PDA

View Full Version : Taylor mays is the way to go

onefortheotherhand
01-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Hes a freakish athlete, and will provide depth while we groom him to be a starter like we do with hood. Hes like a bigger bob sanders.

tyler289
01-05-2010, 05:52 PM
As good as Mays is, I can't see him lasting to us, and am not sure what kind of complement he'd be to Troy.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Rankings.php

Mays is #2 on there. No chance we get him.

Gnutella
01-05-2010, 05:53 PM
I want Terrence Cody or Brandon Spikes.

43Hitman
01-05-2010, 05:53 PM
He can't play in pass coverage for dookie. No thanks.

Sharkissle29
01-05-2010, 06:04 PM

I think there is a good chance spikes is around in the 2nd

fat4jc
01-05-2010, 07:31 PM
As good as Mays is, I can't see him lasting to us, and am not sure what kind of complement he'd be to Troy.

That website's mock is VERY different from many I've seen. Very off IMO.

micahn31
01-05-2010, 07:54 PM

YES PLEASE!!

supa_fly_steeler
01-05-2010, 08:25 PM
taylor mays may go to the falcons or the raiders.

supa_fly_steeler
01-05-2010, 08:26 PM
i really want patrick robinson he was born for us

revefsreleets
01-05-2010, 09:44 PM
The college all-star games is a better start. The kids are in pro conditions, under pro coaches, and not everybody buys all the metric used in the combine.

taztroy43
01-05-2010, 10:29 PM
The college all-star games is a better start. The kids are in pro conditions, under pro coaches, and not everybody buys all the metric used in the combine.

I agree with you completely....any chance any Steelers coaches will be there to help out????...they can get a good look @ Mays to see if he's worth the pick....I think Mays will probably fall to us, unless Al Davis takes him w/ his pick!!!!

Texasteel
01-05-2010, 11:11 PM
I agree with you completely....any chance any Steelers coaches will be there to help out????...they can get a good look @ Mays to see if he's worth the pick....I think Mays will probably fall to us, unless Al Davis takes him w/ his pick!!!!

I think I can promise that there will be Steeler coaches and scouts at every practice, and the game.

MasterOfPuppets
01-06-2010, 01:28 AM
I think I can promise that there will be Steeler coaches and scouts at every practice, and the game.
i think he means in some kind of coaching capacity. marvin lewis has coached the game twice...if i'm tomlin i'd be damned sure to throw my name in the hat for the job...its a golden oppurtunity to get a good long look at the prospects... i was shocked the bengals took a guy who didn't participate in it first round...:noidea:

Galax Steeler
01-06-2010, 03:57 AM
NO point in reading mocks right now until the combine is over.

That is true but they are still fun to mess with this time of year.

preston0036
01-06-2010, 08:54 AM
i totally agree i want Mays he and Troy would be hell in that secondary plus Troy wouldn't have to do all that crazy stuff:tt04:

MDSteel15
01-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Would so rather have Berry!

CargoJon
01-06-2010, 10:48 AM
My understanding is that while Mays delivers ESPN highlight hits, his pass coverage skills and tackling leave much to be desired. I'll pass. Give me O-Line please.

SteelersTilIDie
01-06-2010, 02:54 PM

That's also a horribly outdated list and shows the true idiocy of scott wright

43Hitman
01-06-2010, 03:39 PM
My understanding is that while Mays delivers ESPN highlight hits, his pass coverage skills and tackling leave much to be desired. I'll pass. Give me O-Line please.

I agree with you about Mays. Not impressed with his pass coverage and tackling skills. He goes for the knock-out hit to much and sacrifices good technique like breaking down before making the tackle. We saw lots of that this year with our defense which is out of the norm for our group.

St33lersguy
01-06-2010, 05:22 PM
NO point in reading mocks right now until the combine is over.

Why not know? We are not in the playoffs and play on the field is a real indicator of who is a better option over workouts in shorts

I would love Mays but also want Cody aswell. I am going to watch the BCS Natl. championship game and watch what he can do.

MasterOfPuppets
01-06-2010, 07:19 PM
i'd be willing to bet that 99% of the people "Wishing" , for taylor mays, has never even watched a USC game this year.....:doh:

43Hitman
01-06-2010, 08:03 PM
i'd be willing to bet that 99% of the people "Wishing" , for taylor mays, has never even watched a USC game this year.....:doh:

Yep, they have prolly just heard his name pimped all over BSPN.

Texasteel
01-06-2010, 08:49 PM

I liked Chad Jones of LSU better.

taztroy43
01-06-2010, 10:34 PM

Well I'm from that 1% that watch him play on a regular basis....and well he probably has more talent(and athletic ability) than mostly anybody in this draft...Yes I agree w/ you he did have a bad year and his cover skills were plain out sad.....he had a "meltdown" this year....Scouts/Coaches are not going to base everything on this year...C'mon I thought u knew ur stuff...They will evaluate his whole career not just his AWFUL senior season....His cover skills were never that great but they weren't that bad....He was average I'd say....Yes idk what happened this year with him??? But I'm pretty sure scouts aren't going to base everything on just this year....They got plenty of tape to see if this guy has the potential of being a FS/SS/ or even an OLB in the NFL....With good coaching and a good mentor I think his weaknesses can be addressed and he would make a pretty good safety @ either position in the NFL!!!! With the Steelers he would have both!!!! Thus would probably improve on the angles he takes, instincts, tackling, even his hands...etc....He doesn't seem to be a LAZY player like many of the people that judge him assume....But even if we do not take him, there are plenty of talented safeties in this DRAFT!!!!!!

supa_fly_steeler
01-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Taylor Mays is like Tim Tebow

In the NFL you think he is goin to completley suck or be fU@^%ing awesome.

Galax Steeler
01-07-2010, 04:23 AM
Would so rather have Berry!

I would say they are alot of us that would like to have him but it will never happen he will be gone way before we pick.

MDSteel15
01-07-2010, 12:12 PM
I would say they are alot of us that would like to have him but it will never happen he will be gone way before we pick.

Trade up! :noidea:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Well I'm from that 1% that watch him play on a regular basis....and well he probably has more talent(and athletic ability) than mostly anybody in this draft...Yes I agree w/ you he did have a bad year and his cover skills were plain out sad.....he had a "meltdown" this year....Scouts/Coaches are not going to base everything on this year...C'mon I thought u knew ur stuff...They will evaluate his whole career not just his AWFUL senior season....His cover skills were never that great but they weren't that bad....He was average I'd say....Yes idk what happened this year with him??? But I'm pretty sure scouts aren't going to base everything on just this year....They got plenty of tape to see if this guy has the potential of being a FS/SS/ or even an OLB in the NFL....With good coaching and a good mentor I think his weaknesses can be addressed and he would make a pretty good safety @ either position in the NFL!!!! With the Steelers he would have both!!!! Thus would probably improve on the angles he takes, instincts, tackling, even his hands...etc....He doesn't seem to be a LAZY player like many of the people that judge him assume....But even if we do not take him, there are plenty of talented safeties in this DRAFT!!!!!!

Scouts traditionally look for two years of production....but barring
A) some type of injury or ...
B) teams obviously scheming against players.
Scouts will post red flags on players who have obvious lack of production or "holes" in their game.

Mays has been red-flagged.

Not saying that its right/wrong but the only way Mays can stop the doubts is to play big at senior bowls and the combine. Good showings at both, puts him back into everyones good graces.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Trade up! :noidea:

I talked about the trade up possibilities for Haden in the War Room thread... Possibilities of drafting CB Joe Haden

Rdp616
01-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Patrick Robinson does sound good but the chances are kinda slim he'll be there. As for Taylor mays. He'll be way gone before we could get him. Don't really want him anyway.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Patrick Robinson does sound good but the chances are kinda slim he'll be there. As for Taylor mays. He'll be way gone before we could get him. Don't really want him anyway.

I dont know...we are picking at around #18...Mays may actually still be on the board...and Robinson most certainly will be unless there is a run on CB's.

AlleghanyAdams87
01-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Mays would be a bad fit for this current team. He probably cannot play FS in the NFL, meaning he would switch to SS. Earl Thomas or no safeties early. Remember this is an organization who values all their picks. They seem to like Mundy, Lewis and Burnett. So expect us to do something in our front 7, but only if they think they can land an "impact" player at 18, if not, they will probably trade back if T. Cody or Rolando McClain fall.

taztroy43
01-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Dude the chances of MClain falling are very slim.....he's the best ILB coming out this year...so i dont believe that for a second!!!!

43Hitman
01-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Dude the chances of MClain falling are very slim.....he's the best ILB coming out this year...so i dont believe that for a second!!!!

Man he played like a man possessed last night. I would to love see him or Mt. Cody here. Although admittedly I don't know much about the college prospects coming out this year. So I look forward to reading the posts in the War Room.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Mays would be a bad fit for this current team. He probably cannot play FS in the NFL, meaning he would switch to SS. Earl Thomas or no safeties early.

I dont know about that...I would be VERY happy to pick up Nate Allen in the 2nd round! He can play both safety positions..has good speed...and has good coverage and run support skills.