PDA

View Full Version : Which draft pick do we have?

ETL
01-04-2010, 09:20 AM
I figure since 12 teams made playoffs, we are no worse than 20. Atlanta and Houston also finished 9-7. We are lower than Houston, so I guess we would have either 18 or 19?

Great, we are in perfect position to draft Tebow.

(I'm being sarcastic. I would kill myself if we drafted tebow)

WH
01-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Only reason the Steelers would draft Tebow is if they had no one else that they wanted in the first round and figure they can use him as trade bait to get 2 or 3 more picks spread around in day 1 and/or 2. (read me typing as if I even know one tiny thing about the NFL draft)

4xSBChamps
01-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Great, we are in perfect position to draft Tebow.

do you have inside-info, on 'em Stillers going to a double TE offense in '10?

:noidea:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Looks like we will have pick # 18 or #19.

CargoJon
01-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Here's to the best available O-Lineman or CB at our position.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Here's to the best available O-Lineman or CB at our position.

OR.....ILB (to replace Farrior), or (NT to replace Hampton). Lots of ways for the FO to go.

Dino 6 Rings
01-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Teebow would be awesome

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Teebow would be awesome

:chair:

Dino 6 Rings
01-04-2010, 11:46 AM
:chair:

well with Batch gone after this year's injury, and Dixon as a pretty good #2, why not bring in Teebow as a scat back, possible short yardage qb, possible Holder for the Place Kicker with the option of an actual FAKE KICK at some point, or the upman on a punt for a direct snap on a 4th and 2?

Just saying, the Kid can play football and anyone who disagrees with that statement is just not watching College Football and doesn't really understand the game of football.

Teebow can play, I'd take him in the black and gold as much as I'd take almost any other guy out of college this year besides a couple High Draft Pick Dlinemen like Suh and McCoy out of Oklahoma...

Otherwise, the class doesn't impress me that much, and the upside for Teebow as a Football Player is huge.

Gnutella
01-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Terrence Cody, anyone?

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2010, 11:52 AM
well with Batch gone after this year's injury, and Dixon as a pretty good #2, why not bring in Teebow as a scat back, possible short yardage qb, possible Holder for the Place Kicker with the option of an actual FAKE KICK at some point, or the upman on a punt for a direct snap on a 4th and 2?

Just saying, the Kid can play football and anyone who disagrees with that statement is just not watching College Football and doesn't really understand the game of football.
Teebow can play, I'd take him in the black and gold as much as I'd take almost any other guy out of college this year besides a couple High Draft Pick Dlinemen like Suh and McCoy out of Oklahoma...

Otherwise, the class doesn't impress me that much, and the upside for Teebow as a Football Player is huge.

Tebow is possibly the best College footbal player of all time. It doesnt mean that he is going to be a great NFL player.

Take a look at Eric Crouch, Charlie Ward or Mike Vick. Tebow wants to play QB, but as a passer, Bradford, McCoy, Pike and Mallet will likely get picked higher than him.

Indo
01-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Terrence Cody, anyone?

You beat me to it...I think he'd be perfect
but I don't think he'll be around by the time we pick

steelerjim58
01-04-2010, 12:03 PM

You would waste a number 1 on someone to fill that role?????????????????

Merchant
01-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Don't think Mount Cody will fall to us.. plus I really think we need a corner

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Don't think Mount Cody will fall to us.. plus I really think we need a corner

What if he takes his shirt off at his workout like Andre Smith???? I think he could drop then. :chuckle:

KeiselPower99
01-04-2010, 12:16 PM
We are picking 18th this year so take it from there. Personally Tebow is overrated and I dont wanna see him in Pittsburgh

SteelCurtain0815
01-04-2010, 12:20 PM
I'd love to get Eric Berry, but he will never fall. It'd be awesome to get Mt. Cody to replace Hampton, but I doubt he falls to us. One person that probably would fall to us is Taylor Mays. He is a lot like Sean Taylor. Bone crushing hitter, but not as good against the pass as Taylor was. He would help our run d and make receivers scared to catch the ball over the middle.

Gnutella
01-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Tim Tebow is not "the greatest player in college football history." I'd even argue that Percy Harvin meant more to the Florida Gators than Tebow ever did.

Gnutella
01-04-2010, 12:24 PM
As for Terrence Cody, depending on how many players we keep this off-season, I might be willing to trade up a few positions to get him.

SteelCurtain0815
01-04-2010, 12:29 PM
I would also trade up a few spots for Cody. I think he would be an upgrade over hampton down the road. I heard that Cody was 415 lbs?

stillers4me
01-04-2010, 12:33 PM
I just received a text..........we have the 18th pick, 1st of the 9-7 teams.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Tim Tebow is not "the greatest player in college football history." I'd even argue that Percy Harvin meant more to the Florida Gators than Tebow ever did.

Yeah, I guess that is why Harvin was nominated for the Heisman instead of Tebow.:doh:

Merchant
01-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Wtf... why would we waste a pick on Tebow?? I don't want that virgin on our team

Gnutella
01-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I guess that is why Harvin was nominated for the Heisman instead of Tebow.:doh:

No, Tebow won the Heisman because they only ever give the damn thing to QBs and RBs. WRs and defensive players get screwed. Ndamukong Suh deserved the Heisman this year, but they gave it to a RB instead.

SteelCurtain0815
01-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Tim Tebow is the most over rated player in the nation. He throws a terrible ball, and has no business playing QB in the NFL. Did anyone watch the Bama game? He was terrible. Florida's championship run was due to their team speed on offense and tenacious defense. If Tebow were there in the 4th or 5th round, then I would consider taking him.

WH
01-04-2010, 01:05 PM
With this sudden burst of absolute needs in many area.....what the hell have the Steelers been doing with their late day 1, day 2 draft picks?

(rhetorical question)

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2010, 01:11 PM
No, Tebow won the Heisman because they only ever give the damn thing to QBs and RBs. WRs and defensive players get screwed. Ndamukong Suh deserved the Heisman this year, but they gave it to a RB instead.

Yeah, I guess that if Harvin had the impact on the game the way that Desmond Howard or Tim Brown did......maybe he would have gotten a shot. :chuckle:, but of course its easy to see that the Florida offense went thru Percy Harvin and not Tim Tebow. :rofl:

4xSBChamps
01-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Tim Tebow is the most over rated player in the nation.

I've watched him for 4 seasons, since moving to central Florida, and although he is a (... the?) God to the locals, I can't imagine him taking a majority of the snaps in 5 years for an NFL team;
Tight End / H-back / Wildcat tailback, maybe, but not a QB as we know it today

Mags87
01-04-2010, 01:29 PM
who do you think might go after Cody more than us though? he's essentially a perfect NT and i dont think he'd be a good fit in a 4-3 D. who else runs a 3-4 besides us, SD and GB?

Indo
01-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Somebody asked about Cody's size-----he's listed at 6'5"-365lbs (seems a little low to me:thumbsup:)

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/cody_terrence00.html

Dino 6 Rings
01-04-2010, 01:46 PM
I find the Teebow hatred hilarious.

By the way, I'd still like to see him in the black and gold. But not before we got a talented Corner, or Dlineman. My guess is Tomlin goes defense again this year. we'll see.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2010, 01:47 PM
who do you think might go after Cody more than us though? he's essentially a perfect NT and i dont think he'd be a good fit in a 4-3 D. who else runs a 3-4 besides us, SD and GB?

Chiefs could use a NT, but not picking top 5. Same with the 49ers, but I bet they look QB or O line. The only team picking in front of us with need for a bona fide NT is the Broncos.

Also, the only real teams that I can see who will be looking for a LT in front of us would be Washington, Seattle, Buffalo(maybe S.F.). So my guess is that Russell Okung, Trent Williams, Anthony Davis, Brian Bulaga, Bruce Campbell will be the top OT's. any one of the last 4 could be there at pick #18. (Jason Fox could be in the mix too)

I'd love to see Anthony Davis play RT next season if Colon goes, then he can take over the LT spot in a couple seasons.

fansince'76
01-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Somebody asked about Cody's size-----he's listed at 6'5"-365lbs (seems a little low to me:thumbsup:)

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/cody_terrence00.html

Kinda like Hampton being listed at 325. :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2010, 02:41 PM
I find the Teebow hatred hilarious.

By the way, I'd still like to see him in the black and gold. But not before we got a talented Corner, or Dlineman. My guess is Tomlin goes defense again this year. we'll see.

I dont hate Tebow.....I just hate when people overpimp college players that dont translate to the pro game.

Its like when college basketball fans were saying "J.J. Reddick and Adam Morrison will be great NBA players". I had guys telling me that a few years back, when they had no idea that while they were the best players in college BB, they didnt have NBA type games.

My guess is the Jags trade down to get Tebow for PR reasons and another pick for actual talent reasons.

SteelMember
01-04-2010, 03:23 PM
My guess is the Jags trade down to get Tebow for PR reasons and another pick for actual talent reasons.

I think your right on with this. They need to sell tickets. They will pin their hopes on the hometown boy.

It's not much of a secret anymore.

Even if we miss on Cody, we could always end up with Williams.

Whatever the choice, I think we are going to have some pretty good canidates, no matter the position. NT, OT, CB, ILB, or safety.

Undoubtably, the best "character" guy fitting the BPA will get the call.

43Hitman
01-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Do we get any extra picks from losing McFadden and Foote?

Vincent
01-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Kinda like Hampton being listed at 325. :chuckle:

And Mr and Mrs Bettis' Baby Jerome at 255. :rofl:

JB could extended his career at NT. "I'm not fast. I'm kinda quick".

WH
01-04-2010, 03:47 PM
It's not much of a secret anymore.

If I'm one of the several teams picking before Jax. I take him. call up the Jags and say ''How much do you value your franchise staying in Florida?''

Steel_12
01-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Wtf... why would we waste a pick on Tebow?? I don't want that virgin on our team

LMAO :rofl:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Do we get any extra picks from losing McFadden and Foote?

Good question, but didnt we grant Foote his wish and release him?? Could be getting something for McFadden and Nate Washington, but we signed Ratliff and McDonald in their place.........so we'll get squat as usual.

Texasteel
01-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Chiefs could use a NT, but not picking top 5. Same with the 49ers, but I bet they look QB or O line. The only team picking in front of us with need for a bona fide NT is the Broncos.

Also, the only real teams that I can see who will be looking for a LT in front of us would be Washington, Seattle, Buffalo(maybe S.F.). So my guess is that Russell Okung, Trent Williams, Anthony Davis, Brian Bulaga, Bruce Campbell will be the top OT's. any one of the last 4 could be there at pick #18. (Jason Fox could be in the mix too)

I'd love to see Anthony Davis play RT next season if Colon goes, then he can take over the LT spot in a couple seasons.

You know I have been following Davis all year and would love for this to be our pick. I am afraid, though, that he very well may be the 3 OT off the board, after Okung and Campbell. Fox is still very interesting to me, just need to hear more about his surgery.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2010, 05:41 PM
You know I have been following Davis all year and would love for this to be our pick. I am afraid, though, that he very well may be the 3 OT off the board, after Okung and Campbell. Fox is still very interesting to me, just need to hear more about his surgery.

Yeah, I think there is gonna be a lot of uncertainty in the OT's draft order after Okung. Personally, I think Williams is #2, then some may have Campbell#3, but scared of his injury past, then some think Davis is too heavy, Charles Brown is too light and Fox not talented enough.

Any way, I think we find a good player at #18, whether its ILB, NT, OT or DB.

Preacher
01-04-2010, 05:44 PM
One year too late, IMO,

Imagine who we could have had last year with that pick.

Oh well, I'd rather have the SB instead.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2010, 05:52 PM
One year too late, IMO,

Imagine who we could have had last year with that pick.

Oh well, I'd rather have the SB instead.

Yeah, or if we traded up to #22 last year and drafted Michael Oher instead of Hood and Urbik. We could have entrusted the LT job to Essex for 2 seasons instead of Starks ...........then put that Starks $$ towards Chris Canty or Igor Olshansky instead.

Lots of ways we could have gone, but letting Starks go and trading up to #22 for Oher would have been such a great move!!!

Nighthawk
01-04-2010, 07:40 PM
I think we will trade up, hopefully.

Preacher
01-04-2010, 11:54 PM
I think we will trade up, hopefully.
We could, but only under certain conditions do the Rooney's trade up.

1. It seems they will only trade a few spots.. not make a 10 or 12 spot move.

2. The right guy has to fall down to that position

3. That right guy has to fit NICELY into our team, like Troy or Santo have.

4. Whoever we trade with, has to be willing to take a second or third rounder THIS year.

So if the right person is there at the right time with the right team coming up for a pick... I could see it.

tony hipchest
01-05-2010, 12:20 AM
We could, but only under certain conditions do the Rooney's trade up.

1. It seems they will only trade a few spots.. not make a 10 or 12 spot move.

2. The right guy has to fall down to that position

3. That right guy has to fit NICELY into our team, like Troy or Santo have.

4. Whoever we trade with, has to be willing to take a second or third rounder THIS year.

So if the right person is there at the right time with the right team coming up for a pick... I could see it.

all recent leaps forward have seemed more significant than a few spot move.

(polamalu, holmes, sepulveda)

i think we have a solid roster. 7 rookies should NOT make this team. (we still have the likes of frank the tank and mchugh we still gotta squeeze back in with addition of keeping a. madison and s. logan on the roster.

we also have rookies we have spent the last year or 2 developing (urbick, hills, lewis, along with people like foster and rashon harris.)

if any year is the year to move up and grab a blue chip player, i say next year is it (do what the jets did to us when they snagged revis).

Preacher
01-05-2010, 01:15 AM
all recent leaps forward have seemed more significant than a few spot move.

(polamalu, holmes, sepulveda)

i think we have a solid roster. 7 rookies should NOT make this team. (we still have the likes of frank the tank and mchugh we still gotta squeeze back in with addition of keeping a. madison and s. logan on the roster.

we also have rookies we have spent the last year or 2 developing (urbick, hills, lewis, along with people like foster and rashon harris.)

if any year is the year to move up and grab a blue chip player, i say next year is it (do what the jets did to us when they snagged revis).

I went back and checked the history. I was surprised that Troy P. was a 11 spot move.

Holmes was a 7 spot move, which is what I pretty much expected. He dropped to number 25 when we took him.

On Sep, I was talking only first round... A move from the very bottom of the 5th round to the middle of the 4th round is about the equivalent of a 3rd round move of 15 spots.. or a first round bottom move of about 5-7 spots.

As far as what we have for next year. That is an interesting question.

Let's look at positions..

1. WR. IMO, any pick here above about the 5th round is a complete waste. We are SO set here. And yes, I do believe Sweed gets next year to prove himself.

2. RB. We have our starter. We have our 3rd down back in Memo. Maybe Willie comes back, maybe not. But there is no way we are spending a first round or second round pick here, unless the second coming of the Bus is available without us trading up.

3. QB. Batch may be back, may not. But we need a backup that has experience. So no draft here... unless Tebow falls to the fourth round, then its just BPA

4. O line. IMO, we need a RG or LT first and foremost. I think Willie C. has grown into his position at RT and is going to be there for quite a while. Center is ok, but we have Leg. behind him that has shown an ability to play pretty well. Kemo has come on STRONG.

So the line is a place we can't afford to trade away a draft pick (but maybe we trade to get a guy FOR this line?)

5. Dline. We are old. Its time to get some fresh blood in there, even with the pick of Ziggy last year.

6. LB's, we are set pretty well across the board with Fox as the primary backup. I could see a third round pick here, or a second if BPA fell here.

7. CB's. We have 5 on the roster, two of which are rookies in development and once is a first year starter. Ike will be fine IMO. If we look at his bad seasons, they come in conjunction with the rest of the team. That means, that it may be more scheme than Ike that is causing the problems.

8. Safety. Here is where it gets dicey. Troy P. isn't going anywhere. But with his style of play, he gets injured quite a bit. He has a motor that won't stop so he isn't going to take it easy. The same is true with Clark, whose big hits have put himself out of the game at times as well.

I think we need to draft someone here that can step in at either position and player at a very high level.

That means, we have an O line position that needs to be filled, a D line that has to get younger with at least one more player, and the safeties that need to get a very good backup.

There are three picks in the first three rounds of needs we have. Now, if we can move up in the first, and give away a 3rd and a fifth, and then move up into the bottom third with a 4th and a sixth, or a 3rd next year and a 5th this year, I could see it.

Of course, the other question is, do we have any compensatory picks this year? That would altar the scenario and make it more likely we move up.

You are right though, 7 rookies will NEVER make this roster. With us being a bit higher, there IS reason to suspect numbers 5-7 may be used to move up in rounds 2-4. I just don't see it in round 1, unless it is a BIG fish in JUST the right spot. That, for me, would probably be an O or D line player.

tony hipchest
01-05-2010, 01:44 AM
preach (great breakdown) i think our comp picks are based upon just mcfadden. (foote was released).

i think we may get a 5th for b-mac.

there is a SERIOUS problem (larry z and his immediate offensive supervisor) if k. urbick cant pan out as a solid RG in this league. teams routinely plug in rookie linemen from the later rounds and find immediate success.

this could be our year to stike iron on a legitimate LT (especially with colon probably earning $4-5 mil/season on the open market. there is also hamptons possible departure to think about. and if a CB like revis falls within reach, that is always an option.

if a patrick impact type player falls outside of the top 10, i would have no problems with us moving up to get him.

ryan clark was a simple and effective solution to the departure of chris hope. (i think the same type of move can be made going forward in regards to our safeties).

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-05-2010, 01:50 AM
Preacher, I dont quite understand your points that you outlined...

3. A backup QB with experience....but you mention Tebow??? I think 3rd year pro Dennis Dixon is the perfect backup instead of a run first QB rookie.

4. RG??? We have any number of guys that can play RG in Legursky, Foster, Urbik ....or the incumbent Essex. That draft isnt happening. An OT makes sense.

5. D. Line I agree totally, especially a NT as Hood and Harris have a shot at backing up DE's.

6. I dont think we are set at all at ILB. Farrior is 35 and his replacement isnt Fox. Fox is a career backup and special teamer and Donovan Woods is the other backup. This is possibly the thinnest spot on the roster. I would not be surprised at all to see a 1st or 2nd round pick on an ILB.

My guess is we see a NT, ILB, S, OT drafted with the first 4 selections, but not necessarily in that order.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-05-2010, 01:59 AM
preach (great breakdown) i think our comp picks are based upon just mcfadden. (foote was released).

i think we may get a 5th for b-mac.

there is a SERIOUS problem (larry z and his immediate offensive supervisor) if k. urbick cant pan out as a solid RG in this league. teams routinely plug in rookie linemen from the later rounds and find immediate success.

this could be our year to stike iron on a legitimate LT (especially with colon probably earning $4-5 mil/season on the open market. there is also hamptons possible departure to think about. and if a CB like revis falls within reach, that is always an option.

if a patrick impact type player falls outside of the top 10, i would have no problems with us moving up to get him.

ryan clark was a simple and effective solution to the departure of chris hope. (i think the same type of move can be made going forward in regards to our safeties).

Tony, I just cant see a LT selected. The line has been in worse need of an OT and its never been prioritized. I bet that if Colon leaves, they move Essex to OT and let Foster, Urbik, Legursky fight out the RG spot.....then use the 4th rounder on a OT like Ulatoski(Texas) or Calloway(Iowa).

My guess is that it shakes out as either Terrance Cody or Dan Williams at #18, then the best available ILB (Spikes or Rucker), then Safety like Kurt Coleman in the 3rd.

Preacher
01-05-2010, 02:13 AM
Preacher, I dont quite understand your points that you outlined...

3. A backup QB with experience....but you mention Tebow??? I think 3rd year pro Dennis Dixon is the perfect backup instead of a run first QB rookie.

No, my point was, we don't need a QB in the draft. The ONLY way we would draft a QB, is if a top QB dropped down to the bottom half of the draft. I was being facetious. I know, it doesn't come across well on a computer :chuckle:

4. RG??? We have any number of guys that can play RG in Legursky, Foster, Urbik ....or the incumbent Essex. That draft isnt happening. An OT makes sense. Actually, I was thinking that Leg. will be slotted to play Center, and we could kick essex out to LT if we were able to pick up a RG. I know we have Urbik, but he seemed not to impress in camp. Foster did play well at LG in replacement of Kemo, I forgot about him. But drafting a top prospect, that we would move up in round 1 to get, means the team would probably be willing to bet he would be a first year starter on the line. So a RG and Essex moving over is just as good IMO, as drafting a LT. In other words, we get to fix the LT in one of two ways.

5. D. Line I agree totally, especially a NT as Hood and Harris have a shot at backing up DE's. Yep. Or maybe Hood even has a shot at displacing someone next year... an outside shot, but still a shot.

6. I dont think we are set at all at ILB. Farrior is 35 and his replacement isnt Fox. Fox is a career backup and special teamer and Donovan Woods is the other backup. This is possibly the thinnest spot on the roster. I would not be surprised at all to see a 1st or 2nd round pick on an ILB.

Honestly, I forgot about Potsie. I think I posted somewhere else that Fox is a very good placeholder. I think of him in the same way I thought of Haggans and Foote. They weren't the future, they were placeholders until the future got there. I think Fox can and will play in the same way. Maybe Potsie takes a back up role next year. Maybe he still has a year left in him. I just think we need to fix our lines before we spend another high draft pick on a LB.

My guess is we see a NT, ILB, S, OT drafted with the first 4 selections, but not necessarily in that order.

I was only focusing on the first three. My guess, is two lineman (O and D), and s safety.

I could see a ILB in the fourth. However, two big things could happen.

1. As Tony was saying, someone big could fall far enough, that we give up a pick or two to go and get him. IMO, that would be a lineman or a NT.

2. All our guys are off the board, and we get BPA. Then, who knows what we will end up with. TE?

Preacher
01-05-2010, 02:17 AM
Tony, I just cant see a LT selected. The line has been in worse need of an OT and its never been prioritized. I bet that if Colon leaves, they move Essex to OT and let Foster, Urbik, Legursky fight out the RG spot.....then use the 4th rounder on a OT like Ulatoski(Texas) or Calloway(Iowa).

My guess is that it shakes out as either Terrance Cody or Dan Williams at #18, then the best available ILB (Spikes or Rucker), then Safety like Kurt Coleman in the 3rd.

The funniest thing is....

How often have we been right even in the POSITIONS taken in the first and second round :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
01-05-2010, 04:18 AM
Yeah, I think there is gonna be a lot of uncertainty in the OT's draft order after Okung. Personally, I think Williams is #2, then some may have Campbell#3, but scared of his injury past, then some think Davis is too heavy, Charles Brown is too light and Fox not talented enough.

Any way, I think we find a good player at #18, whether its ILB, NT, OT or DB.

i think people are making campbells injuries out to be more than they really were. he had turf toe which only had him out 2 games, and an MCL injury which didn't require surgery...:noidea: after the combine don't be suprised to see him mocked in the top 5..

Nonetheless, Campbell still retains the physical tools that could make him an appealing pro candidate. He bench-pressed 490 pounds over the summer, and one of the preseason's more memorable moments came when he picked up a fumble and nearly ran for a score while dragging several defenders.

Dwight Galt, Maryland's director of strength and conditioning, said in the preseason he'd never seen an offensive lineman built like Campbell --- who Galt called "a big Vernon" in reference to former Maryland tight end Vernon Davis, another impressive athlete who was a top-10 selection in 2006.

Bruce Campbell, Maryland, OT: The Terps have been good for a few workout warriors, and the 6-6, 306-pound Campbell is a supersized version. Maryland strength coach Dwight Galt calls him "one of a kind." Campbell certainly has the bloodlines. His father, Bruce, starred for the Providence College hoops team in the '70s before he was drafted by the Nets.

Earlier this month, Campbell bench-pressed 490 pounds, which is impressive, especially considering the length of his arms. He also ran a 4.82 40. "Bruce looks like a Greek God," Galt says. "He almost looks like a bodybuilder. He's the offensive line version of Vernon Davis."

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-05-2010, 11:45 AM
The funniest thing is....

How often have we been right even in the POSITIONS taken in the first and second round :chuckle:

I don't know.....there are a few posters here that had D-line, O-line, CB, WR as top needs last year.

Personally I was hoping for OT, DE, OG, CB as per my post here last march. :

My wish is Beatty in round 1, then Gilbert or Moala in round 2 and Urbik, Vasquez, Canfield or Caldwell in the 3rd and hopefully a compensatory Keenan Lewis with pick 3B..............but that will never happen

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-05-2010, 11:48 AM
i think people are making campbells injuries out to be more than they really were. he had turf toe which only had him out 2 games, and an MCL injury which didn't require surgery...:noidea: after the combine don't be suprised to see him mocked in the top 5..

Yeah, the MCL is the only one of note. I would not be surprised to see him as the #2 prospect behind Okung....to the #5 prospect behind Okung, Davis, Williams and maybe Fox.

Campbell will be rising up boards now that he has declared for the draft.

Dino 6 Rings
01-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Teebow!!!!

LMAO!

ricksteelers55
01-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Terrence Cody, anyone?

You damn right Cody is a Steeler in the making

Nadroj 20
01-05-2010, 08:34 PM

I agree Tebow is a great player and i liked him in college, but we have other needs IMO we should fill and tebow is a first rounder more then likely, I dont wanna take him and miss out on something else we really need like DT or CB os something like that.

IMO Tebow stays in Florida and gets selected by Jacksonville.

xbroughneck
01-09-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm crazy, I know, but why not just sign Ryan Clark for 3 more years, draft Taylor Mays and have Taylor mature behind Troy. I know. That's the equivalent of having two SS playing the safety spots.

So what?

Troy and Taylor in two years would still be a hell of a lot better than Ryan and Tyrone were this year.

And we all know that if Troy goes down there is a MAJOR drop off in free safety talent. Have Taylor Mays as backup to both Troy and Ryan would be ideal.

Keenan Lewis can be the starting corner opposite Ike, and William Gay is good enough to be a nickel corner.

I'd move up to get Mays.

PalmerSteel
01-09-2010, 08:01 PM
there is no way in hell we are taking a skill position player for our first pick this year, NO MATTER WHO IS AVAILABLE. they have taken too many of those in the past decade. definately an O or D lineman or secondary.

SH-Rock
01-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Steelers should go for Reshad Jones or Eric Berry