PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't you think Shanny would be able to...

Vincent
01-06-2010, 07:13 AM
...wrangle more than $7M/yr out of "Mr Snyder"?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4799532

After giving Fat Albert $100M+?? $35M to run the Skins is chump change.

Well that sets the market. BC ain't gettin no damn $8M.

tony hipchest
01-06-2010, 09:37 PM
due to a clause in his old contract, pat bowlen now only owes 50% of the remainding portion of his contract, so he will still get an additional $4 mil for the next 2 years on top of his $7 mil salary.

while he was given full control, him and bruce allen both share the title of executive vice president of football operations in addition with coach and gm respectively.

shanahan wants allen there to handle contracts, the cap etc., and all decisions will be made as a team.

as for bill cowher, he NEVER was going to get $8 mil. only a retarded owner on the brink of desperation like al davis would overpay like that.

i dont know how people randomly plucked these arbitrary numbers out of the air for his asking price. hell, i even read the numbers going up to $10-12 mil per season! :rofl:

i guess it was based off the past contracts of shanahan and holmgren but those guys were gm's too who ran the entire operation! (their coaching suffered because of it too).

bill cowher has never managed a cap or done a contract a day in his life. sure he would like to run a draft and hire his own people, but he certainly doesnt want to be crunching numbers and dealing with agents.

that is not who he is.

lionslicer
01-06-2010, 11:03 PM
the reason he didn't get a bigger contract is because the Broncos are paying him 3 million a year for the next couple years because they fired him in the middle of his contract with them.