PDA

View Full Version : Bills Fire ENTIRE Coaching Staff

Angus Burgher
01-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Guess beating the Colts didn't help their credibility.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4794978

Reports: Bills fire entire staff

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills have fired interim coach Perry Fewell and the rest of his staff, according to multiple reports. Fewell will still interview for the vacant coaching job.

The decisions came a day after the Bills beat Indianapolis 30-7 to end their season at 6-10.

AFC East blog
ESPN.com's Tim Graham writes about all things AFC East in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

The Bills are in the midst of a major shakeup. Coach Dick Jauron was fired in November. Last week, national scout Buddy Nix was promoted to general manager.

FoxSports.com first reported the firings.

The Bills closed their 50th season by missing the playoffs for a 10th straight year, and capping a decade in which they enjoyed only one winning season -- a 9-7 finish in 2004.

Fewell, the team's defensive coordinator, finished with a 3-4 record as interim head coach.

Except for highly respected special teams coordinator Bobby April, most of the Bills assistants, including Fewell, had been hired by Jauron.

The timing of the changes comes as the Bills embark on their fifth coaching search since Hall of Famer Marv Levy retired after the 1997 season.

Former Steelers coach Bill Cowher has been mentioned as a candidate. Several media outlets, including ESPN and The Buffalo News, have reported the Bills have spoken to Cowher.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Dino 6 Rings
01-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Well that's interesting, Cowher with the Bills? would hate to see him in the AFC again...if anyone could turn the Bills around...on second thought...no one can help the Bills...

The Smoking Man from X Files has sworn that the Bills will never win the Super Bowl...sucks to be the Bills.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
01-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Well that's interesting, Cowher with the Bills? would hate to see him in the AFC again...if anyone could turn the Bills around...on second thought...no one can help the Bills...

The Smoking Man from X Files has sworn that the Bills will never win the Super Bowl...sucks to be the Bills.

had to look that up. :)

Smoking Man: "What I don't want to see is the Bills winning the Super Bowl. As long as I'm alive that doesn't happen."
Third Man In Black: "Could be tough, sir. Buffalo wants it bad."
Smoking Man: "So did the Soviets in 80."
Third Man In Black: "What? You saying you rigged the Olympic hockey game?"
Smoking Man: "What's the matter? Don't you believe in miracles?"
Fourth Man In Black: "The boss gave the Russian goal tender a little pre-game good luck pat on the back. Unseen novacaine needle on a bogus wedding ring. Goalie's a little slow on the stick side, 4-3 home team."
Smoking Man: "Payback's a bitch, Ivan. Well, gentlemen, if that'll be all?"
Fifth Man In Black: "One thing internally, sir. That spooky kid, who talked his way into opening the X-Files. Feels like trouble."
Smoking Man: "He's mine to keep an eye on."

I wonder what he did to ensure Norwood missed the kick?

Angus Burgher
01-04-2010, 03:00 PM
LOL, did you guys ever see Buffalo '66?

Psyychoward86
01-04-2010, 04:37 PM
i got a good chuckle. And then i heard the words Bill Cowher to the Bills and stopped.

redst3
01-05-2010, 06:53 AM
LOL, did you guys ever see Buffalo '66?

:applaudit: Good flick. I have to laugh at myself a bit since i collect Steelers games on DVD.

I think Cowher can turn things around in Buffalo.