PDA

View Full Version : Oline

Dylan
01-06-2010, 04:08 PM
I actually do not see the oline as a big need this year, but since im thinking that the steelers possibly might go that direction....guard isnt an issue because ii believe urbik will be in there soon and kemoateau is solid...center is a need but is there any good ones worth a first or even a second round pick? tackle could also be a possibility but it seems like management likes colon and starks....
My question is what lineman is best suited for the steelers?

I like Anthony Davis out of Rutgers, but he probably won't be there by the time we pick

taztroy43
01-07-2010, 01:31 AM
Mike Lupati G....that guy is a BEAST!!!!!!

Texasteel
01-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Just read this morning that Bryan Bulaga LT of the Iowa Hawkeyes will be leaving school and enter the draft.

revefsreleets
01-07-2010, 12:12 PM
LT is still an issue, if for no other reason than we have zero depth (Hills? Too many question marks).

I don't think they'll draft OL in the first round unless someone falls to them...

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Matt Tennant of Boston College is probably the top center and is likely a 2nd round prospect. Dont think we go there with Hartwig having 3 years left on his contract and Legursky also on the roster. I think we can get a decent OT prospect in the 2nd round.

I also think there will be blue chip LT at #18, but we have other needs.

Steely McSmash
01-10-2010, 11:09 AM
I would consider Charles Brown OT or Iupati OG in the first to be solid picks. Not what I would go for but definitely respectable value.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-10-2010, 03:18 PM
I dont know if we will see any guard taken at pick #18 or earlier. I think there will be 3 OT's taken by then though.

I think Steely means Anthony Davis from Rutgers, not Charles Davis from the NFL Network. :noidea:

MasterOfPuppets
01-10-2010, 06:51 PM
I dont know if we will see any guard taken at pick #18 or earlier. I think there will be 3 OT's taken by then though.

I think Steely means Anthony Davis from Rutgers, not Charles Davis from the NFL Network. :noidea: i wouldn't be opposed to taking Lupati at 18 . i'd rather have him than buluga or trent williams. the steelers still have the same issues in short yardage and essex wasn't the answer. urbik couldn't even earn a uni over an udfa. did you watch idaho's bowl game ?

Aussie_steeler
01-11-2010, 01:02 AM
i wouldn't be opposed to taking Lupati at 18 . i'd rather have him than buluga or trent williams. the steelers still have the same issues in short yardage and essex wasn't the answer. urbik couldn't even earn a uni over an udfa. did you watch idaho's bowl game ?

In that bowl game there were quite a few comparisons to Alan Faneca and Iupati's pulling ability.

If Iupati dominates at the senior bowl game he will be a potential top 20 pick. He is a guy that Andy Reid would absolutely love ( and after the way they played against Dallas they need to get better on O line) and try to trade up for.

Heard a story during the bowl game broadcast that he (iupati) asked the coach to sit down on the bus when he went to collect he rubbish. Iupati got up and collected all the rubbish on the bus. Apparently he is a gentle giant with fantastic polynesian values and attitudes.

I would take him if McClain, Haden and Thomas are gone.

MasterOfPuppets
01-11-2010, 02:43 AM
In that bowl game there were quite a few comparisons to Alan Faneca and Iupati's pulling ability.

If Iupati dominates at the senior bowl game he will be a potential top 20 pick. He is a guy that Andy Reid would absolutely love ( and after the way they played against Dallas they need to get better on O line) and try to trade up for.

Heard a story during the bowl game broadcast that he (iupati) asked the coach to sit down on the bus when he went to collect he rubbish. Iupati got up and collected all the rubbish on the bus. Apparently he is a gentle giant with fantastic polynesian values and attitudes.

I would take him if McClain, Haden and Thomas are gone.

yeah i heard the trash story.... they highlighted quite a few of his blocks. the guy is a TRUE roadgrader from what i've seen of him. the middle of the line is still weak and gets no push. this guy could help out big in that department. maybe then we wouldn't have to throw the ball on 3rd and short. plus he may be able to play right guard which a guy like williams or buluga would probably end up playing anyway..

Steely McSmash
01-11-2010, 12:24 PM

I think Steely means Anthony Davis from Rutgers, not Charles Davis from the NFL Network. :noidea:

Actually I inteded to type Charles Brown from USC. Converted TE, All Pac 10.