PDA

View Full Version : My Final thoughts for 2009 Season

moedap
01-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Troy P and Aaron Smith injuries bigger impact than I thought they would be.

New offensive philosophy more to do with Big Ben than Arians.

Tampa Bay Cover 2 makes a lot more sense in light of the new offensive direction team has clearly taken.

With that said true cover corners will need to be developed/drafted/traded.

Fast Willie deserved better treatment/more touches especially considering his arrival along with Ben produced 2 SB's.

Hated all the posing and posturing from the young guys (defense and offense).

Farrior IS getting a step slower.

Timmons needs to remember the basics of tackling.

Mendenhall was/is the better running back on the team. Just needs to use that spin move a little less often IMHO.

Big Ben is becoming a better reader.

I really, really, really hate the Patriots. Dont care who wins the SB as long as its not them(or the Cowboys).

Will be one of my most memorable and joyous seasons because I attended my first Steelers game in Pittsburgh and had a muthafunking ball.

Go Steelers!!!!!!! :tt03:

Glace
01-04-2010, 03:57 PM

Tampa Bay Cover 2 makes a lot more sense in light of the new offensive direction team has clearly taken.

Fast Willie deserved better treatment/more touches especially considering his arrival along with Ben produced 2 SB's.

Mendenhall was/is the better running back on the team. Just needs to use that spin move a little less often IMHO.

I really, really, really hate the Patriots. Dont care who wins the SB as long as its not them(or the Cowboys).

Will be one of my most memorable and joyous seasons because I attended my first Steelers game in Pittsburgh and had a muthafunking ball.

So you admit Mendy was the better runner....but Parker deserved more because of what he's done in the past?

Parker did more in the last 2 games than he looked like he was capable of all season.

My guess, he's going for the paycheck next year. That's the way he played.

Don't get a serious injury....then look like a stud at the end of the year.

Steelers>NFL
01-04-2010, 04:33 PM

Not sure yet. Beside the long ball, I think this is his worst part of his game.

wootawnee
01-04-2010, 04:37 PM
WIllie Just got healthier toward the end of the season.........You can play unhealthy at his position like you can at just about any other position.......

I think that Mr. Timmons is a way better outsidelinebacker/passdefender than a run stuffer.......

Aaron Smith is my first choice over any other 3-4 d end in the league....

We had some new guys step up.......

William Gay cannot cover a ant ...........When inserted in the forth quarter sunday he looked lost and imcompetent.......The dude needs to find his confidence if he wants to start in the NFL..........The only thing I can think of how he starts is he knows how to play Mike Tomlin.....Cause he can't play Steeler football......

Deshea still can play even if he got burnt once sunday.......The guy is confident and comfortable back there.....He's a leader ,and everyone plays more confident(esp R CLark) when he is around......

Mendy looked like an elete runner the last couple of games........He is what 22?.....Good season brother....Keep training..

Mike Wallace had a great rookie season........Keep it up and you will be whoever you want......

Heath can handle a bigger load.......(more Receptions)

Mike Tomlin , You need to tone down your interveiws a little bit......You sometimes try to hard to be profound, and baisically ,when you do sometimes we see right through your act.........We love you though, just don't go all hollywood on us, and keep an open mind and learn with everything you do........I like what you said in the lockerroom to the boys about likin the way we ae laying in our beds.....But just say it once.....Do say it agin to the media, it gets played.......That stuff is for the boys in the lockerrom and lets keep that there.......

Our o relly looked like the best in the league the last 2 games to me.......Keep it going next season.....

We need youth on the defense.........Saying goodbye is the hardest thing to do but we all have to leave the game at some point...........Makes me wanna cry.....

It is funny how one game or one play can mean so much......

Enjoy the playoffs on the couch for a year fellas....Some times we all need it to stoke our fires.......

See next season