PDA

View Full Version : Ken Laird=Mike Prisuta

Raw Steel
01-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Prisuta ruined his credibility with the Russ Grimm report. Eventually, he was pushed out the door of the Trib. Now, Laird has no credibility. Let's see if ESPN cans him.

steelcity1974
01-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Agree...how do you report that the Steelers are going to fire the OC without having a valid source. This is very shotty reporting.

BlastFurnace
01-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Prisuta ruined his credibility with the Russ Grimm report. Eventually, he was pushed out the door of the Trib. Now, Laird has no credibility. Let's see if ESPN cans him.

That's not entirely accurate. Grimm has said that he was also told he had the job. Something happened regarding the hiring of Tomlin that the fans will never by privy to.

Raw Steel
01-06-2010, 04:31 PM
That's not entirely accurate. Grimm has said that he was also told he had the job. Something happened regarding the hiring of Tomlin that the fans will never by privy to.

Yeah, and Grimm was Prisuta's source. And nobody knows if he was told that or he just assumed it. When you write for a newspaper, you need at least two sources which Prisuta didn't. Poor journalism.

Burghfan58
01-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Yeah, and Grimm was Prisuta's source. And nobody knows if he was told that or he just assumed it. When you write for a newspaper, you need at least two sources which Prisuta didn't. Poor journalism.

Other than the Rooneys, what better source could you have than the guy that was the frontrunner for the job and was apparently told he was the guy?

BlastFurnace
01-06-2010, 04:41 PM

It's easy to pile on someone when you..yourself..don't know the reasons why a HC Candidate believed that he was hired as the HC. I doubt Prisuta would put his job in jeopardy if he didn't feel he had a rock solid source.

Raw Steel
01-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Apparently you don't know Prisuta. He was drinking buddies with Grimm. That was his source. His drinking buddy. And who told Grimm he had the job? The Rooneys? I highly doubt it and then changed their minds.

The bottom line is Prisuta and his paper looked like fools on every level possible. That's not just my opinion. It was the consensus in the industry and the public.

43Hitman
01-06-2010, 04:55 PM
It's easy to pile on someone when you..yourself..don't know the reasons why a HC Candidate believed that he was hired as the HC. I doubt Prisuta would put his job in jeopardy if he didn't feel he had a rock solid source.

If this was true then he wouldn't have been fired over it.

Burghfan58
01-06-2010, 05:09 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't there a phone call between Art Rooney and Grimm that gave him the impression that he had the job?

RoethlisBURGHer
01-06-2010, 06:23 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't there a phone call between Art Rooney and Grimm that gave him the impression that he had the job?

Maybe the phone call was nothing more than setting up another interview and Grimm assumed that he was going to be offered the job after the interview.