PDA

View Full Version : QB Coach Retiring

TackleMeBen
01-05-2010, 12:17 PM
just heard Tomlin said Coach Anderson is retiring. so who is going to replace him now?

steelax04
01-05-2010, 12:19 PM
http://steelers.com/article/116731/

CargoJon
01-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Charlie Batch

MACH1
01-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Arians. :flap:

Glace
01-05-2010, 12:26 PM
I kinda wondered if there was some hidden motivation behind the whole 'stache movement....and Big Ben saying he was honoring Anderson....

Though admittedly retirement didn't cross my mind.

TackleMeBen
01-05-2010, 12:30 PM
evidently coach tomlin and coach anderson had this discussion during the season and anderson just made it official after they were knocked out of playoff contention.

TackleMeBen
01-05-2010, 12:31 PM
we all might as well get use to that not happening. :wink02:

madtowndrunkard
01-05-2010, 12:37 PM
I think this could be another sign that Arians may be shown the door....one can only hope.

HometownGal
01-05-2010, 12:38 PM
we all might as well get use to that not happening. :wink02:

If it does, it does but I don't see that happening and that's okay by me. Sorry, but you Arians haters are most likely going to be wery, wery disappointed. :wink:

Charlie Batch will most likely be Kenny's replacement and I'm sure will do a good job. :thumbsup:

THANK YOU KENNY - I hated you as a Bungle as you gave us fits behind center but I loved you in the B & G! Much luck to you. :drink::hatsoff:

TackleMeBen
01-05-2010, 12:46 PM
If it does, it does but I don't see that happening and that's okay by me. Sorry, but you Arians haters are most likely going to be wery, wery disappointed. :wink:

Charlie Batch will most likely be Kenny's replacement and I'm sure will do a good job. :thumbsup:

THANK YOU KENNY - I hated you as a Bungle as you gave us fits behind center but I loved you in the B & G! Much luck to you. :drink::hatsoff:
i am not really a arians hater. i just hate some of his play calling.. hopefully he realizes what was bad and changes it. i dont care if mickey mouse is the OC as long as they are making good calls and making adjustments when things dont work.

i could see Charlie Batch taking over for Anderson.

revefsreleets
01-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Didn't the braintrust have Anderson replacing Arians?

That's gonna be a little tough now...

Thanks, Kenny, though...I thought ALL Bengals were worthless pieces of jet trash, and you proved the exception.

HometownGal
01-05-2010, 12:48 PM
i dont care if mickey mouse is the OC as long as they are making good calls and making adjustments when things dont work.

i could see Charlie Batch taking over for Anderson.

The same could be said of our DC. :wink: Ruh roh - I blasphemed. :couch: :laughing:

vrabinec
01-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Charlie Batch

Batch's mechanics aren't the best. I'd rather have a Jim Zorn type...

TackleMeBen
01-05-2010, 12:50 PM
The same could be said of our DC. :wink: Ruh roh - I blasphemed. :couch: :laughing:
you are right. that should apply for all the coaches on this team.. if something isnt working... find something that is...

are you sure the couch will protect you from all the DC lovers that dont like you talking about their man????lol:chuckle:

LukesDad88
01-05-2010, 12:57 PM
I find it fairly amusing that everybody always assumes that one of the grizzled veterans will wind up becoming the new position coach. Jerome Bettis as our next RB coach, Batch as our next QB coach, etc... Especially when there are a number of experienced, successful, and available position coaches out there.

Who says Batch wants to be a coach? For that matter, what if he wants to play another year or so? Even if he does want to coach, it might be best for him to get his coaching chops elsewhere at first. How likely would it be for a premier QB to take instruction from the guy that was his backup? Look at the practical applications. I've got a guy that works for me. He's a hard worker and does decent work. Not great, but decent. Now if my boss came and said that they are going to place him in a position to train me, I would think they were nuts.

KeiselPower99
01-05-2010, 01:33 PM
I want Lorenzo Neal as our FB coach. Show Summers and Davis how the job is done. Oh sorry wrong thread.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-05-2010, 01:38 PM
I want Lorenzo Neal as our FB coach. Show Summers and Davis how the job is done. Oh sorry wrong thread.

The modern day Steelers do not use a FB.

I never really got much of what impact that Ken Anderson had for our QB's. Anderson was a great QB in a west coast offense that possessed excellent footwork, timing, accuracy and play action faking. I never saw that transfer to Ben and it seemed that Mark Whipple had more influence.

Best wishes to Kenny on his retirement.

BlastFurnace
01-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Atleast he got his ring as a Steeler

CantStop85
01-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Atleast he got his ring as a Steeler

Now he just needs that Hall of Fame induction. :thumbsup:

BlastFurnace
01-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Now he just needs that Hall of Fame induction. :thumbsup:

Do you think Keith Gary will be the one presenting him?

If your not an early 80's Bengal fan, you may not know who Gary is.

touchdownward
01-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Although Ken was a bungle, he was a great QB and class act. :hatsoff:

Galax Steeler
01-06-2010, 05:27 AM
Although Ken was a bungle, he was a great QB and class act. :hatsoff:

He was a reall good quarterback I remember watching him play.

Rick5895
01-06-2010, 05:41 AM
With any luck the Steelers will strongly convince Charlie to retire from the playing portion and keep as QB coach.

solardave
01-06-2010, 06:02 AM
Charlie Batch

He gets my vote.

solardave
01-06-2010, 06:03 AM

Yeah,than maybe in 2011 we can promote him to OC!!!:rofl:

CantStop85
01-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Do you think Keith Gary will be the one presenting him?

If your not an early 80's Bengal fan, you may not know who Gary is.

I assume you're referring to when Keith Gary almost ripped Ken Anderson's head off? I have to say, that was much scarier than Kimo taking Palmer's knee out. :chuckle: