PDA

View Full Version : The silver lining to 2009

Gnutella
01-04-2010, 05:45 AM
The Steelers finished the season with a three-game winning streak. They say that the momentum you establish at the end of a season can carry into the next season, whether it be the playoffs or the next regular season. We'll be back in 2010.

Vincent
01-04-2010, 06:09 AM
The Steelers finished the season with a three-game winning streak. They say that the momentum you establish at the end of a season can carry into the next season, whether it be the playoffs or the next regular season. We'll be back in 2010.

And the cloud to that lining is that it might have saved Ariens.

"So be it". :banging: :mad:

kittenfantastico76
01-04-2010, 07:16 AM
I like the way you think Gnutella! Learning from mistakes, healing our wounds and formulating a plan while practicing will only make them stronger.

HometownGal
01-04-2010, 07:18 AM

Very good post - I like your positive thinking! :drink:

I don't believe Arians job was ever in jeopardy. :drink:

Rockonsteel
01-04-2010, 07:31 AM

My sentiments exactly! Winning those last three games means we probably have to stomach another season of Arians' crap. :mad:

Rockon

TackleMeBen
01-04-2010, 07:51 AM
I don't believe Arians job was ever in jeopardy
HTG, i think you are right on that one, unfortunely. lol

Winning those last three games means we probably have to stomach another season of Arians' crap.
i dont think i have anything left to break or throw in my house for next season if we keep arians.

4xSBChamps
01-04-2010, 08:50 AM
a season like this gives an intelligent Staff & front Office glimpses into their team's weaknesses

* 2nd time in 4 years that a defending SB Champion can't maintain intensity to make watered-down playoff format

* despite winning it all last year, Roethlisberger can't keep getting hit so-often, or it may severely shorten his career in this League

* injuries, not-only to Polamalu, decimated the defense, the mainstay of this team, and adequate back-ups are needed

* kick-coverage needs to be adressed, so we aren't giving-up field position so-often

all is not-lost, if these needs are taken care of

scsteeler
01-04-2010, 09:01 AM

Yes that can be the building blocks for next year. While I wanted to see us in the playoffs I am hopeful that next year a lot of the weaknesses that were exposed this season will be fixed.

shovelnose
01-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Gnutella I like your thinking! And while I'm not a BA fan. How is it his fault our defense collapses in the 4th quarter for most of the year? Even the games we have won were nail biters because our normal bend don't break defense was giving up far to many points in the last 15 minutes.

stb_steeler
01-04-2010, 01:20 PM
a season like this gives an intelligent Staff & front Office glimpses into their team's weaknesses

* 2nd time in 4 years that a defending SB Champion can't maintain intensity to make watered-down playoff format

* despite winning it all last year, Roethlisberger can't keep getting hit so-often, or it may severely shorten his career in this League

* injuries, not-only to Polamalu, decimated the defense, the mainstay of this team, and adequate back-ups are needed

* kick-coverage needs to be adressed, so we aren't giving-up field position so-often

That about covers it....

Steelerfreak58
01-04-2010, 01:22 PM

This is really all that needs to be said on the matter.

HometownGal
01-04-2010, 01:44 PM
HTG, i think you are right on that one, unfortunely. lol

I wouldn't say unfortunately - this O under Arians more than did its job this season imho. Arians has done nothing to warrant being fired but if the Steelers FO disagrees with me, then so be it - I'll support whoever is in that position next season.

i dont think i have anything left to break or throw in my house for next season if we keep arians.

Are you saying you didn't break or throw anything in your house watching our D blow 4Q leads? :banging:

madtowndrunkard
01-04-2010, 01:47 PM

I'm not sure how 3 years of inconsistency could be thrown out the window because we beat the Packers, Ravens, and Dolphins to finish the season.

plenewken
01-04-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure how 3 years of inconsistency could be thrown out the window because we beat the Packers, Ravens, and Dolphins to finish the season.

And when you say we beat the Packers and Ravens, you're generous. The Packers and Ravens lost but we can't say we beat them.

Angus Burgher
01-04-2010, 02:56 PM
And when you say we beat the Packers and Ravens, you're generous. The Packers and Ravens lost but we can't say we beat them.

Do you just post here to be negative and shit all over our team? We BEAT the Packers, who, offensively, played a very strong game. The reason we came out on top is because we WON the game in the last seconds. That's all there is to it.

As for the Ravens game, yes, they did self-destruct. But if we hadn't put 23 points on the board and came up big against them defensively towards the end of the game, it wouldn't have mattered, would it?

Christ, lament over this season all you want, but don't put down the Steelers for the things they did right.