PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of B.S. Have You Got From Other Teams Fans ??

SteelerEmpire
01-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Since the team has been doing poorly all season and, Christ, we didn't make the playoffs. Other teams fans have joined the "gang-bang" on Steelers fans all year. I know I have received some of the most vulgar comments and messages (even left on my PS3) about it that I will not even dare quote on this site or anywhere else. .... Whats your story ?? :noidea:

7SteelGal43
01-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Havn't gotten much B.S. actually. Guess they respect the history................can you say "SIX" ?!! :tt02:

MACH1
01-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Gotten a little good natured ribbing from some friends and employee's. Till I remind them who signs their checks. :chuckle:

4xSBChamps
01-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Havn't gotten much B.S. actually. Guess they respect the history................can you say "SIX" ?!! :tt02:

I live in central Florida, where the Buccaneers are the 'local' team, and their fans still think running Dungy outta town and replacing him with Chuckie to win a single Lombardi Trophy was the correct thing to do

(a quick note to those who may visit ~ DON'T try to convince them otherwise)
:banging:

they see the '6 Time Super Bowl Champion' cap on my head, and change the subject to 'Tim Tebow will change the NFL', as I chuckle & walk-away
:doh:

OX1947
01-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Yah, I havent gotten much BS either. Kind of hard to get crap from people when you have winning seasons even though you stunk.

steelpride12
01-05-2010, 02:42 PM
No other fan base in the NFL has the right to brag about anything to me and won't. Once a team has six rings they can talk all they want, but for now it doesn't matter what happens during a season.

OX1947
01-05-2010, 02:42 PM
I live in central Florida, where the Buccaneers are the 'local' team, and their fans still think running Dungy outta town and replacing him with Chuckie to win a single Lombardi Trophy was the correct thing to do

(a quick note to those who may visit ~ DON'T try to convince them otherwise)
:banging:

they see the '6 Time Super Bowl Champion' cap on my head, and change the subject to 'Tim Tebow will change the NFL', as I chuckle & walk-away
:doh:

Unless Tim Tebow can throw a 35 yard seem route between two defenders, in stride on a timing pattern, the only thing he will change is his pants after he gets yanked and booed.

In the NFL, if you can not throw the ball accurately, you have ZERO chance of being a good QB. ZERO.

Bettisberger
01-05-2010, 02:46 PM
I just told my friend who's a Bills fan "Well I'm happy with my team's performance this decade. How about yours?" :rofl: :toofunny:

SteelCityMom
01-05-2010, 02:53 PM
No more than when they went on their five game losing streak. As of right now, I've been taking more bashing because of the Pens performance as of late than the Steelers missing the playoffs...but that's more in part due to the fact that I have more friends who aren't Pens fans than friends who aren't Steelers fans.

MaidenIndiana
01-05-2010, 03:00 PM
During the season the Colts fans around here were talking a lot of crap. Then their team /management/whoever pussed out to the Jets and blew their chance at a perfect season. Now they're worried about the Colts choking again( which I believe they will) I'm comfortable in the knowledge that the Steelers wouldn't lay down to anybody, especially if they had a shot at a perfect season. I swear I sometimes feel a little sympathy for the poor Colts fans. Then I either belch or fart and it goes away:hatsoff:

Curtain_of_Steel
01-05-2010, 03:27 PM
I thought we would've heard a lot more being my friends are jets and Eagles fans. However the Eagles taking up the butt shut them up real quick and the jets fans are so afraid to jinx themselves they are not saying a word. For fear Sanchez will have yet a nother typical 4int day.

4xSBChamps
01-05-2010, 03:29 PM
I thought we would've heard a lot more being my friends are jets and Eagles fans. However the Eagles taking up the butt shut them up real quick and the jets fans are so afraid to jinx themselves they are not saying a word. For fear Sanchez will have yet a nother typical 4int day.

Philthadelphians are the worst of all..... the turd that just won't flush

Preacher
01-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I live in Oakland, SF land.

None. :rofl:

fansince'76
01-05-2010, 03:55 PM
I live in Broncos land, so none.

43Hitman
01-05-2010, 04:15 PM
My best friend is a Cowboy fan(I know, I know, but he is the Godfather of my son) and he really hasn't given me to much crap. He repeatedly asked why we weren't running the ball more though.

supa_fly_steeler
01-05-2010, 04:16 PM
My best friend is a Cowboy fan(I know, I know, but he is the Godfather of my son) and he really hasn't given me to much crap. He repeatedly asked why we weren't running the ball more though.

ARIANS!!! lol

43Hitman
01-05-2010, 04:20 PM
ARIANS!!! lol

That's what I told him, but I used a few more colorful adjectives before say Arians name. :chuckle:

toughsticks87
01-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Pats land and I will constantly be getting crap from everyone. Just snide remarks and people ganging up on me on Facebook hahahaha.

And now they can say "Wes Welker is out, that's why we didn't win the SB" after the postseason, then look at me and say "But you're team had another SB hangover"

43Hitman
01-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Pats land and I will constantly be getting crap from everyone. Just snide remarks and people ganging up on me on Facebook hahahaha.

And now they can say "Wes Welker is out, that's why we didn't win the SB" after the postseason, then look at me and say "But you're team had another SB hangover"

Just tell them excuses are like assholes, and you live in a whole town of them. :wink02:

LukesDad88
01-05-2010, 04:43 PM
My wife and her family is from Cincinnati. I've been hearing about it since the second loss to the Bungles.

Worse yet, when we met, I made an agreement with her that we would root for each other's team in the playoffs as long as our own team was out. I never thought I would have to live up to that agreement,.

43Hitman
01-05-2010, 04:53 PM
My wife and her family is from Cincinnati. I've been hearing about it since the second loss to the Bungles.

Worse yet, when we met, I made an agreement with her that we would root for each other's team in the playoffs as long as our own team was out. I never thought I would have to live up to that agreement,.

If it was only a verbal agreement, I believe it's not binding. Just sayin' :wink02:

lukas
01-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Lived in South Jersey for most of my life, and attend Rutgers University. Consequently, that means I'm smack in the middle of Eagles country and Giants country. It can be brutal.

A few of my South Jersey fans give me shit about the Eagles, but then I mention how we have six rings, they have none. Hell, we could give them a championship for the hell of it and we'd still be tied for first. They usually let it go after that. =)

Steelillini
01-05-2010, 05:07 PM
I get crap from my Bear fan friends/family for the loss to them still. I think it is pretty funny that we get shit for a 9-7 season. Repeat that, a 9-7 season. Heck the Bears haven't sniffed the playoffs since their SB season a few years ago. I hate it that we missed the playoffs but the glass is half full.....

Gnutella
01-05-2010, 05:48 PM
On a different message board, this is the response I got from a Colts fanafter announcing that Bruce Arians would be looking for a job by the end of this week:

See what happens to a franchise when they put the ball into the hands of their mediocore QB?

Yeah, not even a chance to defend their title. Last year Inspiteofberger went 17/15and they won the SUPIR BOL!

He misspelled "Super Bowl" intentionally, because he thinks it's foolish to judge a QB by the number of championships he's won. He also refers to Ben Roethlisberger as "Inspiteofberger" because he believes that all of Pittsburgh's success in the last six years has been in spite of him. (The "17/15" refers to his TD/INT ratio last regular season.)

stillers4me
01-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Shitzinnati...'nuff said.

SteelersinCA
01-05-2010, 06:15 PM
If it was only a verbal agreement, I believe it's not binding. Just sayin' :wink02:

Verbal contracts are binding for 1 year in Ohio. FREEEEEDOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

Living in San Diego, my friends try to give me shit, but when you have a historically terrible franchise like them it's hard. I asked them one time if they even have 6 players in the HOF (they have 12) and they shut up quick.

St33lersguy
01-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I am stuck in Eastern PA where most of those annoying fairweather Eagle fans live. They are soooooooo annoying and so full of crap.

NJarhead
01-05-2010, 06:34 PM
None. Although the Ravens fans I know are happy.

Burghfan58
01-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Well, most are happy the Steelers are out but keep it to themselves. Some have asked me my opinion and I basiclly just say the ultimate goal is the Lombardi and we just were not good enough this year. Just getting into the playoffs and losing doesn't cut it. Now there are about six of the teams in the playoffs that I would prefer don't win the Bowl. Two of them will be gone for sure this weekend. Pats or Ravens and Cowboys or Eagles. That leaves four left. Colts, Cincy and the winners of the previous mentioned games.

GutterflowerSteel
01-05-2010, 07:21 PM
SURROUNDED by Raisins fans - they rag on me and snicker and run their mouths ... until I tell them, "YOUR team hasn't won anything yet - and the best thing about the Steelers winning the Super Bowl last year was beating YOUR team 3X to get there!" They still run their mouths because they're just that way - obnoxious. And I refuse to let them bait me ... I don't like the Cheats either, but I want them to CRUSH the Raisins this weekend :tt02:

...and I'm STILL wearing my Steelers gear on Football Fridays - EFF 'em :tt04:

Crow-Magnon
01-05-2010, 07:43 PM
SURROUNDED by Raisins fans - they rag on me and snicker and run their mouths ... until I tell them, "YOUR team hasn't won anything yet - and the best thing about the Steelers winning the Super Bowl last year was beating YOUR team 3X to get there!" They still run their mouths because they're just that way - obnoxious. And I refuse to let them bait me ... I don't like the Cheats either, but I want them to CRUSH the Raisins this weekend :tt02:

...and I'm STILL wearing my Steelers gear on Football Fridays - EFF 'em :tt04:

Now be honest. When you said that last year, weren't YOU being obnoxious?

GoSlash27
01-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Haven't had any problems with that at all. Iowa doesn't have a professional football team (or else Minnesota would want one too :chuckle: ) so we don't give each other a lot of grief over our football allegiances.

43Hitman
01-05-2010, 07:51 PM

They probably weren't running their mouths last season. Especially after 3 losses to us.:noidea:

43Hitman
01-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Haven't had any problems with that at all. Iowa doesn't have a professional football team (or else Minnesota would want one too :chuckle: ) so we don't give each other a lot of grief over our football allegiances.

I miss those jokes. You know what the best thing to ever leave Iowa is right? A Minnesotaian.:chuckle:

Crow-Magnon
01-05-2010, 08:00 PM
They probably weren't running their mouths last season. Especially after 3 losses to us.:noidea:

No, but I would bet that many a Steelers fan in the Maryland area said obnoxious things to Ravens fans last year, no? It's the nature of the beast.

Crow-Magnon
01-05-2010, 08:01 PM

Who cares? You guys got killer whitetails in Iowa! :thumbsup:

GoSlash27
01-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Who cares? You guys got killer whitetails in Iowa!
No doubt! :chuckle: I thought I knew what a deer was before I moved out here.
Not really all that different. They already root for a team in Black 'n' Gold, so they're easy to convert. Especially when I tell them they got their colors from us :hatsoff:

Crow-Magnon
01-05-2010, 08:15 PM
No doubt! :chuckle: I thought I knew what a deer was before I moved out here.
Not really all that different. They already root for a team in Black 'n' Gold, so they're easy to convert. Especially when I tell them they got their colors from us :hatsoff:

They grow 'em frickin' huge out there! One day I'll draw a tag and hunt there. One day...:chuckle:

Funny. The Hawkeyes have always been one college team I've liked ever since I was a kid.

Psyychoward86
01-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Living in Wisconsin, ive gotten

Charles Woodson > Troy Polamalu

by a "longshot"

lol

GutterflowerSteel
01-05-2010, 08:46 PM

Nope. I don't talk smack unless someone else starts it first and gives me a hard time - I try not to be rude, because mama didn't raise me that way lol but I'm not going to let someone give me a raft of shit or attack me personally just because they dislike my team. I don't act like that, so they shouldn't either. Besides, I'm superstitious - if you run your mouth & act like an a-hole, it makes your team lose! (I know - silly - but it seems to work out that way). And I LIVE in MD, where I can't even wear my Steelers gear without having a random stranger saying something nasty and uncalled for - and only provoked because they didn't like my team shirt. I mean, really - WTF?!

I didn't say anything like that last season until someone started whining about the refs. I just said, "Yeah, I guess the refs made your D give up a 92 yard TD drive!" That's not smack - that's the truth! And that's all I had to say - they shut up after that.

GutterflowerSteel
01-05-2010, 08:48 PM
No, but I would bet that many a Steelers fan in the Maryland area said obnoxious things to Ravens fans last year, no? It's the nature of the beast.

You're right - and it makes me cringe. Why can't everyone just get along? lol

Crow-Magnon
01-05-2010, 08:52 PM
You're right - and it makes me cringe. Why can't everyone just get along? lol

Look, smack talk is smack talk and most of it is good-natured ribbing and nothing more. But there are A-hole fans of every team. Some more than others.

Look at New England, for example. :toofunny:

KYsteelfan
01-05-2010, 08:53 PM
I live just south of bungle ville so i have been hearing it non stop all season. well really i always hear it every year, these bengals fans act like they win the super bowl every year. but its been especially bad this year. i just ask who has six, or remind them that we have as many superbowls as they have winning seasons this decade

Crow-Magnon
01-05-2010, 08:55 PM
I live just south of bungle ville so i have been hearing it non stop all season. well really i always hear it every year, these bengals fans act like they win the super bowl every year. but its been especially bad this year. i just ask who has six, or remind them that we have as many superbowls as they have winning seasons this decade

Look, can you really blame them? Really? I mean, if the Elephant Man banged Rosie O'Donnell he'd be bragging that he got laid, right?

GutterflowerSteel
01-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Look, smack talk is smack talk and most of it is good-natured ribbing and nothing more. But there are A-hole fans of every team. Some more than others.

Oh, I don't mind some good natured ribbing - I'm not some goody-goody, and I give as much as I get. But I'm talking about when people get fired up and hostile, start foaming at the mouth with the spit flying and nastiness oozing from every pore. It always amazes me when I see that - it's like watching a freak show live :popcorn: It's just a friggin' game - no need to come to blows, right? But I've seen it happen, over and over. That's why I don't watch rivalry games at bars anymore - can't enjoy yourself if there's all of that going on. So thank you, Sunday Ticket :thumbsup:

X-Terminator
01-05-2010, 09:08 PM

They aren't called "Massholes" for nothing! :toofunny:

lionslicer
01-05-2010, 09:21 PM
I've seen a lot of Steelers gang bangers come out on other forums since the Steelers aren't doing so good.... A lot of other teams fans out there hate the Steelers.

Gnutella
01-05-2010, 10:04 PM
I've seen a lot of Steelers gang bangers come out on other forums since the Steelers aren't doing so good.... A lot of other teams fans out there hate the Steelers.

Success breeds contempt. Their mouths will be shut in nine months anyway.

BlastFurnace
01-05-2010, 10:16 PM
I don't trash talk to my friends when their team loses. I have always felt it's pretty stupid to do that. I don't care what people say to me about the Steelers. The Steelers aren't my family or even my friends. They are 53 guys that I cheer for every Sunday, but nothing more than that. I don't see a need to take an insult that someone throws my way about the Steelers personally.

SteelerEmpire
01-05-2010, 10:38 PM
I don't trash talk to my friends when their team loses. I have always felt it's pretty stupid to do that. I don't care what people say to me about the Steelers. The Steelers aren't my family or even my friends. They are 53 guys that I cheer for every Sunday, but nothing more than that. I don't see a need to take an insult that someone throws my way about the Steelers personally.

I see your avatar displays P90X.... I'm doin that workout right now... its even more intense than the "Insanity " work out... good stuff....

BlastFurnace
01-05-2010, 10:46 PM
I see your avatar displays P90X.... I'm doin that workout right now... its even more intense than the "Insanity " work out... good stuff....

I've been doing P90X for 3.5 years now. I just cycle through the 12 weeks over and over again. It's the best home workout program out there. Keep up the good work.

"Bring it"!

steel9guy
01-06-2010, 12:30 AM
I get crap from freaken eagles fans hahahaha. THEY HAVEN"T ONE ANYTHING THEY ARE CHOKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and we are not. PERIOD!

steelballs
01-06-2010, 08:24 AM
A little good natured ribbing....but by responding "it's unfortunate we won't be able to defend our Super Bowl Championship" tends to quiet the detractors.

I think (as others have mentioned) that the Steelers having 6 overall Lombardis and 2 in the last few years has garnered a new respect for the franchise and one season lost doesn't diminish what the black & gold have acomplished overall.

Crow-Magnon
01-06-2010, 08:55 AM
A little good natured ribbing....but by responding "it's unfortunate we won't be able to defend our Super Bowl Championship" tends to quiet the detractors.

I think (as others have mentioned) that the Steelers having 6 overall Lombardis and 2 in the last few years has garnered a new respect for the franchise and one season lost doesn't diminish what the black & gold have acomplished overall.

I agree with you 100%, but a lot of posters on this forum evidentally do not support your view. Which is a shame when you think about it. 9-7 is still a winning season, just not quite good enough for the post-season. Like I said in another thread- look at NE last year. 11-5 and they went home after Week 17.

steelballs
01-06-2010, 09:11 AM
I agree with you 100%, but a lot of posters on this forum evidentally do not support your view. Which is a shame when you think about it. 9-7 is still a winning season, just not quite good enough for the post-season. Like I said in another thread- look at NE last year. 11-5 and they went home after Week 17.

After the November debacle and subsequent slide to 6-7, I was just hoping at that point to finish respectfully and end the year with a winning record. The playoffs were a distant possibility at that point and finishing the season on a high note would at least send the troops home with a better than sour taste in their mouths.

The Steelers 09' season was disappointing, that's a given, but as Steeler fans, we're spolied and expect a dominant squad every season and well.... that's just not realistic.
This season was especially frustrating because the talent was most certainly there, just not utilized or maximized to their fullest potential.

The naysayers will always kick a dog when it's down, but true champions will return again to the fight and that's exactly what I expect from the Steelers in 2010.

Glace
01-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Heh...I read over this thread last night, and this morning at the gas station, one of central PA's idiotic Cowboy fans saw the Steelers license plate on the front of my truck and mocked the Here we go Steelers chant....

I just smiled and held up 6 fingers.....you can guess which finger I held up on the other hand ;)

Steelillini
01-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Heh...I read over this thread last night, and this morning at the gas station, one of central PA's idiotic Cowboy fans saw the Steelers license plate on the front of my truck and mocked the Here we go Steelers chant....

I just smiled and held up 6 fingers.....you can guess which finger I held up on the other hand ;)

I like it :):tt04:

steelballs
01-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Success breeds contempt. Their mouths will be shut in nine months anyway.

"Success breeds contempt"...I like that and no truer words have been spoken. I usually refer to it as "Steeler Envy"

kmsteelerwr15
01-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Live just outside of Charlotte so its got some Panthers fans but it's mainly Steelers fans so i dont get much while i am here. i do have friends who like to give little comments but all i gotta say is Jake Delhomme and i seem to win every time. I also go to school in Tennessee so Titans fans really cant say much either.

stb_steeler
01-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Here i dont get much bashing, actually i got more during the 5 game losing streak. That was more depressing than anything. Im in the middle of Steeler/Eagle country and as of lately well u know the Eagles story Playoffs= choke !. As for the other fans, well there teams never do any better. So all in all they have nothing to brag about.
HEY... at least we win (sometimes).:thumbsup:

4xSBChamps
01-06-2010, 01:54 PM
here's a funny story I'll pass-along... it's possible I posted this last year at the time of the Super Bowl...

My fiancee & I are living an hour outside Tampa, and the night before the game, we went for dinner at APPLEBEE'S, about 3 miles from our house, wearing Steeler apparel:
the joint was filled with many fans who were in-town for the game.

We like to sit at the bar, and we sat next to 3 couples wearing Arizona Cardinal jackets & jerseys, the only ones in the place wearing Red & White in a sea of Black & Gold:
we had a good-natured conversation about the upcoming game, and the guy I sat next to had played minor-league baseball in our town, so we exchanged stories about our teams

The Cardinal fans were upset that they had to stay so-far outside of Tampa, arriving the Friday before the game, as most rooms had been booked by Steeler fans, and couldn't believe how-many Steeler fans were there:
I said 'we ain't got nothin' in Pittsburgh except the Steelers, so these people came-down for the game last week... they'll come-down here & sleep under a bridge just to watch the game on TV... it's been like this for days!'

Our conversation drifted to how each city would react to winning the game, and I repeated the stories I'd read earlier that week, that Mayor Ravenstahl (spelling) had said there probably wouldn't be a parade if the team won, due to costs of security & possible damages:
one of the females from Arizona, who'd had a few too-many drinks, smuggly mumbled "WE wouldn't have damages in Phoenix if WE won the game at OUR parade!"

My fiancee, who is not a football fan but allows me this pleasure, and had said very-little during the conversation, leaned across my chest and firmly asked

"... how-much trouble could ALL 6 of you people cause at a parade?"

I almost fell-off my seat with laughter

:rofl:

JEFF4i
01-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Does your wife have a sister? lol.

43Hitman
01-06-2010, 02:08 PM
That's funny, thanks for sharing that story.:drink:

bobby jr
01-06-2010, 02:24 PM
No other fan base in the NFL has the right to brag about anything to me and won't. Once a team has six rings they can talk all they want, but for now it doesn't matter what happens during a season.

The Steelers have won more Super Bowls (six) but not more NFL championships than other teams. I was just looking at a chart that shows the Green Bay Packers have won 12 NFL Championships in all. Pittsburgh is in 4th place behind Green Bay, Chicago, New york.

Baltimore has won five, counting 4 with the Colts and 1 with the Ravens.

vrabinec
01-06-2010, 02:28 PM
I work in Baltimore. Believe it or not, they're pretty cool about it. Just a hint of ribbing, but I think it's hard to make fun of the fans with the most Super Bowl trophies to celebrate.

steel striker
01-06-2010, 04:06 PM
The way i look at is unless you win the SB it is a failed season.

stlrtruck
01-06-2010, 04:42 PM
I've received very little. A bandwagoner and a patriots* fan give me the most crap. But other than that, I end the discussions when I bring up the cheating and the other fan's lack of decision in choosing ONE team.

stillers4me
01-06-2010, 05:35 PM
I work in Baltimore. Believe it or not, they're pretty cool about it. Just a hint of ribbing, but I think it's hard to make fun of the fans with the most Super Bowl trophies to celebrate.

Bengals fans will find a way.

steelreserve
01-06-2010, 05:44 PM
The Steelers have won more Super Bowls (six) but not more NFL championships than other teams. I was just looking at a chart that shows the Green Bay Packers have won 12 NFL Championships in all. Pittsburgh is in 4th place behind Green Bay, Chicago, New york.

It isn't really relevant how many NFL championships you won in the days before they had electricity.

Up until the mid-60s, they had, like ... 8 or 10 teams, and if you won your division you were automatically in the championship game, and teams would sign guys off the back of garbage trucks the day before a game. Most of those Packers teams would have trouble winning a Mountain West Conference championship today. So all their fans can go have fun bragging about jack shit.

SteelerEmpire
01-06-2010, 06:59 PM

The Steelers have 7 Championships... and 6 SB's for a total of 13 titles... But a Championship is much easier to win than a SB because there was less competition due to the number of teams in each AFL and seperate NFL leagues. Championship determines the champ of one league (AFL or NFL). SB determined the champs of both leagues...

TackleMeBen
01-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Bengals fans will find a way.
i am finding out jet fans are the same way...lol.. why did my sister have to be a jets fan:banging:

Fifty8
01-06-2010, 09:09 PM
I live in Raleigh and most of the folks around here are Panthers or Redskins fans, so they say not a word. The other transplants, mostly New Yorkers, just say sorry about your Steelers or "It's amazing how much difference P-O-L-A-M-A-T-U's abscence makes," they can't even pronounce his name.

What I've come to realize, there are few fans that are as passionate as steelers' fans or as knowledgeable. They don't know the dark shadow cast on the city after a steelers loss. They have no idea how every steeler road game is one-third to one-half steelers fans. And they sure don't know Pittsburgh Pride.

I don't think other fans follow their teams in the same way; so since they don't get our passion, their comments mostly fall on deaf ears because I don't have the time or desire to break it down for a 2nd rate fanbase.

bobby jr
01-06-2010, 09:10 PM
It isn't really relevant how many NFL championships you won in the days before they had electricity.

Up until the mid-60s, they had, like ... 8 or 10 teams, and if you won your division you were automatically in the championship game, and teams would sign guys off the back of garbage trucks the day before a game. Most of those Packers teams would have trouble winning a Mountain West Conference championship today. So all their fans can go have fun bragging about jack shit.

Sorry, but you can't invalidate all the Packers championships, or the Baltimore Colts championships, before there was a Super Bowl. The Packers won all those championships under Vince Lombardi and they helped make the NFL what it is today.

Just like the Baltimore Colts did when they played the NY Giants in the Greatest Game Ever Played, the 1958 NFL Championship game. That game had a great impact in that it turned the nation on to the NFL and football on TV.

Sure competition was different then but that is the same for all sports. I doubt Babe Ruth would be dominating the major leagues or Ty Cobb would be hitting .400 if they played today.

Let's ,be honest, if the Steelers had dominated the NFL before there was a Super Bowl, if they had won 10 NFL championships prior to 1968 I don't think that many Pittsburgh fans would just count the NFL championships starting with the Super Bowl in 1967.

All NFL Championships count, from the very first one, whether the last championship game was called the Super Bowl championship or not.

bobby jr
01-06-2010, 09:15 PM
I live in Raleigh and most of the folks around here are Panthers or Redskins fans, so they say not a word. The other transplants, mostly New Yorkers, just say sorry about your Steelers or "It's amazing how much difference P-O-L-A-M-A-T-U's abscence makes," they can't even pronounce his name.

What I've come to realize, there are few fans that are as passionate as steelers' fans or as knowledgeable. They don't know the dark shadow cast on the city after a steelers loss. They have no idea how every steeler road game is one-third to one-half steelers fans. And they sure don't know Pittsburgh Pride.

I don't think other fans follow their teams in the same way; so since they don't get our passion, their comments mostly fall on deaf ears because I don't have the time or desire to break it down for a 2nd rate fanbase.

I agree with what I heard Cowherd say the Herd on ESPN radio, he says the reason fans in Baltimore and Pittsburgh are so passsionate about their teams is because generally people don't leave these cities. They are born there they live there their whole lives and they die there. Not so in cities like LA where people often just stay and work a few years and then move on, or in Florida where they came from other states.

Fans who spend their whole lives rooting for their hometown team like their fathers did will be much more passionate than fans who only live in town a few years.

bobby jr
01-06-2010, 09:17 PM
The Steelers have 7 Championships... and 6 SB's for a total of 13 titles... But a Championship is much easier to win than a SB because there was less competition due to the number of teams in each AFL and seperate NFL leagues. Championship determines the champ of one league (AFL or NFL). SB determined the champs of both leagues...

The AFL was inferior to the NFL until 1968 and the Packers blew out the AFL teams the first two years of the Super Bowl. The NFL champion was the true champion.

HughC
01-06-2010, 10:38 PM
edit, duplicate

HughC
01-06-2010, 10:44 PM

SteelerEmpire, I think you're confusing 'championships' with 'conference championships'. Take a look at Pro Football Reference (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/) or a similar site. By 'championships', they are referring to all NFL championships in NFL history - including Super Bowls. Packers have 12 NFL championships, Bears have 9, etc. - and Steelers have 6. If you're going to credit the Steelers with 13 titles, then you'd have to credit the Packers with 25 'titles' too, if my math is correct.

There were only six years in the record books that there were two (NFL and AFL) champions in the 90 year history of the NFL. Besides, those NFL teams such as the Packers would most likely have still won had the two leagues met back then, so I don't see how you can discount their accomplishments.

LW56
01-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Sorry, but you can't invalidate all the Packers championships, or the Baltimore Colts championships, before there was a Super Bowl. The Packers won all those championships under Vince Lombardi and they helped make the NFL what it is today.

Just like the Baltimore Colts did when they played the NY Giants in the Greatest Game Ever Played, the 1958 NFL Championship game. That game had a great impact in that it turned the nation on to the NFL and football on TV.

Sure competition was different then but that is the same for all sports. I doubt Babe Ruth would be dominating the major leagues or Ty Cobb would be hitting .400 if they played today.

Let's ,be honest, if the Steelers had dominated the NFL before there was a Super Bowl, if they had won 10 NFL championships prior to 1968 I don't think that many Pittsburgh fans would just count the NFL championships starting with the Super Bowl in 1967.

All NFL Championships count, from the very first one, whether the last championship game was called the Super Bowl championship or not.

Oh boy, I know it's off topic, but I have to reply to this.

Yes NFL "Championships" count, but they were still garbage IMO.

That whole era was garbage. Idiot Clown fans proclaim they have more championships (8) than the Steelers, but fail to undersatand the NFL doesn't recognize the AAFC.

Since Cleve and Cincy have sucked for the most part since 1970, Clown and Bungle fans especially love to lay down the "Oh yeah, well Steelers sucked for 40 yrs. also" smack. It makes them sleep better. As if it gives them an excuse for sucking .

Yes those 40ys count, but I regard that era as irrelevant. That era is beneficial if you have an interest in sports history.
Some of the highlights of those 40 yrs....

Quotas on how many black players were allowed to play. Check out how many black faces were on those teams. The best athletes didn't play . If Jim Brown were in his prime today, he would have never achieved the records he did then....by running over and around slow undersized white guys.:chuckle:

Football was only a part time job. A man couldn't support himserf on a football players salary . Players actually had "real" jobs during the offseason.
I also have a hard time believing the pressure to win in 1940 was as strong as it is today. One of the reasons the Steelers were so bad is because Art Rooney was "too nice". ..that is a fact.
There was little specialization, 2 or 3 coaches per team. Players played O and D.
Football was a distant 2nd in popularity to baseball, and the first Super Bowl didn't even sell out.

Ever hear of the Steagles and the Pitt-Cards? During WWII there was a shortage of men, and teams, such as the Steelers and Eagles and Steelers and Cardinals combined.

It's apparent NFL "championships" are irrelevant every year come Super Bowl time through the media. Ever hear the sports media talk about NFL championships? No, only Super Bowl history is discussed. Ever see a list of NFL champions in a newspapers sports section come SB time? I never have, only the list that starts with Super Bowl I.

Really Bungle and Clown fans? Using the first 40yrs of the NFL as anti- Steeler smack? ...especially since none of us were around to root for those teams...and none of you clown fans were around cheer your so-called "NFL Championships".

A holes.

SteelerEmpire
01-07-2010, 04:30 AM
Oh boy, I know it's off topic, but I have to reply to this.

Yes NFL "Championships" count, but they were still garbage IMO.

That whole era was garbage. Idiot Clown fans proclaim they have more championships (8) than the Steelers, but fail to undersatand the NFL doesn't recognize the AAFC.

Since Cleve and Cincy have sucked for the most part since 1970, Clown and Bungle fans especially love to lay down the "Oh yeah, well Steelers sucked for 40 yrs. also" smack. It makes them sleep better. As if it gives them an excuse for sucking .

Yes those 40ys count, but I regard that era as irrelevant. That era is beneficial if you have an interest in sports history.
Some of the highlights of those 40 yrs....

Quotas on how many black players were allowed to play. Check out how many black faces were on those teams. The best athletes didn't play . If Jim Brown were in his prime today, he would have never achieved the records he did then....by running over and around slow undersized white guys.:chuckle:

Football was only a part time job. A man couldn't support himserf on a football players salary . Players actually had "real" jobs during the offseason.
I also have a hard time believing the pressure to win in 1940 was as strong as it is today. One of the reasons the Steelers were so bad is because Art Rooney was "too nice". ..that is a fact.
There was little specialization, 2 or 3 coaches per team. Players played O and D.
Football was a distant 2nd in popularity to baseball, and the first Super Bowl didn't even sell out.

Ever hear of the Steagles and the Pitt-Cards? During WWII there was a shortage of men, and teams, such as the Steelers and Eagles and Steelers and Cardinals combined.

It's apparent NFL "championships" are irrelevant every year come Super Bowl time through the media. Ever hear the sports media talk about NFL championships? No, only Super Bowl history is discussed. Ever see a list of NFL champions in a newspapers sports section come SB time? I never have, only the list that starts with Super Bowl I.

Really Bungle and Clown fans? Using the first 40yrs of the NFL as anti- Steeler smack? ...especially since none of us were around to root for those teams...and none of you clown fans were around cheer your so-called "NFL Championships".

A holes.

Exactly the point I was trying to make. Competition and incentives was so weak in those days that its almost like Super Bowl Champion players counting their high school championships WITH their SB titles and adding them all together... The "sports" physics and math of that era pale in comparison to the modern NFL...

bobby jr
01-07-2010, 01:30 PM
So the 1965 Packers Championship doesn't count because it was pre-SuperBowl?

I'm sure all those great Packers, Bart Starr, Paul Hornung, Max McGee, Jim Taylor, Herb Addreley, Forrest Gregg,, and coach Vince Lombardi would have been disappointed to know their NFL Championship wasn't real.

It is also incorrect to state the media only recognizes the Super Bowl. I've heard many times how Lambau field in Green Bay is a home of the championship Green Bay teams of old days.

To be fair to the pre-Super bowl teams I believe every championship should be recognized as valid As one with a Baltimore address I am especially proud of the 1958 NFL Championship game between the Baltimore Colts and the NY Giants, widely known as the greatest game ever played. The game helped the NFL reach it's present level of popularity, and the Colts with Johnny U and Raymond Berry
deserve recognition. as champions as do Ameche, Lenny Moore. and Artie Donavan.

Also I don't believe NFL championships can be invalidated because there were not black players. Moore was black and the times were different. Is the 1927 Yankees championship team with Ruth and Gehrig invalid because the team was not diversified? What about the 1925 Pittsburgh Pirates championship team with Pie Traynor? Those championships count and so does every NFL Championship.

Pittsburgh has six NFL championships, Baltimore has five.

scsteeler
01-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Have received some B.S. but I kindly ask the to name the other team that has 6 SB trophy's and who is the current SB champ and they tend to back off then.

:tt02:

Angus Burgher
01-07-2010, 05:48 PM
I've heard some B.S. here and there from Eagles and Ravens fans, though not as much as I would have expected. That is the one good thing about your team finishing below expectations a year after a Super Bowl win. Sure, the season is disappointing... but you STILL DID WIN THE SUPERBOWL LESS THAN A YEAR AGO.

So it's not like you're that far removed from greatness. And when your team has won the big one more than anyone else, well, that's even more awesome.

But yeah, some crap I've heard... Ravens fans still go with the "Steelers pay off the officials!" defense. Yawn.

I do know one Eagles fan who is a total jackass, though. When the Steelers were in the middle of the losing streak and the Eagles were playing really well, she took every opportunity to rub it in my face. I guess this is what happens when your team, despite occasionally winning a regular season game every once in a long while, is still drastically inferior to the team on the other side of the state. I suppose you can't just take comfort in the fact that your team is playing well, because you know they'll choke in the end. Whereas the Steelers might have some major problems but they have, statistically speaking, a much better chance of making it to the big show once again for lucky #7.

NJarhead
01-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Oh I've been bustin some SERIOUS Jet chops!

I tell them, "well we were knocking at the front door and while it never opened for us, we didn't need Peyton Manning to sneak to the back door and unlock it for us like you chumps did." It's even better when it's said in the company of a few Giants fans (who hate Jets fans). The laughter is endless. lol

xfl2001fan
01-07-2010, 07:03 PM
I keep getting this "six rings" string of BS. Something about 12 of the last 13 as well. It gets a bit annoying too?

NJarhead
01-07-2010, 07:06 PM
I keep getting this "six rings" string of BS. Something about 12 of the last 13 as well. It gets a bit annoying too?

At this point, picking on a Browns fan is like throwing snowballs at the short bus.

DarkKnight207
01-08-2010, 03:36 AM
I'm in Denver. NOBODY has any room to talk in this town about our Steelers!:rofl:

4xSBChamps
01-09-2010, 01:55 PM
So the 1965 Packers Championship doesn't count because it was pre-SuperBowl?

+ tax...

People who fail to recognize & honor the history of the game show their ignorance, and generally live an a world of 'fantasy-football'/ ESPN talking-heads

the players & teams that won those Championships in the pre Super Bowl days were the BEST the League had to offer at-that-time, and should be held in high regard as-such

the players in those days didn't make enough money to train year-round, so they couldn't be as-athletic as today's pampered prima-donnas, but the game was in many ways more brutal & primitive than today's game;
imagine the penalty, fine, and suspension that Mike Curtis would face for this hit, typical of the day just 40 years ago
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/MikeCurtiscreamsRomanGabriel.jpg

today's game is a watered-down facsimilie of the game I grew-up watching in the late-1960s, basketball-on-steroids, pass-n-tab for the kids who's parent's thought football was 'too-rough' for their children to play (my parents thought the same way in 1967), built for people with short attention-spans who think a spiraling football through the air makes for great TV high-lights:
although I still watch the game, I don't follow it, or 'em Stillers, as-closely as I did before the League legalized holding, outlawed the bump-and-run, made hitting the QB ver-boten, and sold the game-off like a prostitute to get air-time on ESPN

Charlie Taylor was just as much a tactician as Jerry Rice, defenses were geared to stop Jim Brown like they are against Adrian Peterson yet both excel, John Unitas was a adept at getting the ball down-field in the last 2 minutes as Joe Montana, and Chuck Bednarik was just-as-much a 'bad-dude' as James Harrison in their day:
those facts shouldn't be forgotten

stb_steeler
01-09-2010, 02:35 PM

Yeah their ok with it now, cause they know they dont have to go up against the Steelers this year.

SteelerEmpire
01-09-2010, 02:50 PM
+ tax...

People who fail to recognize & honor the history of the game show their ignorance, and generally live an a world of 'fantasy-football'/ ESPN talking-heads

the players & teams that won those Championships in the pre Super Bowl days were the BEST the League had to offer at-that-time, and should be held in high regard as-such

the players in those days didn't make enough money to train year-round, so they couldn't be as-athletic as today's pampered prima-donnas, but the game was in many ways more brutal & primitive than today's game;
imagine the penalty, fine, and suspension that Mike Curtis would face for this hit, typical of the day just 40 years ago
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/MikeCurtiscreamsRomanGabriel.jpg

today's game is a watered-down facsimilie of the game I grew-up watching in the late-1960s, basketball-on-steroids, pass-n-tab for the kids who's parent's thought football was 'too-rough' for their children to play (my parents thought the same way in 1967), built for people with short attention-spans who think a spiraling football through the air makes for great TV high-lights:
although I still watch the game, I don't follow it, or 'em Stillers, as-closely as I did before the League legalized holding, outlawed the bump-and-run, made hitting the QB ver-boten, and sold the game-off like a prostitute to get air-time on ESPN

Charlie Taylor was just as much a tactician as Jerry Rice, defenses were geared to stop Jim Brown like they are against Adrian Peterson yet both excel, John Unitas was a adept at getting the ball down-field in the last 2 minutes as Joe Montana, and Chuck Bednarik was just-as-much a 'bad-dude' as James Harrison in their day:
those facts shouldn't be forgotten

I don't think its watered down that much... The padding from those days til today has not changed that much. But now you have 300 lb + guys and 4.5 in the guys 40 hitting you as a norm... in addition there are more games played per season today... While I agree the league has their "divas" .... there is an increased element of danger as well...

steelerdude15
01-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Well since I live in Maryland... I hear it ALL the time! Through the season and now that the playoffs are here. When the Steelers lost to the Ravens this season... Lets just say that Raven fans showed how classy they really were, but when the Steelers beat the Ravens later in the season, I didn't say a single thing to Raven fans, I honestly don't believe in trash talking because you never know what will happen. When the Steelers were eliminated from the playoffs, it was worse. So yes, I hate Ratbird fans with a passion. They're not that good of a team, but that's a different discussion. Redskin and Eagles fans aren't bad here. That's the major teams around here on the Eastern Shore.

supa_fly_steeler
01-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Ok so i was walking past the food shop earlier today wering my steelers jersey and a dude wearing a 49er jersey tells me santonio's small compared to mine WTF? is that in reference when santonio stripped for camera

stillers4me
01-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Ok so i was walking past the food shop earlier today wering my steelers jersey and a dude wearing a 49er jersey tells me santonio's small compared to mine WTF? is that in reference when santonio stripped for camera

I would have told him that his doesn't have a superbowl ring on it. :chuckle:

Dodt
01-09-2010, 04:54 PM
i tell them i will enjoy the early first round draft pick.

VASteelerGuy
01-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Not much at all...more surprise that we didn't make it which is a statement as well.

Nadroj 20
01-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Wont be getting any BS from bengal fans possibly after tonight :rofl:

SteelerEmpire
01-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Wont be getting any BS from bengal fans possibly after tonight :rofl:

BUNGLES WILL BE BUNGLES... we can scratch them off the list... ha ha

Venom
01-09-2010, 10:00 PM
I havent gotten anything here in NYC about the Steelers . They tell me what we all know , how did we lose to the Raiders , Browns and Chiefs ?

Prok
01-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Since the team has been doing poorly all season and, Christ, we didn't make the playoffs. Other teams fans have joined the "gang-bang" on Steelers fans all year. I know I have received some of the most vulgar comments and messages (even left on my PS3) about it that I will not even dare quote on this site or anywhere else. .... Whats your story ?? :noidea:

I'll tell ya what kind of BS I got this year but not many of you will like it. I know ALOT of clowns fans and just about every one of them has been making fun of us sticking with Arians. You see, they were in our shoes a few years ago begging their team to fire him.

NJarhead
01-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Okay, NOW it's starting.

My buddy Adam (The Jets fan) with, "Man, how the hell did the Steelers lose twice to these chumps??"

....shut up Adam. :upyours:

KeiselPower99
01-10-2010, 02:38 PM
A few fairweather fans have gave me crap but nothing unusual from my regular buddys.

zulater
01-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Okay, NOW it's starting.

My buddy Adam (The Jets fan) with, "Man, how the hell did the Steelers lose twice to these chumps??"

....shut up Adam. :upyours:

Remind him SB III was a long long time ago. :chuckle:

NJarhead
01-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Remind him SB III was a long long time ago. :chuckle:

Oh I do. In fact I remind him that neither he nor I have seen the Jets win a SB in our lifetime. :chuckle: