PDA

View Full Version : Who ya pullin for now?

acumen
01-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Our seasons done. And that sucks. Who are you rooting for in the playoffs now?

I really like New Orleans and Indy, but always have trouble rooting for #1 seeds unless they're my team.

I want Green Bay to beat Minnesota for poetic justice, but beyond that I'd actually like to see Minny or Philly emerge out of the NFC.

In prior years I would've liked to see the Chargers go far, but I don't like their team as much this year. Baltimore is the closest of any of the teams in the playoffs to playing my kinda football but they're the damn ratbirds (They're gonna be scary going forward guys... Oher, Flacco, Rice, McClain, Gaither, Heap is the makings of a damn really offense if they can get a good wideout this summer.) and then theres the Jets, Bengals and Pats. Booooooo.

So put me down as rooting for a Eagles-Colts final.

How about you guys?

plenewken
01-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Penguins

Atranox
01-06-2010, 02:56 PM
If I had to choose one, I really don't mind the Packers.

Wouldn't have minded seeing Manning get another ring, but I really want them to get their asses kicked for mailing it in at their last home game & blowing their chances for a perfect season. That's just really damn weak in my opinion..

stlrtruck
01-06-2010, 03:43 PM
This weekend ravens and jets
Through it all saints (maybe the packers if the saints get eliminated)

SC Gamecokk
01-06-2010, 03:45 PM
I wanna see sidney rice get a ring...guy was a stud at carolina and a real classy guy! therefore, minnesota

if phillip rivers wins a ring, i'll throw up! can't stand that arrogant prick!

St33lersguy
01-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Penguins

:iagree:

vrabinec
01-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Penguins

Ditto

I can't bring myself to root for other teams, particularly not ones from our division or conference, or America's Team, or dog killers, or teams with former Steeler coaches as head coaches, or teams with 40 year old quarterbacks that the media treats like Gods, ...basically, none of them. I suppose the Packers are the least of all evils, but I don't pull for 'em, I just don't pull against 'em like I do the others because their fans were very nice to me when I tailgated at Lambeau in 2005.

Burghfan58
01-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Saints and Chargers for the Bowl. The worst case scenario would be the Pats vs. the Cowboys. That would make me ill. :yuck:

supa_fly_steeler
01-06-2010, 04:08 PM
i would like to see revis shut out ochostinko and i would love to see favre screw up over the packers JUSTICE!!!

other than that im just going to enjoy watching the playoffs this year.

steelcity1974
01-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Hope the Saints win it. Can't really hate a team like that and a city that has been through so much pain on and off the field. Plus, Brees is a class act...and I'm a Purdue grad, so...

ljk2442
01-06-2010, 05:03 PM
I want Phillip RIvers and the chargers to win it, its there chance... I root for AFC teams.. CHARGERS VS. PACKERS

SteelC7
01-06-2010, 05:22 PM
i wanna see new orleans get a lombardi trophy, or maybe minnesota, cuz they lost so many times in the past. i wanna see how it shakes out, i just really dont wanna see cincy win even one game

GoSlash27
01-06-2010, 05:23 PM
I'll be rooting for Green Bay. I've always respected and admired that franchise.

casteeler
01-06-2010, 05:31 PM
texans vs philly , i really dislike phillip rivers and i wanna see the colts and the pats get shut out in their games

NJarhead
01-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Saints.

Texasteel
01-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Have to go with the Saints. Hope they get back on track in a hurry.

steeltheone
01-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Well since the colts pulled that stunt......Patriots Eagles...Wont lose sleep over any of it.

ljk2442
01-06-2010, 06:54 PM
I was a North Carolina St fan, so i like Phillip Rivers, people just cant stand his ****iness attitude... hes a competitor, a damn good one.... every one hates people like that....

Fifty8
01-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Saints or Favre vs Texans -- hate the other AFC teams and don't really like any other NFC teams.

Balls of Steel
01-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Um two people have said "Texans" they're not in the playoffs!

devilsdancefloor
01-06-2010, 09:39 PM
colbert to draft a awesome class

steelpride12
01-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Yupp the Pens. Just a huge homer who has no respect or could ever cheer for another team.

Fifty8
01-06-2010, 09:45 PM

uh, yeah, I was one of them - that would be jets right - sorry brain fart kept thinking texans after they won and f'ed us up - LOL

so forget the AFC - I hate all of 'em

GO SAINTS or Favre

KYsteelfan
01-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Im pulling for the colts and packers now. ive always liked the colts as long as they arent playing us. but really now that steeler football is over I can devote 100% to my 15-0 Cats. Time for a national Championship in April. Go big blue

casteeler
01-06-2010, 10:48 PM

i guess when the steelers lost i just didn't care enough to see who was in or out.

nikstar
01-07-2010, 12:17 PM
wow, im going to say im surprised im the first to say it but uhh

afc-chargers
nfc-arizona

chargers are my second fav team in the nfl.. i love tomlinson's history almost as much as i love bettis.. guess i got a thing for great runningbacks

but i mean let's be honest, ex- steeler coaches, we know they showed the absolute basics last week and will be much more prepared come this sunday, also from last year we know that fitz and some other players on that team are true playoff players. Beenie can run hard, and if the run game is opened properly by the pass than Arz WILL beat Gb. The whole cards defense is ballhawks and we all know aaron rodgers is far from tier 1 quality when it all comes down to it. I could be wrong but of all teams left in this horrible playoff tournament I will be rocking my powder blue tomlinson aswell as my homefield fitz jerseys.

i mean they practically are the steelers players and coaches of a few years ago right?

Nadroj 20
01-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Pitt Panthers

Heck yea Pitt basketball!! :thumbsup:

StainlessStill
01-07-2010, 12:29 PM
I personally think the Eagles are going to hoist the Lombardi this season, but there's NO DOUBT who I'm rooting for, and that's the Green Bay Packers. They are not only a mirror image of us, but they also have one of the best fanbase in the entire league and deserves it. Next to us of course. :flap::tt04:

MDSteel15
01-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Saints and Chargers for the Bowl. The worst case scenario would be the Pats vs. the Cowboys. That would make me ill. :yuck:

This would make it the first Super Bowl I didn't watch! :popcorn:

MDSteel15
01-07-2010, 01:11 PM
wow, im going to say im surprised im the first to say it but uhh

afc-chargers
nfc-arizona

chargers are my second fav team in the nfl.. i love tomlinson's history almost as much as i love bettis.. guess i got a thing for great runningbacks

but i mean let's be honest, ex- steeler coaches, we know they showed the absolute basics last week and will be much more prepared come this sunday, also from last year we know that fitz and some other players on that team are true playoff players. Beenie can run hard, and if the run game is opened properly by the pass than Arz WILL beat Gb. The whole cards defense is ballhawks and we all know aaron rodgers is far from tier 1 quality when it all comes down to it. I could be wrong but of all teams left in this horrible playoff tournament I will be rocking my powder blue tomlinson aswell as my homefield fitz jerseys.

i mean they practically are the steelers players and coaches of a few years ago right?

I picked this at the beginning of the year but the Cards have too many injuries...

Nadroj 20
01-07-2010, 01:11 PM

That would be terrible!

I would have to kinda want to see the pats win just so the boys didnt have 6 SB like us.....but boy that wouldnt be a fun superbowl to watch :doh:

xbroughneck
01-07-2010, 01:20 PM
I think Minnesota (who plays offense like I want the Steelers to play offense) vs. San Diego would be my ideal Super Bowl.

I live here in Southern Cal, so I might as well root for the Chargers to make it...but I wouldn't mind the Vikings (who we beat) winning it all. I have this thing about rooting for teams that run the ball like they know what the F they are doing.

I'd root for the Ravens (because of their brand of football) if I didn't hate them so much.

Hmmm...maybe New Orleans?!?! That would be a pretty special thing for the Saints to win it all this year. I just ain't sure they are good enough. They had a weak finish to their season.

scsteeler
01-07-2010, 02:21 PM
I wanna see sidney rice get a ring...guy was a stud at carolina and a real classy guy! therefore, minnesota

if phillip rivers wins a ring, i'll throw up! can't stand that arrogant prick!

Sidney was not bad when he played high School ball either he gave my old high school fits.

I think the final two will be Chargers and Packers. But you can never count Indy out.

TheBus360
01-07-2010, 03:00 PM
saints.

Acerinox
01-08-2010, 04:31 AM
Anyone whatsoever apart from the Patriots
or the Ravens
or the Bengals
or the Cowboys

It'd be nice for Arizona to get a ring but I have twenty quid on Minnesota making the SuperBowl

Rotorhead
01-08-2010, 04:48 AM
I hope that it is the Saints and the Chargers, with the Saints winning just for the way they handled the Brees situation. Also because I liked Marty Shottenheimer (sp?) and think Norv Turner is one of the worst coaches in the NFL and doesnt deserve that position. I just hope Brees gets a ring before that loser Rivers. BTW, did I mention how much I dislike Rivers . . . yeah, the media darling that is (according to the bobble heads) and "elite" QB, hate him!

stb_steeler
01-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Our seasons done. And that sucks. Who are you rooting for in the playoffs now?

I really like New Orleans and Indy, but always have trouble rooting for #1 seeds unless they're my team.

I want Green Bay to beat Minnesota for poetic justice, but beyond that I'd actually like to see Minny or Philly emerge out of the NFC.

In prior years I would've liked to see the Chargers go far, but I don't like their team as much this year. Baltimore is the closest of any of the teams in the playoffs to playing my kinda football but they're the damn ratbirds (They're gonna be scary going forward guys... Oher, Flacco, Rice, McClain, Gaither, Heap is the makings of a damn really offense if they can get a good wideout this summer.) and then theres the Jets, Bengals and Pats. Booooooo.

So put me down as rooting for a Eagles-Colts final.

How about you guys?

Screw the Eagles...I dont want to hear that forever....them winning their first SB around here would be like us winning 6.....:rofl:

toughsticks87
01-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Here's who I don't want to win, in this order;

Ratbirds
Bungles
Cheatriots

After that, I really don't care.

toughsticks87
01-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Oh and I have a lot of respect for Arizona after last year's SB, I wouldn't mind seeing them take it all.

markymarc
01-08-2010, 04:28 PM
I would like to see the Green Bay Packers and San Diego Chargers meet in the Super Bowl. I am pulling for the Packers to win it all!