PDA

View Full Version : 2 Thoughts...

JEFF4i
01-03-2010, 08:25 PM
1) We had a heckuva hard schedule last year, and faced some incredibly difficult teams. And we beat them. This year, all the hard teams we faced except for the Bengals, we beat. Isn't that curious? Now I'm not one to excuse or anything of the sort, but can't we reasonably say that we played to our competition?

It certainly isn't that simple, but something I noticed. Harder schedules may be better for us though. I'm exactly the same way when I compete in my sports, I play down to the competition and notice myself losing in situations that I have no excuse for, and winning when odds are against it.

2) Going in to the 4th quarter of the Superbowl against the Cardinals we had a large lead only to....you get the point.

Writing on the wall? Hehe.

Both are primarily coincidental, but fine coincidences they are.

Bluedust
01-03-2010, 08:29 PM
1) We had a heckuva hard schedule last year, and faced some incredibly difficult teams. And we beat them. This year, all the hard teams we faced except for the Bengals, we beat. Isn't that curious? Now I'm not one to excuse or anything of the sort, but can't we reasonably say that we played to our competition?

It certainly isn't that simple, but something I noticed. Harder schedules may be better for us though. I'm exactly the same way when I compete in my sports, I play down to the competition and notice myself losing in situations that I have no excuse for, and winning when odds are against it.

2) Going in to the 4th quarter of the Superbowl against the Cardinals we had a large lead only to....you get the point.

Writing on the wall? Hehe.

Both are primarily coincidental, but fine coincidences they are.

Aaron Smith and TP.

But yeah, they're obviously not getting motivated enough for the dreg games.

Edit: Whoever that falls on, I guess Tomlin.

stillers4me

I wouldn't even call the Bengals one of the better teams we lost to. They are currently tanking as we speak...and they aren't trying to. :chuckle:

Give me a tough schedule any day. We will win more games.

Psyychoward86
U make a fine point. This is a team that plays it's finest when it knows the going is gonna get tough before it happens. It just didnt happen this year. Be thankful though, it's absolutely remarkable to fans of other teams that we can call an 9-7 season an abysmal one. We'll be in position to be a Force next season. Bank on it

JEFF4i
01-03-2010, 08:30 PM
WEll, that's true. WE could've easily beat the Bengals both times.

And yes I recognize we are without Smith and Troy, but just pointing out two coincidences that played out this year. I guess I need to make that a little more clear for you to understand.

JCPsteelers
01-03-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm still in shock that we allowed this awful Bengals offense to comeback in the 4th quarter in Cincy..

I get the 2nd game, they outplayed us but the 1st game in Cincy was just embarrassing to lose that way.

Cincy better lose this game because I don't think they can win against the high powered Texans offense. The Bengals offense is a joke.

Bluedust
01-03-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm still in shock that we allowed this awful Bengals offense to comeback in the 4th quarter in Cincy..

I get the 2nd game, they outplayed us but the 1st game in Cincy was just embarrassing to lose that way.

Cincy better lose this game because I don't think they can win against the high powered Texans offense. The Bengals offense is a joke.

Dude we let this awful Cincy offense comeback because Arians didn't gameplan well enough, fire him imho

stillers4me
01-03-2010, 08:36 PM

Based on what I'm watching tonight, we'd would have knocked the Bengals off next week, guaranteed.

JEFF4i
01-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Yeah, the Bengals move into the sucky category with this showing. Again, we're not excused from judgment of playing bad teams....but we still did better than they're doing.

JCPsteelers
Based on what I'm watching tonight, we'd would have knocked the Bengals off next week, guaranteed.

I agree.. This Bengals team might be able to win an ugly game against the Jets at home, but they'd lose to everyone else.

Fifty8
Aaron Smith and TP.

But yeah, they're obviously not getting motivated enough for the dreg games.

Edit: Whoever that falls on, I guess Tomlin.

In addition to Smith and TP we played minus B McFadden and L Foote (FA loses) too. So our SuperBowl D was down 4 starters. Kirschke and Keisel missed some time too.

And gay was burnt more than marshmallows at a toddler campfire.

Rockonsteel
01-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Yeah, the Bengals move into the sucky category with this showing. Again, we're not excused from judgment of playing bad teams....but we still did better than they're doing.

Is that right? How soon we forget 6 pts and 8 sacks allowed against the Browns on national TV. Just sayin'.

Rockon

JEFF4i
01-03-2010, 08:51 PM
6 points and allowing 8 sacks is still showing more offensive production than the Bungles so far, hehe.

Seriously people, you all are a bunch of Debbie Downers, lol.

Fifty8
01-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Is that right? How soon we forget 6 pts and 8 sacks allowed against the Browns on national TV. Just sayin'.

Rockon

:uhh::puke:

JEFF4i
01-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Oh, and Rockon, we also gave up less points in 60 than the Bungles have in 30 there, more than half less. Yeah, different conditions, but as bad as we may have looked...

We don't look as bad as the Bungles do right now, and that makes me smile, because there ain't anything else you can do about it.