PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss back in Minnesota?

Ruck Fules
01-31-2006, 12:34 AM
Wouldn't it be cool to see Randy Moss in a Vikings uni again. Vikes would be unstoppable.

Culpepper 2 Moss one more time!!!!!!!

Steel - X
01-31-2006, 07:17 AM
HUH?

83-Steelers-43
01-31-2006, 07:27 AM
I would love to have Randy Moss. Two seasons ago I would have said "hell no". But since he went to Oakland he has kept his mouth shut and has been cool and calm considering he doesn't have a QB to throw him the ball and the majority of the season it seemed he was left out of the Raiders offensive play book. Even when he scored a TD, he put the ball on the ground and went to the sidelines and that was it.

I'm normally not the type of fan to go out and take a gamble on a guy with past problems on and off the field. Some may call me crazy, but it seems he changed his style around.

syde18T
01-31-2006, 01:20 PM
No doubt, and I think Moss has tried to put himself towards the path of a leadership role by being a motivator for his teammates. I heard him on Dan Patrick just last week, and he's still a ****y little bastard, but he has grown more in my eyes.

Koopa
01-31-2006, 01:24 PM
Wouldn't it be cool to see Randy Moss in a Vikings uni again. Vikes would be unstoppable.

Culpepper 2 Moss one more time!!!!!!!

hey you have my old avy........and moss won't be back in a vikings uni

Ruck Fules
01-31-2006, 03:32 PM
hey you have my old avy........and moss won't be back in a vikings uni

lol sorry I didn't know, I was using it on another forum.

And why no Moss in Minny?

83-Steelers-43
01-31-2006, 03:44 PM

1) Because he's only been with Oakland for one season. He's a Raider and he seems content in Oakland.

2) The team cut ties with Moss. They couldn't put up with him anymore. Do you honestly see that team taking a second gamble on Moss after his past history in Minny? I don't think so.

Go_Cats
01-31-2006, 03:45 PM
I would love to have Randy Moss. Two seasons ago I would have said "hell no". But since he went to Oakland he has kept his mouth shut and has been cool and calm considering he doesn't have a QB to throw him the ball and the majority of the season it seemed he was left out of the Raiders offensive play book. Even when he scored a TD, he put the ball on the ground and went to the sidelines and that was it.

I'm normally not the type of fan to go out and take a gamble on a guy with past problems on and off the field. Some may call me crazy, but it seems he changed his style around.

Thats because he was injured the entire year and played hurt to be used as a decoy

83-Steelers-43
01-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Thats because he was injured the entire year and played hurt to be used as a decoy

So are you saying the reason why he didn't call out his coach or fellow players was because he was hurt and used as a decoy?

Ruck Fules
01-31-2006, 04:00 PM
1) Because he's only been with Oakland for one season. He's a Raider and he seems content in Oakland.

2) The team cut ties with Moss. They couldn't put up with him anymore. Do you honestly see that team taking a second gamble on Moss after his past history in Minny? I don't think so.

Yeah but that was Red McCombs, the Vikings have a new owner now. It's obvious that Culpepper and Moss need each other.

syde18T
01-31-2006, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't really plan on Culpepper staying with Minnesota, because his torn ligaments from this season is a big concern to that franchise.

Ruck Fules
01-31-2006, 04:19 PM
I wouldn't really plan on Culpepper staying with Minnesota, because his torn ligaments from this season is a big concern to that franchise.

The Vikings would be stupid to let big Daunte go.

syde18T
01-31-2006, 04:26 PM
The Vikings would be stupid to let big Daunte go.

While Daunte is highly talented, he tore three ligaments in the game at Carolina. Remember that a lot of his playing is known for his ability to scramble and gain some good yards with his legs. Also, Daunte hasn't really proven anything during the "post-Randy Moss- era." It's not like he was very productive before the injury this season. Then you also throw the boat party scandal into the mix, where he was one of the players charged. When the guy who is supposed to be the leader of this team gets into off field antics like that, it could cause trouble for the franchise and make owners weary about giving contract extensions and such.

Koopa
01-31-2006, 05:48 PM
lol sorry I didn't know, I was using it on another forum.

i didn't mean for you to change your avy, i love seeing that beautiful ring, it was a compliment to your good taste in basketball teams lol

and the reason i think he burned most of his bridges in minny, and it'll be more likely for culpepper to go to the raiders and reunite with him there. which i think would be good for culpepper because IMO he isn't cracked up to what ppl say he is, he is nothing without moss and probably vise versa so i think it would be tight if culpepper went to oakland and hooked up with him over there

Ruck Fules
01-31-2006, 07:33 PM
While Daunte is highly talented, he tore three ligaments in the game at Carolina. Remember that a lot of his playing is known for his ability to scramble and gain some good yards with his legs. Also, Daunte hasn't really proven anything during the "post-Randy Moss- era." It's not like he was very productive before the injury this season. Then you also throw the boat party scandal into the mix, where he was one of the players charged. When the guy who is supposed to be the leader of this team gets into off field antics like that, it could cause trouble for the franchise and make owners weary about giving contract extensions and such.

Forget the sex boat scandal, he was charged but that doesn't mean he did anything. Daunte can still play man, it's not like Moss had a great season without Culpepper. Both guys need each other, together they can be very scary.

i didn't mean for you to change your avy, i love seeing that beautiful ring, it was a compliment to your good taste in basketball teams lol

and the reason i think he burned most of his bridges in minny, and it'll be more likely for culpepper to go to the raiders and reunite with him there. which i think would be good for culpepper because IMO he isn't cracked up to what ppl say he is, he is nothing without moss and probably vise versa so i think it would be tight if culpepper went to oakland and hooked up with him over there

Aren't you going to compliment my good taste in Football teams too? :blurp:

Go Cowboys! :busted:

Daunte to Oakland? Sounds good but I think the Vikings are closer to being a Super Bowl team than the Raiders so I don't think Daunte would like to go there. Sure the Vikings sucked this year but they started showing good signs towards the end especially on defense where they have struggled, I see a bright future for Minnesota.

boLT fan
01-31-2006, 07:36 PM
Showing good signs with Brad Johnson as their starting QB.

Koopa
01-31-2006, 07:37 PM
Aren't you going to compliment my good taste in Football teams too? :blurp:

Go Cowboys! :busted:

Daunte to Oakland? Sounds good but I think the Vikings are closer to being a Super Bowl team than the Raiders so I don't think Daunte would like to go there. Sure the Vikings sucked this year but they started showing good signs towards the end especially on defense where they have struggled, I see a bright future for Minnesota.

lol, no that star is making me sick

here we go steelers, here we go :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

well actually the vikings started showing good signs as soon as culpepper blew out his knee. they went on that winning streak and were pretty much in playoff contention until the met the black and gold. but it's unlikly we'll ever see culpepper and moss together unless they are free agents at the same time and sign to the same team

Ruck Fules
01-31-2006, 07:45 PM
Showing good signs with Brad Johnson as their starting QB.

He had nothing to do with it, when Culpepper went down the defense started playing a lot better. It was just a coincidence and nothing more. Brad had nothing to do with it.

lol, no that star is making me sick

here we go steelers, here we go :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

well actually the vikings started showing good signs as soon as culpepper blew out his knee. they went on that winning streak and were pretty much in playoff contention until the met the black and gold. but it's unlikly we'll ever see culpepper and moss together unless they are free agents at the same time and sign to the same team

Booooooooo! Go Seahawks! :blurp:

lol I knew you were going to bring up that Steelers game vs. Minny. And you can't say that the Vikings started winning because Daunte went down.

boLT fan
01-31-2006, 07:54 PM
lol I knew you were going to bring up that Steelers game vs. Minny. And you can't say that the Vikings started winning because Daunte went down.

Not to take anything away from Dante but,actually, I think you could attribute their good playing to him going down. Dante going down was a bitch slap of reality for the Vikings I think. After all the contreversy and expectations of the team I think this finally set them straight.

Ruck Fules
01-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Not to take anything away from Dante but,actually, I think you could attribute their good playing to him going down. Dante going down was a bitch slap of reality for the Vikings I think. After all the contreversy and expectations of the team I think this finally set them straight.

If they would've played like that since the start then those 15 INT's that Daunte threw in the 7 games he played would have been TD's. I think Daunte was just trying to do too much like Favre was in Green Bay.

83-Steelers-43
01-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Yeah but that was Red McCombs, the Vikings have a new owner now. It's obvious that Culpepper and Moss need each other.

If Culpepper and Moss "need" each other why didn't it work the first time? You don't think the Vikings FO have a "been there, done that" type of attitude towards Randy Moss? Even more importantly do you think Randy Moss wants to go back to Minny? I don't see it happening.

syde18T
01-31-2006, 11:56 PM
Forget the sex boat scandal, he was charged but that doesn't mean he did anything. Daunte can still play man, it's not like Moss had a great season without Culpepper. Both guys need each other, together they can be very scary.

It doesn't matter whether he really did anything on that boat or not. It's the fact that he got charged, and the entire world knows about it. That's bad PR for the Vikings franchise and something owners really show concern for. He still has the great arm, but whether or not he can move like he used to is still yet to come, pending his rehab process. It sucks but you have to look at it from a business standpoint, since that is what this is before anything. Resigning Daunte right now may be considered a risk for the owners....

I do miss the Culpepper/Moss dynamic duo, as I really used to follow the Vikings a lot. They presented a pass threat that was a force to be reckon with....

Tha rock
02-01-2006, 04:18 AM
Look man moss is a raider once a raider always a raider we take pride in that!!

Tha rock
02-01-2006, 04:24 AM
there has also been talk of culpepper wantig or bieng traded to oakland!

syde18T
02-01-2006, 10:29 AM
I'd want him over Collins. Kerry Collins is just not getting it done anymore....