PDA

View Full Version : Bill Cowher?

lionslicer
01-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Cowher hasn't been making too much sense lately, he says he wants to coach, then he says he doesn't. He already met with the Bills owner and staff. Cowboys are interested in him. He's interested in Carolina.
Opinions? Will be coach again? :coffee:

MACH1
01-05-2010, 12:15 AM
NFL network (Adam Sheifter)sp said it's unlikely Cohwer will be back in 2010. :noidea:

tony hipchest
01-05-2010, 01:00 AM
pat kirwan says, in his personal opinion, he will not be suprised if cowher returns to television.

pat kirwan also says he (himself personally) will not return to football as a GM or in any capacity unless one of his few "good" friends lands a HC job and asks him.

kirwan and cowher are "good friends".

despite what used car salemen may say, there has been no greater of an inside source to the cowher situation, than reading in between the lines of the little bits of chum pat is willing to toss out in the past 3 years.

they hang out every weekend. they have developed a close personal and professional bond.

and even though they are not husband and wife, i am willing to bet that cowher will not even return this season based on what i have heard.

(washington and buffalo already have a gm. tampa bay is reportedly committing to raheem for another year.)

bears are tight and not gonna give up total control, and alot of their defensive problems can be solved with a healthy urlacher.

where else does that leave bill? believe it or not, he is enjoying life right about now.

lionslicer
01-05-2010, 01:59 AM
The whole situation is confusing. I think Cowher is bipolar, one minute he's saying he wants to coach, then the next minute he says he wants to wait till next year, and another minute he says he never wants to coach ever again.

Preacher
01-05-2010, 02:22 AM
I don't know... but I haven't read at all where BILL COWHER ever really says he is going to actually return to coaching.

I DO remember him saying, that he is going to retire. Watch his girl play basketball, and take some time for the family.

Now, he has a nice job in a studio where he gets to talk all about the game he loves. I doubt Kay is all about him coaching again.

I could see him returning to coaching, but that may also depend on his daugher

His youngest daughter should be a senior this year in high school (according to a 2007 article here (http://www.wpxi.com/sports/10946416/detail.html)

If she goes to college and plays sports, ESPECIALLY within a few hours of home, I think he takes off at least another 4 years.

lionslicer
01-05-2010, 07:11 AM
I don't know... but I haven't read at all where BILL COWHER ever really says he is going to actually return to coaching.

I DO remember him saying, that he is going to retire. Watch his girl play basketball, and take some time for the family.

Now, he has a nice job in a studio where he gets to talk all about the game he loves. I doubt Kay is all about him coaching again.

I could see him returning to coaching, but that may also depend on his daugher

His youngest daughter should be a senior this year in high school (according to a 2007 article here (http://www.wpxi.com/sports/10946416/detail.html)

If she goes to college and plays sports, ESPECIALLY within a few hours of home, I think he takes off at least another 4 years.

He said he'd only consider coaching again if it was a team near home. During the season he said he'd consider Carolina, Texans, Bucs and Jags(I think it was the Jags). But the Bills have beeing trying to persuay him to coach all the way up north away from his family. I don't think they will fork over enough money to do so unless his daughter decides to go to college in Buffalo.

4xSBChamps
01-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Cowher hasn't been making too much sense lately, he says he wants to coach, then he says he doesn't.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/FavrePressConference.jpg

revefsreleets
01-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Errr....shouldn't we at least let the other Bill Cowher still on the front page of this forum drop off before we start another thread discussing all the exact same things?

BlastFurnace
01-05-2010, 09:24 AM
I think Carolina's late season winning streak....and Carolina's decision to keep Fox... may have changed the plans of Cowher.

HometownGal
01-05-2010, 09:34 AM
I specifically heard last night on KDKA's 11 o'clock newscast that Bill Cowher WILL be returning to the booth in 2010. Don't have a link, but just passing on what was said.

lionslicer
01-05-2010, 10:16 AM
I specifically heard last night on KDKA's 11 o'clock newscast that Bill Cowher WILL be returning to the booth in 2010. Don't have a link, but just passing on what was said.

Well now that that's settled :P
I just read he really doesn't want the Bills job, and since the 4 teams he was considering on coaching have kept their coaching staffs, I guess it's pretty clear he'll be off the field in 2010... unless he pulls a Brett Favre...

4xSBChamps
01-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Well now that that's settled :P

... unless he pulls a Brett Favre...

b9enj55iSwk

Vincent
01-06-2010, 06:26 AM
pat kirwan says, in his personal opinion, he will not be suprised if cowher returns to television.

pat kirwan also says he (himself personally) will not return to football as a GM or in any capacity unless one of his few "good" friends lands a HC job and asks him.

kirwan and cowher are "good friends".

despite what used car salemen may say, there has been no greater of an inside source to the cowher situation, than reading in between the lines of the little bits of chum pat is willing to toss out in the past 3 years.

they hang out every weekend. they have developed a close personal and professional bond.

and even though they are not husband and wife, i am willing to bet that cowher will not even return this season based on what i have heard.

(washington and buffalo already have a gm. tampa bay is reportedly committing to raheem for another year.)

bears are tight and not gonna give up total control, and alot of their defensive problems can be solved with a healthy urlacher.

where else does that leave bill? believe it or not, he is enjoying life right about now.

Does Kay know about "these two"?

SteelerNation12
01-06-2010, 01:55 PM
I don't think they job he wanted is open and that is the Panthers job. Why would you wanna coach the Bills or Bucs?