

supa_fly_steeler
01-03-2010, 09:02 PM
too bad for him.

tony hipchest
01-03-2010, 09:06 PM
We're not shedding tears for him or sucking his balls, weirdo. We aren't claiming that he's definitely out for the season, but you are claiming that all reports are a farce and that he will definitely be back. You're not too bright are you? i dont care if you are a patriots nuthugger. or a hugger of nuts of the likes of king, lombardi, or lacanfora...

NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi reports the Patriots fear Welker might have torn both the anterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligament in the knee, according to source close to the team. NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora reports initial tests revealed damage to both the ACL and MCL, and that the injury is likely season-ending.

An MRI exam, scheduled for Monday, will likely confirm the severity of the injury.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick did not have an update on Welker’s status following the game.

... i will believe it when i see it on official reports or on the field next weekend. the patriots are notorious liars.

let the grotesque rubbeth of the balls continue.

JEFF4i
01-03-2010, 09:11 PM
While he probably is out for the season, would anyone really be surprised if Belicheat was in fact lying?

43Hitman
01-03-2010, 09:13 PM
While he probably is out for the season, would anyone really be surprised if Belicheat was in fact lying?

Nope. They don't call him Belicheat for nothing. He earned it.

The injury looked pretty bad though in the replays I saw.

tony hipchest
01-03-2010, 09:14 PM
belicheat?

lying?

no way!

being that im the 1st one to offer what is even close to an official source on the topic of this thread, i will continue and reserve my right to remain skeptical.

Ravnet
01-03-2010, 09:24 PM
sorry I don't feel your " well wishes" towards Welker......I'm sorry I just cant stand the PATS for any reason...I HATE EVERY PATS PLAYER !

Then you're now, officially, a Ravens fan next week.

Welcome :thumbsup:

CanadianSteel
01-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Personally I cannot stand any of the Cheats and that puss Welker is near the top of the list along with Brady, Bruschi, Harrison etc....
I give him credit as a very good slot receiver but he's also a puss when it comes to contact and dives at the turf everytime he is about to get hit after a catch. In fact when he hurt his knee today it looked as if he was in between deciding whether to go down to turf as usual to avoid contact, or continue on.

Sorry no tears shed at this end as injuries are part of the game, and hoping tne Pats make a early exit.
Funny how Brady and the also the Cheats "sieve" defence look very human after you take away their film advantage....

Shea
01-03-2010, 09:32 PM
If this is true, then what a huge loss for the Pats* going into the playoffs.

And what a strange coincidence that the same player took out Welker and was responsible for Brady's knee blow-up last year.

Since we are playing the Pats* next year maybe we can find a roster spot for Pollard. Maybe get Moss this time. Just kidding! (I think.....)

mesaSteeler
01-03-2010, 10:36 PM

I would only be surprised if Belicheat told the truth.

Galax Steeler
01-04-2010, 04:06 AM
If it is indeed true then that will hurt the Patriots big time. Teams can lean toward defending Moss more.

steelreserve
01-04-2010, 11:21 AM

Why? He got injured in the first quarter. Even the Colts during their worst tank jobs leave the starters in longer than that.

All this proves is that injuries really are random, and holding a player out for roughly 2% of the season does not make you that smart, nor is it going to do much to protect him.

steelreserve
01-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Also, as a side note: I think one of the funniest things would have been for the Colts to have the ball with 5 minutes left yesterday and run some play where the ballcarrier got shoved out of bounds hard, and fell over right into Peyton Manning's knees as he was standing on the sideline in a baseball cap, tearing both his ACLs. THAT would be poetic justice, and a much-needed lesson too.

Glace
01-05-2010, 04:08 PM
http://http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81586e26&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81586e26&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Tuesday that star wide receiver Wes Welker was hurt on a Houston field that was in terrible condition.

MRI results confirmed that Patriots WR Wes Welker tore anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in his left knee, a source with knowledge of the situation told Jason La Canfora.

Welker, who led the NFL with 123 receptions this season, suffered a serious left knee injury during a 34-27 loss to the Texans on Sunday on what Belichick called "one of the worst fields I've seen."

The coach didn't elaborate Tuesday on remarks he made one day earlier during his weekly appearance on WEEI radio. Belichick said the field was inconsistent -- spongy in parts and hard in others -- causing players to get a different feel with each step.

Belichick said a lot of non-contact injuries such as Welker's occur on such surfaces.

Asked several times about the field Tuesday, Belichick said he is focusing on Sunday's AFC wild-card game against the Baltimore Ravens.

Oh, Belicheat...you make me laugh. How many other players got hurt due to the turf in Houston this year? Why do you have to bring people down to justify things to yourself?

Crow-Magnon
01-05-2010, 05:19 PM
http://http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81586e26&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81586e26&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

Oh, Belicheat...you make me laugh. How many other players got hurt due to the turf in Houston this year? Why do you have to bring people down to justify things to yourself?

He also addressed Brady's "broken" ribs:

Per Boston Globe.com:

Charley Casserly reported on CBS before the game Sunday that Brady had three broken ribs. Belichick mocked that report yesterday.

“There’s so much stuff out there that is so inaccurate that it’s comical,’’ Belichick said. “Who’s been wrong more than Casserly? His percentage is like a meteorologist. He has no relationship with this team, less than zero.

“At least he put his name on it. I’ll put my name on it, too. He’s 100 percent wrong.’’

Ol' Bill can't say anything without taking a shot at someone else. I hope to God the Ravens wipe the smirk off the face of that dirty sweatshirt-wearin' mofo this Sunday.

43Hitman
01-05-2010, 05:36 PM
I am pulling for the Raven big in this game. Freaking Bellicheat, what an asshat.

BrandonCarr39
01-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Well - if there's anything going good for the Pats in this game, is that the Ravens kicking game is horrendous. They almost blew the Oakland game b/c of just that.

steel striker
01-06-2010, 03:00 PM
I don't like to see any player get hurt and, I like Welker he is a very good player I wish hime a speedy recovery. Now having said that I don't like the pats at all but, Welker seems like a good guy.