PDA

View Full Version : Official Steelers Media Day Thread

Prosdo
01-31-2006, 09:13 AM
Hey everyone. Post up all your media day stuff up here.

Rotorhead
01-31-2006, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I dont get to watch it so post it up!!

syde18T
01-31-2006, 02:06 PM
Anyone hear Polamalu's comments? He believes that Super Bowls should be played at cold weather locations. Gotta love the guy LOL

Justin Otstott
01-31-2006, 03:25 PM
yea i seen Pola's comments, he looked kinda nervious to me lol. LOL at Porter is it me or does he look like 50 Cent? Anyways I had fun watchin the team talk and seeing them in their SB jersey's!

clevestinks
01-31-2006, 03:41 PM
hasselback was begging for fans!

clevestinks
01-31-2006, 04:10 PM
Press conferences started, Bens first.

Talking about Porter is the vocal leader, he talks a big game, and he backs it up!

Also he loves Jerome, and is so glad to help him get to the SuperBowl!

clevestinks
01-31-2006, 04:12 PM
Ben said " He is happy to be this close to home himself" And the Steelers aren`t into the favored, and underdogs stuff. Its just to great teams playing each other!

clevestinks
01-31-2006, 04:15 PM
Next up Jerome Bettis!

Bettis is at the 1 yard line, this is where he is accustomed to getting the ball also. Fitting!

clevestinks
01-31-2006, 04:19 PM
Bettis in his SuperBowl XL jersey looks sweet!

Bettis talked as usual about being home, and this being the biggest thing of his career!

clevestinks
01-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Haggans! SAid "Keep on keeping on" From Joe Dirt is his motto!

And he is thrilled about being on THE FIELD!

clevestinks
01-31-2006, 04:29 PM
Cowher up now!

Talking family, and how the family takes it all in stride! All three daughters have basketball games this weekend, and all will get to Detroit Sunday!

Everyone is going to the Bettis`s for dinner, Jeromes mother is cooking! My question is , How big is the house?

Cowher seems poised and ready to go!

clevestinks
01-31-2006, 04:33 PM
Hines Ward up!

Hines" I don`t get consider myself one of the best" " I do consider myself fortunate"

Hines " I took El under my wing and taught him about the pro game"

Hines " I know as much as some O coordinators, since I`m able to play different positions"

Hines also looks great in a Super Bowl Jersey

Prosdo
01-31-2006, 04:39 PM
Those jerseys look great!

clevestinks
01-31-2006, 04:41 PM
Troy Polamula,

Thanked shampoo people, for more free shampoo! Didn`t say much but he never does. He is just a good good guy!

Woodson is comparing himself to Troy! Not sure I agree! Woodson was great! Troy is great! just different!

Like Ben! Troy is saying! "Porter talks, but he also walks"!

Troy " I`ve never played in a game of this magnitude" " But I approach every game the same"
"

Its a blessing to have this platform to talk about his faith!"

Man talk about a soft spoken guy! And he is true!

clevestinks
01-31-2006, 04:54 PM
Joey Porter was very gracious! I know everyone was waiting for Joey to give up bulletin board material! But nothing he was actually funny, spaeking of his Cowher impressions. But he wouldn`t do it

shevdog
01-31-2006, 07:14 PM
T.O.'s simulated interview during media day...

Press: So T.O., why are you not here playing in Super Bowl XL?

T.O.: Next Question.

Press: T.O., is it true your kissing T.D.'s butt as well as Shanahan's? You need any lip balm?

T.O.: Next Question.

I'm so gald this isn't the all PA Super Bowl this year. Even though T.O. is toast, imagine the trash that would be flinging arounf this week.

shevdog
01-31-2006, 07:16 PM
Troy Polamula,

Thanked shampoo people, for more free shampoo! Didn`t say much but he never does. He is just a good good guy!

Woodson is comparing himself to Troy! Not sure I agree! Woodson was great! Troy is great! just different!

Like Ben! Troy is saying! "Porter talks, but he also walks"!

Troy " I`ve never played in a game of this magnitude" " But I approach every game the same"
"

Its a blessing to have this platform to talk about his faith!"

Man talk about a soft spoken guy! And he is true!

I agree, they are both outstanding in the secondary, yet both very different. One thing is for sure they are both big favorites of mine and a lot of people.

tony hipchest
01-31-2006, 07:17 PM
what a letdown. clevestinks had better coverage than espn did. thanks cleve!

what good is media day if the media barely covers it. joey porter mustve pissed off alot of people not running any smack.

football loser
01-31-2006, 11:35 PM
The one commonality I noticed from all the players who were interviewed was an underlying sense of sarcasm at having to take part in the circus show.

Troy- right before fielding a journalist and waiting for her question, '"This ought to be good..."

Ben- "This is the best part of being in the superbowl." referring to answering media questions.

Jerome- "I am only a situational player. I am glad to take the spot light/ distractions off of the rest of the team so that they can focus on football."

It seems like the team is focused on footblall and not letting the media stroke their egos too much.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Overall I think we handled ourseleves nicely today.. talking about the team, being focused, jerome, cowher, etc.

Everybody did great today and you could see Jerome was just loving it.