PDA

View Full Version : Wexell's Twitter

Sharkissle29
01-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Not sure if this is posted yet, but Wexell posted yesterday the first 2 players that the steelers have eyes on for the 2010 draft.

Sean Weatherspoon, OLB Missouri
Corey Wootton, DE, Northwestern

I would love to have Weatherspoon in the black and gold, like the way he palys.

I am going to try to keep this thread updated with Wexell's twitter, who is a very reliable source.

mulldog24
01-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Weatherspoon is a great prospect for one of our Middle LB spots IMO and I would love to have him. I think that we should be able to get him at 18 without trading up. It would be nice to trade back about 5 spots get an extra 2nd and still get him.

Sharkissle29
01-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Weatherspoon is a great prospect for one of our Middle LB spots IMO and I would love to have him. I think that we should be able to get him at 18 without trading up. It would be nice to trade back about 5 spots get an extra 2nd and still get him.

i just realized weatherspoon plays on the outside....if thats the case, it really doesnt make a whole lot of sense

supa_fly_steeler
01-07-2010, 01:46 PM
There are some good linebackers in the draft.

SteelMember
01-07-2010, 01:49 PM
i just realized weatherspoon plays on the outside....if thats the case, it really doesnt make a whole lot of sense

Why not? Players move positions all the time... especially talented ones.

I believe he has experience both inside and outside, but has really excelled on the edge.

mulldog24
01-07-2010, 01:52 PM

Timmons also played OLB. Thing is he can run, hit, and cover. I think Weatherspoon is alot like Timmons and a good fit for us.:thumbsup:

SteelMember
01-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Timmons also played OLB. Thing is he can run, hit, and cover. I think Weatherspoon is alot like Timmons and a good fit for us.:thumbsup:

Exactly.

Besides, this could be just a smokescreen so we can draft the offensive line coach we really covet. :chuckle:

Sharkissle29
01-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Weatherspoon has been clocked in the 40 at 4.58 so he definitely has the speed to play inside.

I dont know a whole lot about weatherspoon and am not sure if he drops back in coverage a lot? Mostly outside guys tend to blitz a lot more.

position changes kind of scare me for some reason

mulldog24
01-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Exactly.

Besides, this could be just a smokescreen so we can draft the offensive line coach we really covet. :chuckle:

I'm feelin ya on that bro!!!:toofunny:

revefsreleets
01-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Wooten is interesting. But where would he play? He's 6'7", 280...he'd need to gain weight to play DE and 280 is pretty heavy to play OLB (although at 6'7" he's probably not fat).

He's rangy and a huge playmaker, though, and he goes to Northwestern, so he's got to have a good head on his shoulders.

Interesting that they are looking DL and LB first....

supa_fly_steeler
01-07-2010, 02:44 PM
When James Harrison retires i think Timmons would move to that spot, or maybe their wantin weatherspoons there, i dont care as long as their awesome at stopping the run.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-07-2010, 04:43 PM
The Wooten one puzzles me as he is a 3-4 DE. We drafted Hood already last year, but maybe they are looking for another in the 2nd.

I think Wooten would have got drafted in the 2nd last year if he didnt get injured and stay for his Sr. year, as the only real touted prospects were Tyson Jackson, Hood and Fili Moala.

Galax Steeler
01-08-2010, 04:23 AM
It seems like they are starting to like players from Missouri just look at Ziggy Hood and now they are looking at weatherspoons.

taztroy43
01-08-2010, 01:57 PM
DE Corey Wootton...is a 6'7"/6'6" 280 pound beast....he supposedly is clocked in @ 4.8 in the 40....He is very athletic....He's like Campbell from the Cardinals....but I think he can be better....He reminds me a lot of our DE Keisel because Keisel is 6'5" 285 lbs and is pretty athletic for his size!!! I wouln't mind Wootton for the Steelers because he would probably replace Keisel in the longrun.....AS for Sean Weatherspoon OLB...he's good but I'd rather get an ILB named Micah Johnson from Kentucky....i think he would be a better pick....I hope they take a look @ this guy.....

Johnson:

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/catsfan/uploaded_images/FBCJohnson080508-778772.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dCk2cVc8D7DA/340x.jpg

Wootton:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/football/nfl/09/03/defensive.prospects/corey-wootton.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/zu1d6p.jpg

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Micah Johnson got injured near the end of their bowl game. Knee. Might slide to 3rd round if he cant workout for scouts.

taztroy43
01-09-2010, 02:34 AM
Micah Johnson got injured near the end of their bowl game. Knee. Might slide to 3rd round if he cant workout for scouts.

I know...I hope he falls so we can nab him in the second after trading down a few spots...because we probably would have an outside chance at Spikes from Florida and practically no chance at Mclain from Bama......

taztroy43
01-09-2010, 02:46 AM
It seems like they are starting to like players from Missouri just look at Ziggy Hood and now they are looking at weatherspoons.

I hope they take a look @ Danario Alexander WR from Missouri too......I think he would be worth a pick in the 4/5th round if he's there.....

SteelerNation12
01-09-2010, 03:11 AM
Johnson would be a steal in round 3. He has plenty of time to develop himself here and would be in a great situation.