PDA

View Full Version : Dol-phans and their silly celebrations (and other oddities in Miami)

stlrtruck
01-07-2010, 07:46 AM
Ok so I'm back from Miami (officially 3 days now but had to take to recoup), and I've got to say South Beach was pretty cool (even if it was cold). Met some fantastic waitresses and bartenders. There was an awesome BBQ place down the street from the hotel that had great food.

But I digress, to the point of the thread. I've realized that dolphin fans are some of the most silly fans. During the game, they celebrate first downs. I don't get it. They get a first down and the PA announcer comes on, "That's another Miami Dolphins..." and the crowd yells, "First Down!" What I realized is that it takes about 3 sections of Steelers fans in the upper deck to drown out their entire stadium. Yes, I mocked the fans and pretty much had a group of Steelers fans with me and every time the Steelers would get a first down I'd stand up, "That's another Steelers..." and all those within ear shot would yell back, "First Down!" And the more I got to do it the more I realized that it's sad when the visiting team's fans make you sound weak and pathetic on your own cheer!

Here's the other sad part about the game this past Sunday. While in the stadium, I was able to count 15 different team's jersey's. Two of those were of course the dolphins and the Steelers. Here's the list of the other teams represented at the game Sunday afternoon:
saints
giants
browns
jets
cowboys
vikings
ravens
patriots
bills
bengals
colts
packers
bears

It boggles the mind.

klick81
01-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Glad you had fun man! And though I'm also glad you took their little celebration and used it against them, I don't think it's all that silly of them to have something to celebrate about during the game.

I'm sure all teams' fans have some little rituals or do something a little different in their home venues...just makes it more interesting i guess.

The Patriot
01-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I know that at least the Jets and Patriots do it too. "Good for another Patriots...FIRST DOWN!" I don't get it either.

Last year we would yell, "Good for another Cassel... FOURTH DOWN!" :sofunny:

supa_fly_steeler
01-07-2010, 01:46 PM
lol all the dolphins boast in that stadium is cheerleaders.... is sex exempt in that stadium concering cheerleaders?.

lol.

I also hate how they go F-I-N-S FINS FINS FINS

Angus Burgher
01-07-2010, 04:39 PM
I hate to make a cruel joke, but during that game, did you find yourself standing up and shouting:

"That's another Miami Dolphins... INJURY!"

smokin3000gt
01-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Ok so I'm back from Miami (officially 3 days now but had to take to recoup), and I've got to say South Beach was pretty cool (even if it was cold). Met some fantastic waitresses and bartenders. There was an awesome BBQ place down the street from the hotel that had great food.

But I digress, to the point of the thread. I've realized that dolphin fans are some of the most silly fans. During the game, they celebrate first downs. I don't get it. They get a first down and the PA announcer comes on, "That's another Miami Dolphins..." and the crowd yells, "First Down!" What I realized is that it takes about 3 sections of Steelers fans in the upper deck to drown out their entire stadium. Yes, I mocked the fans and pretty much had a group of Steelers fans with me and every time the Steelers would get a first down I'd stand up, "That's another Steelers..." and all those within ear shot would yell back, "First Down!" And the more I got to do it the more I realized that it's sad when the visiting team's fans make you sound weak and pathetic on your own cheer!

:sofunny:

we were bustin' chops too.
"That's another Steeler..." "TOUCHDOWN!!"

but the dumbest thing I've ever seen/heard: "heads up! fins up!"

"Hey Miami! Fins up!!"

:doh:

NJarhead
01-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Really? That place sure seemed quiet on TV.

Galax Steeler
01-08-2010, 04:15 AM
The Steeler fans sure find a way to overtake some one else stadium. It happens all the time no matter where it is.:chuckle:

vasteeler
01-08-2010, 05:59 AM
its kind of weird it seems like our fans are louder at other stadiums than at our own:noidea:

stlrtruck
01-08-2010, 08:01 AM
:sofunny:

we were bustin' chops too.
"That's another Steeler..." "TOUCHDOWN!!"

but the dumbest thing I've ever seen/heard: "heads up! fins up!"

"Hey Miami! Fins up!!"

:doh:

Yeah that whole fins up thing was old after the first time they did it.

Stlrs4Life
01-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Can't be as irritating as the Ratshits, Move the Chains! or Denvers INCOMPLETE.

smokin3000gt
01-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Can't be as irritating as the Ratshits, Move the Chains! or Denvers INCOMPLETE.

Rats do that too? I thought it was just the jags.

"move those chains, move those chains! "

It was great because it gave us something to chant on the way back to the truck after the W.

In jacksonville, signs says "Welcome to Teal Town!" :doh:

Venom
01-10-2010, 01:22 PM
The Dolphins are a sad organization. They haven't done a damn thing in 35 years. They cant sell out regular or playoff game. I wonder what Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez are looking for on Draft Day . Love to see them in the Dolphin War Room ( oxymoron ) on the NFL Network , lol .