PDA

View Full Version : unfortunately arians is staying

SteelC7
01-06-2010, 08:13 PM
i just found out that BA is staying on as offensive coordinator, lets all start worrying about how bad the offense will be next year, i cant believe hes staying its ridiculous. i know u guys wont believe me so see for yourselves.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10006/1026257-100.stm

stillers4me
01-06-2010, 08:51 PM
I think we'll believe you.

SH-Rock
01-06-2010, 08:56 PM
I want tomlin to officialy say it

SteelerEmpire
01-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Here we go again.... another year full of adventures....

stillers4me
01-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Actually, the only thing confirmed on the team website is that Kenny Anderson is retiring. There is an article about it and there is not QB coach listed on the roster. Zeirlein is still listed as oline coach and there is nothing about him being released yet.

Men of Steel
01-06-2010, 09:15 PM
maybe next year he'll finally learn..... :noidea:

NOT !!!!!!!!! :doh:

vindrow
01-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Well, next year will be on Tomlin's head....if the offense performs the way it did this year maybe we will not only see Arians gone, but maybe Tomlin as well.

lionslicer
01-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Tomlin wont fire Arians, because in games were our defense totally sucked, like the Green Bay game, our offense put up the yards and points to win. But Arians is a ****y bastard who has his head up his ass 60% of the time and thinks his passing game will win him every game. Tomlin got in Arians head during the last couple games of the season, which is why in the dolphins game there was a lot more rushing yards. More than likely Tomlin will start to control Arians better than he did last year.

Rdp616
01-06-2010, 09:42 PM
I don't so much mind he's staying, I mean Ben did have 4000+ Yards this season etc. But, they really do need to come up with a few new look's this off season. Maybe more gadget play's (beside's letting Santonio throw) It kills me how some people speak as if our Offense couldn't do anything this year, You'd swear Ben only threw for 2,000 Yards. If anything it's the Defense that need's some work. Look at last season. our Offense wasn't that high power. But the defense kept it close enough so we could win the game. This year that didn't happnen and you've seen the results of that. Ben has to sling it like a mad man to hopfully win the game. So with that said i wouldn't pit all the blame on BA. I think the team as a Unit just didn't play up too snuff this year. And losing TP and Aaron Smith certainly didn't help either.

tony hipchest
01-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Tomlin wont fire Arians, because in games were our defense totally sucked, like the Green Bay game, our offense put up the yards and points to win. But Arians is a ****y bastard who has his head up his ass 60% of the time and thinks his passing game will win him every game. Tomlin got in Arians head during the last couple games of the season, which is why in the dolphins game there was a lot more rushing yards. More than likely Tomlin will start to control Arians better than he did last year.

totally agree.

I don't so much mind he's staying, I mean Ben did have 4000+ Yards this season etc. But, they really do need to come up with a few new look's this off season. Maybe more gadget play's (beside's letting Santonio throw) It kills me how some people speak as if our Offense couldn't do anything this year, You'd swear Ben only threw for 2,000 Yards.

i would swear our offense only scored 2 or fewer td's in half the games this year. :noidea:

Psyychoward86
01-06-2010, 09:47 PM
thanks for the heads up einstein

Monrovia Ca Steeler Fan
01-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Unfortunately? How about thank god!

What do Ed Bouchette, Gerry Dulac, Ron Cook and I all have in common? None of us wanted to see BA go. That would have been awful.

Let's focus on the real problem: the D. The O is the best part of our game. If our O line can improve, we will be able to run more often and consistently.

Meanwhile, lets enjoy the fact that this year's running game was actually superior to last years. We averaged 112 yards per game rushing, a nice improvement over last year's SB winning team.

Thank god cooler heads prevaled.

casteeler
01-06-2010, 10:00 PM
I think the fact that ben threw for 4000 helped in arians staying but if you look back at the oak, clev, kc games the steelers couldn't keep their drives alive.Then look at the final drive in miami,willie parker running the ball.Can anyone imagine if the run was established in any of those game?Sure the defensive secondary needs a TOTAL overhaul but if arians and the steelers look back at the miami game if the defense doesn't blow it we pound miami into the turf! Arians stays but tomlin needs to inform him that he needs to change for 2010 or maybe out they both go

Psyychoward86
01-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Unfortunately? How about thank god!

What do Ed Bouchette, Gerry Dulac, Ron Cook and I all have in common? None of us wanted to see BA go. That would have been awful.

Let's focus on the real problem: the D. The O is the best part of our game. If our O line can improve, we will be able to run more often and consistently.

Meanwhile, lets enjoy the fact that this year's running game was actually superior to last years. We averaged 112 yards per game rushing, a nice improvement over last year's SB winning team.

Thank god cooler heads prevaled.

we were statistically average at converting 3rd downs, and one of the worst in the redzone. The defensive problems are obvious, but some people just arent understanding the issues with Bruce Arians' offense. That's great that we had the 7th ranked offense in the league, but we sucked on 3rd down and in the red zone. Not to mention his tendency to steer away from the run when it was working, i remember about 3-4 games where Rashard was averaging a strong 5+ yards per carry, yet Bruce stopped feeding him the ball. Bruce Arians offense lacks redzone efficiency, 3rd down efficiency, and balance. It just leaves too many points on the field, and isnt always drive sustaining. Not to mention predictable.