PDA

View Full Version : Pat White out of hospital

stillers4me
01-04-2010, 04:34 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_660629.html

Dolphins' QB White out of hospital
By The Associated Press

Monday, January 4, 2010

DAVIE, Fla. — Miami Dolphins rookie quarterback Pat White was out of the hospital and back at the team's training complex today after a scary helmet-to-helmet collision briefly left him motionless.

White left the field strapped down on a cart Sunday after suffering a head injury when he was tackled by Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor. White was released from the hospital after undergoing tests and drove to the Dolphins' complex for a final team meeting before the offseason begins.

"I told him he scared us, man," receiver Greg Camarillo said. "We were all worried about him. You never want to see a guy go down like that. I'm just glad to see he's fine."

White was injured after he replaced starting quarterback Chad Henne, who was sidelined by blurred vision. Henne said he talked to White by phone Sunday night to make sure his teammate wasn't serious hurt.

"To have him back here healthy and knowing there wasn't anything wrong was wonderful," Henne said.

Henne said his vision had improved Monday. He was examined by an eye doctor who attributed the problem to a bruise near the left eye.

The Dolphins lost to Pittsburgh 30-24 and both teams failed to make the playoffs.
Glad he's going to be ok.
Salute! :tt02:

TackleMeBen
01-04-2010, 04:44 PM
yes, that hit looked alot worse than what it was evidently. i am glad to see white out of the hospital and back with his team. good luck to him and the dolphins next season.

Psyychoward86
01-04-2010, 05:38 PM
not sure why they drafted u Pat when they had Chad Pennington, henne, and thigpen, but obviously they saw something special in you. Glad he's ok :applaudit:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Good for White, but honestly.....that is gonna happen more often if the kid's job is to run the football in the wildcat.

They list White as something like 190lbs, but I think that is WITH the equipment on.

KeiselPower99
01-05-2010, 12:30 AM
not sure why they drafted u Pat when they had Chad Pennington, henne, and thigpen, but obviously they saw something special in you. Glad he's ok :applaudit:

They acquired Tyler Thigpen after Pennington was hurt in week 3.

Preacher
01-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Good for White, but honestly.....that is gonna happen more often if the kid's job is to run the football in the wildcat.

They list White as something like 190lbs, but I think that is WITH the equipment on.

:chuckle: Very true. Tell you one thing. For a kid at that weight, to go head first, and DROP his head for a hit.... That is a nice aggressive player to have on your team!

devilsdancefloor
01-05-2010, 12:39 AM

and lead shoes maybe. He looked extremely small yesterday almost fragile small. he better start liking to playing WR. glad he is ok:tt04:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-05-2010, 02:09 AM
:chuckle: Very true. Tell you one thing. For a kid at that weight, to go head first, and DROP his head for a hit.... That is a nice aggressive player to have on your team!

Preacher, he pretty much had no choice. Its like a hockey defenseman challenging for a loose puck and not leaning into the opposing player.........its part of the game and if you dont want to meet the contact, then NFL stands for Not For Long.

steel striker
01-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Gald he is okay that was some hit and, good luck next season.