PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Hurt Even Worse???

SteelStang
01-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Everytime I click on SI/ESPN/CBSSports etc. I see these articles on playoff teams and predictions and my gut just turns even more. Even though I may be more productive at work, I'd much rather be reading about my team in the playoffs.

This really sucks:banging:

BlastFurnace
01-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Yes, I've hurt much worse. It's only a football team. They shouldn't affect any of our lives any more than some disappointment.

JEFF4i
01-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Yep, only football.

Disappointed sure, but only football. I spend more hours in the week watching The Wiggles than football now a days anyways, =D

SteelGhost
01-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Yes, I've hurt much worse. It's only a football team. They shouldn't affect any of our lives any more than some disappointment.

Absolutely :applaudit:

SteelC7
01-06-2010, 02:31 PM
i agree, its only football, of course were all upset about the steelers not makin the playoffs, but it shouldnt affect ur professional or personal life beyond just being disappointed. seriously, think about this: if they won the super bowl this year, wat do u get out of it? itr doesnt mean u, or me, or any of us gets a lombardi trophy or anything at all really. all we get is a sense of satisfaction which is cool, but it shouldnt affect ur life this much

vrabinec
01-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Everytime I click on SI/ESPN/CBSSports etc. I see these articles on playoff teams and predictions and my gut just turns even more. Even though I may be more productive at work, I'd much rather be reading about my team in the playoffs.

I'm depressed. I can't wait for the Super Bowl to be over so that everyone is in the same boat again, waiting for next year, talking about the draft, etc...Just feels like there's a party going on, we weren't invited, and all we hear is that laughter and the champagne glasses clinking down the hall as we go about our lives...

But maybe that's just me. (I might be better by the time the Super Bowl rolls around, and get a modicrum of joy out of watching it, but I doubt it.) This year stings more than usual.

wootawnee
01-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Least your team aint Detroit.........

FacemeIke
01-06-2010, 02:57 PM
It sucks because for me the football season is basically over. I watch little if any of the other teams in the NFL, especially once the Steelers have been eliminated. I've still never watched the Eagles/Pats super bowl that followed our AFCCG loss to the Pats. I live in Indy though so I may watch a little of the Colts.

fansince'76
01-06-2010, 03:24 PM
NWTbLdxYqrY

Atranox
01-06-2010, 03:58 PM
I've been avoiding ESPN & NFLN all week.

steelcity1974
01-06-2010, 05:53 PM
I was depressed when we lost to the Raiders. When we lost to the Browns, well, that's when I stopped letting it get to me. I figured if the players don't care enough to beat the Browns, how can I be this upset. That was comedy on grass if you ask me. The final three games were nice, but my heart was never really into it after the Browns game.

Bluedust
01-06-2010, 06:03 PM

Just enjoy the playoff matches without all the stress involved when our team is in it.

LVSteelersfan
01-06-2010, 06:09 PM
I don't stress nearly as much when the Steelers aren't in the playoffs. Of course I stress whenever the Cheatriots win a playoff game. Once they are done (and they will be this year) I can rest easy. The other teams I hate (Ratbirds, Bungles and Cryboys) are not good enough all around teams to go all the way this year. So hopefully I can enjoy the Colts, Chargers, Cardinals, Saints, Vikings (but not the Jets who do not deserve a playoff spot) while they cream the other teams out. I hope Baltimore creams the Cheatriots but I won't bet my house on it. Especially if Ed Reed is still on the sidelines. Then the Ratbirds can get creamed the next week by Indy or the Chargers.