PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Hawkeye Steelers

cydnub
01-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Is anyone else watching the Orange Bowl and rooting for the Hawkeyes? They are dressed in the Steelers home colors. Bittersweet, and pathetic maybe, but go Hawkeyes!

Sharkissle29
01-05-2010, 07:57 PM
I'd like to see Angerer become a steeler

supa_fly_steeler
01-05-2010, 07:59 PM
when does it start?

Sharkissle29
01-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Its on now...

Here is a little history on the uniforms, i knew the steelers had something to do with Iowa's uniforms...

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Pittsburgh-Steelers-291/2009/11/Steeler-Iowa-Hawkeye-Uniforms.htm

Texasteel
01-05-2010, 08:58 PM
I expected the defense to play well, but not this well. Hope they keep it up.

revefsreleets
01-05-2010, 09:23 PM
I really don't respect ACC football very much. DT has been pretty dominant this year, but, well, Hell, they play in the ACC.

Iowa with Stanzi MAY have been the best team in the Big Ten this year...

Go Hawkeyes!

revefsreleets
01-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Sweet! The top 3 Big Ten teams all won their respective bowls.

Texasteel
01-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Sweet! The top 3 Big Ten teams all won their respective bowls.

So much for a down year in the Big Ten. Real proud of my guys.

Hobbes
01-06-2010, 01:02 AM
The General Manager where I work is an absolute prick and loves the Hawkeyes so I had no problem rooting against them.
Plus my wife grew up in Georgia so I watched acouple of Tech games this year. She just loves the Yellowjackets. :tt03:

SteelMember
01-06-2010, 07:14 AM
I expected the defense to play well, but not this well. Hope they keep it up.

The D really clogged the middle for the jackets. They made some good adjustments in the 2nd half to make a game of it, but without the deep threat, GT had a tough time of it all night.

Stanzi had a nice game... discounting that pick 6.

The o-line was giving some great protection, and dominating the line most of the night.

The 2 obvious standouts for me in the game were Moeaki, and of course Clayborn. I bet your happy he's (Clayborn) coming back for his senior season. He was an absolute terror last night... Just missed the safety to pad his stats. :chuckle:

Texasteel
01-06-2010, 07:25 AM
The D really clogged the middle for the jackets. They made some good adjustments in the 2nd half to make a game of it, but without the deep threat, GT had a tough time of it all night.

Stanzi had a nice game... discounting that pick 6.

The o-line was giving some great protection, and dominating the line most of the night.

The 2 obvious standouts for me in the game were Moeaki, and of course Clayborn. I bet your happy he's (Clayborn) coming back for his senior season. He was an absolute terror last night... Just missed the safety to pad his stats. :chuckle:

Yea, I'm pretty pleased that Clayborn is coming back. I think he made a wise decision. It hard telling how good he will be next year, I think it was Green that talked him into staying. On the other hand, I am hearing Bulage and Spievey are both leaving school. Spievey could be an attractive CB if we could get him cheep.

Darn Moeake had to show the whole nation how good he can be. Now I will never get him back into the Black and Gold.

I'm pretty pleased this morning.:wink02:

SteelMember
01-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Darn Moeake had to show the whole nation how good he can be. Now I will never get him back into the Black and Gold.

I think he showed he has the complete package.

He was blocking very well, and he had a pretty good Heath Miller imitation on that first short pass he took for some good yardage. He really became the go-to-guy, which is understandable because GT has had trouble covering a pass catching TE all year.

stb_steeler
01-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Its on now...

Here is a little history on the uniforms, i knew the steelers had something to do with Iowa's uniforms...

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Pittsburgh-Steelers-291/2009/11/Steeler-Iowa-Hawkeye-Uniforms.htm

There cheap printed style.