PDA

View Full Version : Stuff to fix this off-season

Gnutella
01-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Here is how I'd fix the Steelers this off-season...

1. Reduce Bruce Arians' influence on the offense. If you're not going to fire him, then at least reduce his role. Either demote him to a position coach, or let Ben Roethlisberger call the plays. In other words, make Arians the Tom Moore to Roethlisberger's Peyton Manning.

2. Continue to get younger on defense. James Farrior and DeShea Townsend have become liabilities, and Aaron Smith may now be an injury liability. Lawrence Timmons, LaMarr Woodley and Ziggy Hood are a good start, but we still need more. The only thirtysomething defensive starter who's worth an extra contract at the moment is Casey Hampton.

3. Overhaul the entire special teams. Daniel Sepulveda and Stefan Logan should be the only special teamers with any degree of job security. The rest of them have to earn their places, including Jeff Reed.

4. Let Kevin Butler know that he'll be promoted once Dick LeBeau retires. If Bill Cowher reenters the league, I do not want to lose Butler to whichever team Cowher ends up with. If the front office is as high on Butler as it seems, then this measure is necessary for the sake of team continuity.

Positions to draft for: C, CB, FS, ILB, NT.

ljk2442
01-04-2010, 01:54 PM
"4. Let Kevin Butler know that he'll be promoted once Dick LeBeau retires"

YES! totally Agree... I think its time Dicky B turns over the reigns... i love Lebeau. Respect him 100%... but we have lost so many great Coordinators and Coaches over the years... Butler would be a great DC