PDA

View Full Version : First Stab Mock

Steely McSmash
01-05-2010, 11:05 PM
1st - Dan Williams - NT - Tennessee -- Good chance to make a stab at replacing the big snack

2nd - Sean Lee - ILB - PSU -- replacement for Farrior

3rd - Kam Chancellor - FS - V. Tech -- Replacement for Clark (assume FA loss)

3rd Comp - Chad Jones - S - LSU -- Replacement for Ty Carter

4th - Dexter McCLuster - WR - Miss -- Compete for 4th spot with Sweed

5th - Alterraun Verner -- CB -- UCLA -- add to stable of corners

5th Comp - Brandon Sharpe - OLB - Texas Tech -- Depth at OLB

6th - Pat Angerer - ILB/ST - Iowa -- Depth at ILB, -- a great competitor worth a look

7th - Brett Swenson - K - Mich St. -- Kicker if Skippy jumps ship.

Steel Glory
01-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Sorry, but Angerer will not pass the 5th round in my opinion. And Dexter McCluster is a running back not a wide receiver. Shaye Hodges is the other Ole Miss WR that played across from Wallace.

sharkweek
01-07-2010, 12:23 PM
We already have some youth at line backer with our backups, I'm not sure we'll draft high there over DL or DB for the defensive side.

Gnutella
01-07-2010, 01:30 PM
In the first round, we will draft either Terrence Cody or Brandon Spikes. In the second round, we will draft Reshad Jones.

Steeldude
01-07-2010, 09:00 PM
glad your mock doesn't have a RB or TE with the first pick. i have seen other mocks with those positions being taken.

Steely McSmash
01-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Couple replies:

McCluster has played RB and WR -- I'm projecting him as a slot type guy.

As far as young LB, I think we have some backup caliber guys but Fox is the only starter quality guy and I don't think he's really the leader we'd need to take over for Farrior. Sean Lee has the physical and mental talents to fill that role.

At OLB the situation is maybe worse but it's pretty murky since we've been pretty healthy there and haven't seen much of the backups. Bailey, Woods, etc have been bounced on and off of the roster based on ST play so I think they're probably not outstanding starter level talent. Frazier is the top tier backup. Since these guys generally need the better part of a season to become 3-4 OLB, it's time to get somone in the pipeline. Sergio Kindle might even be a look in the first if it looks like a NT can be had later.