PDA

View Full Version : To all the mourning Bungles fans out there

OldschoolSteelerFan
01-31-2006, 09:41 AM
Well, well, well.....I figured the the Ohio River would be flooding, what with all the crying in Bungle-town after the ass-whoopin put on the "mighty Bengals" in the playoff opener. You people amaze me....there is ALWAYS an excuse why you lose, and since you have been losers forever, there are millions of those excuses. First off, Palmer got injured by a clean play, so GET OVER IT! Second, everyone has to play with injured starters, and your team is no exception. Third, it's a new year, but SAME OLD BENGALS. You know, I made the four hour drive to watch the regular season Steelers win, and I proudly sported my Roethlisberger jersey, to which I was greeted with "Hey Worthlessberger" more times than necessary. But, nonetheless, I went inside, where I heard the endless whining and griping of many years of built up frustrations from the Bengal faithful. I heard "Who-Dey" until I wanted to puke. I saw the pitiful attempt at the Bengal fans to imitate the Terrible Towel with their little orange crying towels. In the last quarter, I saw the "Bengal Faithful" heading to the exits like someone had just yelled "FIRE!!" as they knew it was the SAME OLD BENGALS representing them on that day. I guess what I'm getting at is, nestle into your warm homes on Superbowl Sunday with your little orange towels in hand, and watch the best damn team in the NFL dismantle the Seahawks, even though we heard "This is our division now" from you just a few short weeks ago. Congrats on winning the battle, but watch who wins the whole damn war. " To be the man, you've gotta beat the man.....Whooooooh!".....(Rick Flair)

Livinginthe past
01-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Well, well, well.....I figured the the Ohio River would be flooding, what with all the crying in Bungle-town after the ass-whoopin put on the "mighty Bengals" in the playoff opener. You people amaze me....there is ALWAYS an excuse why you lose, and since you have been losers forever, there are millions of those excuses. First off, Palmer got injured by a clean play, so GET OVER IT! Second, everyone has to play with injured starters, and your team is no exception. Third, it's a new year, but SAME OLD BENGALS. You know, I made the four hour drive to watch the regular season Steelers win, and I proudly sported my Roethlisberger jersey, to which I was greeted with "Hey Worthlessberger" more times than necessary. But, nonetheless, I went inside, where I heard the endless whining and griping of many years of built up frustrations from the Bengal faithful. I heard "Who-Dey" until I wanted to puke. I saw the pitiful attempt at the Bengal fans to imitate the Terrible Towel with their little orange crying towels. In the last quarter, I saw the "Bengal Faithful" heading to the exits like someone had just yelled "FIRE!!" as they knew it was the SAME OLD BENGALS representing them on that day. I guess what I'm getting at is, nestle into your warm homes on Superbowl Sunday with your little orange towels in hand, and watch the best damn team in the NFL dismantle the Seahawks, even though we heard "This is our division now" from you just a few short weeks ago. Congrats on winning the battle, but watch who wins the whole damn war. " To be the man, you've gotta beat the man.....Whooooooh!".....(Rick Flair)

Wow Oldschool,

thats pretty brave of you to come in here and call out some Bengal fans right after you reach the SB....feel better now that you have that off your chest?

Can you say bandwagon?

NM

OldschoolSteelerFan
01-31-2006, 12:11 PM
uhhhh....Bandwagon? as the name might imply to the fairly intelligent, I have been a fan since the seventies, and having endured smack talk by pathetic Bengals fans for decades now, I have earned the right to call them out. Now go watch your Pats in the Superbo....oh, sorry.....maybe next year.

augustashark
01-31-2006, 01:35 PM
uhhhh....Bandwagon? as the name might imply to the fairly intelligent, I have been a fan since the seventies, and having endured smack talk by pathetic Bengals fans for decades now, I have earned the right to call them out. Now go watch your Pats in the Superbo....oh, sorry.....maybe next year.

Uh....LITP, I think he's got you! BTW is all your posts this week going to include "Bandwagon"? Just wondering!

Livinginthe past
01-31-2006, 04:02 PM

You are telling me that you are 40+ and your first post on a new forum is a monologue about how much the Bengals stink?

Looks like it has started something of a riot though eh? Maybe you should have posted it...say....sometime directly after the Steelers beat the Bengals.

By the way, everyones nicknames aren't literal - for example, I am quite literally living in the present...not the past.

NM

Livinginthe past
01-31-2006, 04:06 PM
Uh....LITP, I think he's got you! BTW is all your posts this week going to include "Bandwagon"? Just wondering!

AugustaStalker,

I hope you are gaining some self respect following me around from post to post like this - you're acting like a little girl who can't accept she has been dumped - sorry I hurt your feelings doll - but its time to move on.

I have made quite a few posts this week - maybe you could dig up 2 or 3 of them that mention bandwagon?

No?

Thought not.

Nevermind there is still time left in the day for one of your 'gay smack' routines...they really ARE in a majority of your posts - doesn't take Freud to see whats going on there.

NM

Ruck Fules
01-31-2006, 04:16 PM

Welcome to 3 weeks ago.

bengalsfan21
01-31-2006, 04:18 PM
I must agree with LITP you wait until your in the Super Bowl to come talk your smack, where were you a few months back with the real Steeler fans......Or were you deciding on which bandwagon to jump on, explain to me in general what makes the Steelers better then the Bengals....And please include recent stats with your "opinions" bc the past is the past like some Steeler fans have also stated....Also whoever dwells in the past is only afraid of the future, soon your name will change to "Oldschoolbengalsfan" and you will do this same shit and say the Steelers suck when the Bengals are in the super bowl.
Again please use recent stats with your "opinions".

BB2W
01-31-2006, 04:26 PM
explain to me in general what makes the Steelers better then the Bengals....And please include recent stats.
I'll give it a shot... Steelers are 4-1 in the last five games vs. the Bengals. :rolleyes:

bengalsfan21
01-31-2006, 04:29 PM
I'll give it a shot... Steelers are 4-1 in the last five games vs. the Bengals. :rolleyes:

And they played the same "easy" schedule the Bengals had in the beginning of the season :dang:

Milkman
01-31-2006, 06:45 PM
The only stat that really matters is Super Bowl wins.

Every player, coach, and team (as an organization) is ultimately judged on SB wins.

Period.

CantStop85
01-31-2006, 08:01 PM
You can make your name OldSchoolSteelersFan and say that you've been a fan since the seventies all you want, that doesn't mean it's true. For all we know, you're a 12 year old from Turkey who just heard of the steelers today from this forum.

How about next time you try talking smack about a team that you have played/will play within a 2 week span?

Motley Nate
01-31-2006, 08:05 PM

You're new and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you quoted the Nature Boy, but it wouldn't have hurt to read some old posts on the subject 3 weeks ago. I'm sorry you had to experience the other side of fans but it comes with the territory. Put on the colors and somebody is going to love or hate you. It's a part of being a fan.

Black and Yellow/Gold aren't popular colors in Ohio, as I'm sure stripes aren't the most accepted attire in Pittsburgh. I wore my Ohio State jersey to the game in Michigan this past year. Ohio State won and despite keeping my mouth shut I still ran into trouble just for simply wearing the jersey. People get that way NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE.

OldschoolSteelerFan
02-01-2006, 03:33 PM
You are telling me that you are 40+ and your first post on a new forum is a monologue about how much the Bengals stink?

Looks like it has started something of a riot though eh? Maybe you should have posted it...say....sometime directly after the Steelers beat the Bengals.

By the way, everyones nicknames aren't literal - for example, I am quite literally living in the present...not the past.

NM

For your info, litp, I just stumbled onto this site in some of my very limited spare time, so yes, it was a little belated. However, with the Bengals fans still talking their shit about how they would have (insert uncontrollable sobbing) beaten those mean old Steelers if they had Palmer and then THEY would be in the big game, I felt compelled to answer them. So, I'll get back to my real job, which is, obviously, not combing through threads on the web so I can feel like I got the last word. Good luck to your Pats, and we'll rejoice in the 5th title for the Steelers come Sunday. By the way, Steve Grogan and Stanley Morgan were a few of the "oldschool Patriots" in case you weren't a fan back then, and happened to jump on the "bandwagon" with the rest of the Patriot fans.

OldschoolSteelerFan
02-01-2006, 03:38 PM
You're new and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you quoted the Nature Boy, but it wouldn't have hurt to read some old posts on the subject 3 weeks ago. I'm sorry you had to experience the other side of fans but it comes with the territory. Put on the colors and somebody is going to love or hate you. It's a part of being a fan.

Black and Yellow/Gold aren't popular colors in Ohio, as I'm sure stripes aren't the most accepted attire in Pittsburgh. I wore my Ohio State jersey to the game in Michigan this past year. Ohio State won and despite keeping my mouth shut I still ran into trouble just for simply wearing the jersey. People get that way NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE.

Hey man, I welcome that when I go to the game, but just because Palmer is the second coming of David Klingler or Akili Smith, (but this time with actual talent), I don't want them in my face telling me about how it's no longer the Steelers' division. I actually told a few of them that it was cool now that the Bengals were doing well, so that there is actually something at stake when they play. So, I'm not holding a grudge, just know where your place is when you get put in it.

OldschoolSteelerFan
02-01-2006, 03:40 PM
You can make your name OldSchoolSteelersFan and say that you've been a fan since the seventies all you want, that doesn't mean it's true. For all we know, you're a 12 year old from Turkey who just heard of the steelers today from this forum.

How about next time you try talking smack about a team that you have played/will play within a 2 week span?

Once again, I just found this site...didn't have spare time....blah, blah, blah......now go back and read Carson's blog to see if he can wipe by himself today. And to you, I'll let you know that Ken Anderson and David Fulcher were some good oldschool Bengals, because I'm sure you might have to go ask someone older than you who they were.

OldschoolSteelerFan
02-01-2006, 03:46 PM
I must agree with LITP you wait until your in the Super Bowl to come talk your smack, where were you a few months back with the real Steeler fans......Or were you deciding on which bandwagon to jump on, explain to me in general what makes the Steelers better then the Bengals....And please include recent stats with your "opinions" bc the past is the past like some Steeler fans have also stated....Also whoever dwells in the past is only afraid of the future, soon your name will change to "Oldschoolbengalsfan" and you will do this same shit and say the Steelers suck when the Bengals are in the super bowl.
Again please use recent stats with your "opinions".

Man, your pic looks just like half the fans in that crazy stadium! (see signature quote) What makes the Steelers better than the Bengals? You want the first volume or second, because it would take a friggin' while. And, you are just like the fairweather Bengals fans that I have always known, who are livin' it up now, but were callin in to 700 WLW crying after every single game just a couple of years ago, complaining about how pathetic the team and the owner was. Once again, I just found this site, and you can refer to my other posts to the genius-laden population that came out swingin when I posted it.

Blitzburgh32
02-01-2006, 04:20 PM
hey OSSF, whats goin on in here man, im brand new to this sight, and here to battle the bungle fans with you....and as far as you "bengalfans since04" go, i can vouch for OSSF, a tried and true steeler diehard, as is yours truly. And as far as it goes, there is no such thing as a true bengals fan. You can tell that as soon as you walk into Pittsinatti, when "their home field" is decorated in black and gold

Blitzburgh32
02-01-2006, 04:26 PM
yeah, we put up with you guys when boomer, ickey, james brooks, david fulcher, tim "OH MY LEG" krumCRY and the rest of those punks in the 80s and early 90s while we relied on the arm of mark malone, bubby brister, the legs of frank pollard, merrill hoge, the pass catching of louis "the second coming" lipps, weegie thompson and so on. Your doubting the wrong people here, jack, cuz we can talk all about the forgotten era, the mediocre 80s. Hell anybody can talk Black and Gold 70s, ill talk the 80s with you if you and give you a reason to argue your point. Cuz even as bad as the 80s was, we were still better than your bungles.

Milkman
02-01-2006, 06:35 PM
OSSF says it like it is.

When these guys start trying to say someone is a fairweather fan just by looking at when you "joined a website", it makes me laugh at how short-sighted they are.

Just because someone joined the site today doesn't mean they were never a fan of the Steelers. Maybe that person had more important things to worry about or maybe never even had a computer until recently.

But they never stop to "think", they just want to put someone down because of their own insecurities...and the shortcomings of their own team.

:peace:

CantStop85
02-01-2006, 09:26 PM
OSSF says it like it is.

When these guys start trying to say someone is a fairweather fan just by looking at when you "joined a website", it makes me laugh at how short-sighted they are.

Just because someone joined the site today doesn't mean they were never a fan of the Steelers. Maybe that person had more important things to worry about or maybe never even had a computer until recently.

But they never stop to "think", they just want to put someone down because of their own insecurities...and the shortcomings of their own team.

:peace:
Just seems a little suspicious when a fan doesn't start posting on a forum until their team is in the superbowl, you know what I mean? Do I have any doubts that OSSF has been a long time steelers fan? No. But, would it be best to join a forum and immediately start talking smack 3 weeks after you beat a team? Probably not.

Regardless, welcome to SF, OSSF. I hope you enjoy watching the steelers in the superbowl this year because next year you'll be stuck watching the Bungles win it all. :blurp:

tony hipchest
02-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Regardless, welcome to SF, OSSF. I hope you enjoy watching the steelers in the superbowl this year because next year you'll be stuck watching the Bungles win it all. :blurp:

wow.... dont take long for you bengal fans to catch on. you sound like a ravenfan w/o the hardware.

welcome to thinking you can actually compete.

Motley Nate
02-02-2006, 01:12 AM
Joy...

You gotta love the ire of true hatred between the fan bases of rival teams. The game has been over for weeks but it's still being played on every messageboard known to mankind. Every fan base has their share of chimps. It's a Steeler site so the focus is on the Curious George's of the striped folk as it is on a Bengals site over the Grape Apes of the steel yellow.

I give it two more posts before the word "owned" is busted out.

:coffee:

Livinginthe past
02-02-2006, 01:16 AM
For your info, litp, I just stumbled onto this site in some of my very limited spare time, so yes, it was a little belated. However, with the Bengals fans still talking their shit about how they would have (insert uncontrollable sobbing) beaten those mean old Steelers if they had Palmer and then THEY would be in the big game, I felt compelled to answer them. So, I'll get back to my real job, which is, obviously, not combing through threads on the web so I can feel like I got the last word. Good luck to your Pats, and we'll rejoice in the 5th title for the Steelers come Sunday. By the way, Steve Grogan and Stanley Morgan were a few of the "oldschool Patriots" in case you weren't a fan back then, and happened to jump on the "bandwagon" with the rest of the Patriot fans.

I cannot believe that you would question my fan credentials - I happen to be a massive fan of both Stanley Grogan and Steve Morgan - if we can get them fit for next year I think we can go all the way to the SB!

Back to reality, I could care less what name you have chosen to give yourself....if I called myself Boeing747 you think I could convincingly claim that I fly people around the world for a living?

You showed up 3 weeks after the game was over - and started a brand new thread - right before your teams appears in the SB - pure conincidence I am sure.

I hope you can find the time to reply to this - your time is obviously very precious.

NM

augustashark
02-02-2006, 01:25 AM
I cannot believe that you would question my fan credentials - I happen to be a massive fan of both Stanley Grogan and Steve Morgan - if we can get them fit for next year I think we can go all the way to the SB!

NM

Come on LITP, little bait here?

augustashark
02-02-2006, 01:34 AM
AugustaStalker,

I hope you are gaining some self respect following me around from post to post like this - you're acting like a little girl who can't accept she has been dumped - sorry I hurt your feelings doll - but its time to move on.

I have made quite a few posts this week - maybe you could dig up 2 or 3 of them that mention bandwagon?

No?

Thought not.

Nevermind there is still time left in the day for one of your 'gay smack' routines...they really ARE in a majority of your posts - doesn't take Freud to see whats going on there.

NM

Well maybe you will figure out one day that when someone posts some of these stupid posts we have seen here in the last two weeks that I respond with as much BS as I see fit!

I also think you can find maybe a hundred or two of your posts within the last two weeks :pw: and see that I did not reply to any of them. Sounds like you would love for me to follow you around......Lonely?

Lastly I will say that your biggest smack since I've been here is either newbie or bandwagon smack! Just because someone comes to this site today does not make them a bandwagon jumper just because you say so...It amazes me how you are the lord of who is and who is not a bandwagon fan.....Hell for all we know you did'nt even follow the pats until 01.....It would'nt be fair of me to call you a bandwagon fan......Unless you tell me your fav basketball team is the Bulls!

augustashark
02-02-2006, 01:51 AM
Lets be quite honest here - the rep serves little or no purpose.

People dont get positive repped for 'good posts' they get positive repped for posts that are pro-steelers - even if they are barely 2 lines long.

Some posters wil have 80 posts and about 50 rep points - you look at what they have typed and it is just variations on 'Go Steelers' and 'The Steelers kick ass'

I would go along with Koopa - you should be able to sign off on your rep of someone elses post - why should it be anonymous?

The ever so polite Steelerzgirl with her kooky turns of phrase (lol), baby, darling etc thinks nothing of neg repping 3 consecutive posts because you made her look silly - and doing it anonymously too.

At least I signed off when I neg-repped her 10 times back! Childish? You bet! But what goes around comes around.

NM

And this to me tells me and should tell everyone else here who you really are! Pathetic

Livinginthe past
02-02-2006, 09:19 AM
And this to me tells me and should tell everyone else here who you really are! Pathetic

3 posts in a row AugustaStalker?

Hurt someones feelings have I?

Its unhealthy to develop such a fixation with one person - your profile tells us all we needs to know about you.

Interests:
Picking on LITP

I'm LITP'S manager

Maybe you should change it - it just makes you look a little weird.

NM

augustashark
02-02-2006, 01:11 PM
3 posts in a row AugustaStalker?

Hurt someones feelings have I?

Its unhealthy to develop such a fixation with one person - your profile tells us all we needs to know about you.

Maybe you should change it - it just makes you look a little weird.

NM

Good, weird was what I was going for!

augustashark
02-02-2006, 01:19 PM
BTW, I'm not the person who dinged someone 10 times in a row! The thing that is funny about your post is your bitching about people giving bad reps and not signing off.....Hell the only neg reps I've received are from you, but I had to research it to find it was you because you did not sign off on your neg rep! Kinda neat how you talk out of both sides of your mouth. Don't you need to get back to your mock draft that you pats fans are worried about!

Grey
02-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Welcome to SteelersFever, OldSchoolSteelersFan. You are right; Bungles fans are pathetic, and I don't care how many weeks old that Wildcard victory is, you can talk about it all you want.

You'll find a lot of members on this site that are fans of other teams but spend an awful lot of time on this Steelers site. It's kind of sad. I think most of them wish they were part of the Steelers Nation way down deep inside, but, sadly, fate has dealt them a different hand.

Here we go.
Grey

CantStop85
02-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Welcome to SteelersFever, OldSchoolSteelersFan. You are right; Bungles fans are pathetic, and I don't care how many weeks old that Wildcard victory is, you can talk about it all you want.

You'll find a lot of members on this site that are fans of other teams but spend an awful lot of time on this Steelers site. It's kind of sad. I think most of them wish they were part of the Steelers Nation way down deep inside, but, sadly, fate has dealt them a different hand.

Here we go.
Grey
Yeah...fate made me a Bengals fan, it had absolutely nothing to do with personal choice. :blurp: If I wanted to be a steelers fan, I would...fortunately I don't, nor will I ever.

Livinginthe past
02-02-2006, 06:55 PM
BTW, I'm not the person who dinged someone 10 times in a row! The thing that is funny about your post is your bitching about people giving bad reps and not signing off.....Hell the only neg reps I've received are from you, but I had to research it to find it was you because you did not sign off on your neg rep! Kinda neat how you talk out of both sides of your mouth. Don't you need to get back to your mock draft that you pats fans are worried about!

Well thats another lie isn't it AugustaStalker?

I always sign off on my rep - maybe you would like to explain to me what sort of 'research' you did to 'discover' it was me that left the neg rep?

You are too tight to donate $10 or whatever to this forum - and as I understand it - that is about the only way you can find out who repped you....unless of course you asked a mod?

You will be pleased to know that I am laughing at you right now you little oddball - but let me guess...oddball was what you were trying for right?

NM

Livinginthe past
02-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Yeah...fate made me a Bengals fan, it had absolutely nothing to do with personal choice. :blurp: If I wanted to be a steelers fan, I would...fortunately I don't, nor will I ever.

Hang in there 85,

I think the goodtimes are just around the corner for the Bengals - this year was a nice step up to playoff level. Your D will be more experienced next year - especially those rookies Thurman etc.

Next year should be very competitive in the AFC North.

NM

lambert4president58
02-02-2006, 08:14 PM
You can let all them frontrunner patriots fans talk. There were no pat fans outside of the New England area and now 3 super bowls later half of the worlds population are patriots fans. As for the Bengals. They suck period. You can talk about that so called cheap shot but just remember this, This Sunday we'll be playing while your beloved bengals are sitting on their couch watching the game.

CantStop85
02-02-2006, 09:51 PM
You can let all them frontrunner patriots fans talk. There were no pat fans outside of the New England area and now 3 super bowls later half of the worlds population are patriots fans. As for the Bengals. They suck period. You can talk about that so called cheap shot but just remember this, This Sunday we'll be playing while your beloved bengals are sitting on their couch watching the game.
All teams have bandwagon fans when they start playing really well...get over it.

Once again, enjoy your superbowl visit...the Bengals are still a team on the rise, this was only their first year making the playoffs. A couple of defensive players here and there for the Bengals and they should be neck and neck with the Steelers for years to come.