PDA

View Full Version : Get Out Of Our House

SCSTILLER
01-07-2010, 10:56 AM
I like what this guy is trying to do, wish it would happen. Watch the video below.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7147953

Website to the movement www.gooh.com

SteelerEmpire
01-07-2010, 11:27 AM
New members is a good thing for the initial effort. But in addition there must be a change of the rules that the House follows, a change in the way the game is fundamentally played.
It will take a "tremendous" amount of organization, tactical planning, luck and an inordinate amount of toughness to unseat the well entrenched members of the House... but the people in there and the rules do need to be upgraded... before too much more damage is done to the one and only country we have.

steelax04
01-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Forgot an "o" in the website...

www.goooh.com (http://www.goooh.com)

Vincent
01-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Citizen gubmint. Novel idea. Not. What the Founders had in mind. Serve your constituency and country for two terms, then pass the baton.

This guy has an excellent idea for turning this unholy mess around. And if it's managed by ethical people it would work - therein lies the rub.

Concerns...

The plan to get $100 from 500,000 folks yields $50M. Thats a lot of temptation
Initially the ideology would be united. As it grew it would attract a "bigger tent" and could become a very divided house. Division creates parties. We've seen this movie.
It would require "party organs" to compete nationally. The existing parties are very organized and very entrenched.
One could go on...

Yebbit. Yebbit. :blah:

If the colonists had yielded to their fears and concerns, we wouldn't be these here United States of America. And it was a relatively small minority that abandoned the security of subjecthood to take on the most powerful empire of the time. They risked all. Many lost all. The history I have been exposed to has lead me to believe this miracle came to be because of their fervent faith in God.

Another miracle was that we weren't swept up by one of the empires as we were killing each other during the Civil War. That is also a concern here.

A movement such as this is a direct affront to "the powers that be". They aren't entirely domestic, and don't necessarily have yours and my best interests at heart. My guess is they like their power and wealth and might not be interested in this grand idea. One can see an orchestrated global movement to marginalize the US. The current occupant of the White House and his party seem to be moving in the same direction.

This is a massive crap shoot, but one that is necessary to preserve the Union. And I'll go on record as saying that the Union has been a pretty good idea.

The good news is that the electorate is moving away from the parties and an independent majority is emerging. "All that needs to be done" is for that to translate into an independent house majority for the movement to establish a "beach head". From there they can consolidate their own power and start to dismantle the "establishment".

If ever there was a time for this, it is now. And in a perverse way we can thank the donkeys for creating the climate. :wave:

Oh, and BTW, this right here http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=751414&postcount=1 will be / is a key ingredient to the success of this movement and "the powers that be" know this. That's why they want our sporting equipment.