PDA

View Full Version : Arians to Steelers: The system worked.

Hayeksheroes
01-06-2010, 01:12 AM
Look, I've got 2 Superbowl rings. Big Ben loves me. An offense ranked 7th in the league. Don't point the finger at me. OK. I lost the Browns game. But I did not miss the field goals in Chicago, I did not drop the pass wide open in the endzone against the Bengals. I did not let 8 guys return kicks for touchdowns. I did not allow Chambers to get wide open in OT.

I did not allow 2nd String Journeyman score 21 points in the 4th quarter. I came back and engineered a win over Baltimore Ravens.

Did I mention Big Ben loves me?

So, shove it, Steeler Nation. Your problems are on the other side of the ball. Get your head out of your arse if you want to win next year.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Sharkissle29
01-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Hey Bruce,

:flipoff::flipoff::flipoff:

Rotorhead
01-06-2010, 01:25 AM
I also didnt actually watch any of the Steelers games, I didnt actually blame my self for "getting to greedy" and losing a game, I forgot how to score TD's in the redzone, I don't know how to make adjustments to my offense at halftime, I was bailed out last year by an exceptional defense and failed to return the favor this year in the fourth quarter to a mostly injured defense, I didnt actually win the Superbowl last season, Ben's no huddle call was the right one (unfortunately Santo dropped the wide open pass), my call was terrible and into double coverage, fortunately for me my excellent QB and receiver played it perfectly, I "never" call retarded plays at the absolute worst times either, even though my QB likes me, I consistently call 40yd pass plays that take 3-5s to develop while knowing my Oline is subpar get my QB killed more that he should, when something is working (no huddle, run game, etc) I change to something that doesnt for some unknown reason, I dont actually trust my QB in the no huddle, even though the offense moves right down the field with no problem when running it, the no huddle works with the short dink and dunk passing game and cut back running plays, however when not in the no huddle those plays are rarely called by me. I am the greatest OC EVER!!

/Sarcasm off

See ya, hope you like the fish.

tony hipchest
01-06-2010, 01:29 AM
Look, I've got 2 Superbowl rings. Big Ben loves me. An offense ranked 7th in the league. Don't point the finger at me. OK. I lost the Browns game. But I did not miss the field goals in Chicago, I did not drop the pass wide open in the endzone against the Bengals. I did not let 8 guys return kicks for touchdowns. I did not allow Chambers to get wide open in OT.

I did not allow 2nd String Journeyman score 21 points in the 4th quarter. I came back and engineered a win over Baltimore Ravens.

Did I mention Big Ben loves me?

So, shove it, Steeler Nation. Your problems are on the other side of the ball. Get your head out of your arse if you want to win next year.

So long and thanks for all the fish.you did lose the games to the browns. :hatsoff: (although you and tomlin still deny it and blame it on the players).

you didnt score more than a single offensive td vs the bears.

your offense did throw a pick six vs the bungles and fail to score a single td in the rematch.

8 guys did not return kicks for touchdowns. 4 of those td's were at the hands of YOUR offense.

why are we even talking about chambers when ben threw a pick six, wallace fumbled the ball after a huge reception, another int that was returned almost the entire length of the field that led to a fg, and one of those four ST returns on the opening KO?

when most offenses are lucky to have offensive possessions in a half alone, what the hell were the raiders doing with 3 in the final quarter?

screw the "comeback" vs the ravens. the season was hanging by a thin thread by that point anyways.

you shove it. :applaudit:

Hayeksheroes
01-06-2010, 01:35 AM
The Debate is over. The Discussion is settled. I'm a great OC.

Did I mention that Big Ben loves me?

lionslicer
01-06-2010, 01:35 AM
If you ran the ball and ran the clock when you were winning games, the defense wouldn't have had a chance to lose those games.

Hayeksheroes
01-06-2010, 01:47 AM
big ben has bad taste not only in women but also ocs

I took Big Ben from Midwest Bradshaw trash to Elite QB status. You can't argue with the numbers we produced.

Big Ben has never been better.

quick stats (2009)
TDS
INT
YDS
RTG

tony hipchest
01-06-2010, 01:56 AM
i like playing fantasy football too. :thumbsup:

Hayeksheroes
01-06-2010, 02:15 AM
i like playing fantasy football too. :thumbsup:

Did I mention I have 2 Superbowl rings?

steelerjim58
01-06-2010, 03:29 AM
I don't think that anyone will argue that the o didn't put up some nice numbers, but the most important one in the end is the points on the scoreboard. In 5 of our losses the offense scored 7 or less in the second half. In 4 of the wins they put up 7 or less.

MasterOfPuppets
01-06-2010, 03:38 AM
I don't think that anyone will argue that the o didn't put up some nice numbers, but the most important one in the end is the points on the scoreboard. In 5 of our losses the offense scored 7 or less in the second half. In 4 of the wins they put up 7 or less.
exactly and its been that way during arians tenure as OC... the difference is the D wasn't there to bail him out. we were 17th in the league in 3rd down %

Vincent
01-06-2010, 06:27 AM
If you ran the ball and ran the clock when you were winning games, the defense wouldn't have had a chance to lose those games.

That was the simple formula that BC won 110 of 111 games with when ahead by 10 points. It ain't deep.

mesaSteeler
01-06-2010, 06:46 AM
Arians garbage system has us in the bottom half of the league in third down conversions and touchdowns in the red zone. THAT DOES NOT WORK!

memphissteelergirl
01-06-2010, 09:21 AM

DING....DING....DING!!

Winner, winner....chicken dinner! :thumbsup:

Curtain_of_Steel
01-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Well said SteelerJim.

I also might add, last year, although it was a superbowl ring year. If it wasn't for the defense it would not even be close, and we might've been bumped out of the playoffs than as well. Enough about last year, as its hard to bash a ring year, lol

Chuck up the first Raven game with Dixon as a loss as well. 3 successful playaction passes, 1 called back, 1 a td, and 1 other a nice gain. These were in the first half, and 1 right out of the gate in the 2nd half, I think. 3 FOR 3. NEVER did he call it again.
I do not care what anyone says. BigBen likes to be out of the pocket, and its clear Dixon is not a true pocket passer and can scramble and is fast. I seen it many times this year with Ben, where he can scramble out and just doesnt and takes a sack. Like he is being told to not move. Hell, I'm yelling at him all game to move, LOL
But the Ravens game we shouldve run, he totally dropped the ball on the play calls in that game, and people are letting him off the hook because it was Dixon at the helm.
You create and call plays around what your QB can do, and is comfortable doing, IF it works. I think Arians tries to over think things. BB like the no huddle, I do not think he had one INT all year in the no huddle, however we rarely use it, unless we are in a 90 second game ending drive. Its stupid to not use weapons that you have.

BIGWILL90
01-06-2010, 01:18 PM

So true. And with that the defense stays rested on the sidelines, instead of being pressured at the end of these games. Also there are less chances for turnovers. When throwing the ball at the end of these games your keeping time on clock. Your turnover chances are more likely throwing the ball it be a interception or a sack/fumble.

stb_steeler
01-06-2010, 01:30 PM
DING....DING....DING!!

Winner, winner....chicken dinner! :thumbsup:

But they'll tell you the running game wasnt working at the press conferences.

Rek
01-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Does BA suck? No. A 4,00 yard QB, 2 1,000 yard receivers, and a 1,000 yard running back prove that.
Can we do better? Oh hell yeah.