PDA

View Full Version : Chris Dodd doesn't seek reelection

St33lersguy
01-07-2010, 04:20 PM
It has been reported that long time (bad) senator Chris Dodd will not run for re-election

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/06/report-sen-chris-dodd-announce-retirement/

In a TV interview he said it's time for him to step down and for someone else to step in. He just sees the poll numbers and doesn't want to risk defeat. His statement sounds so much like George Washington, and he has exposed himself as totally different from Washington for 30 years

revefsreleets
01-07-2010, 05:27 PM
There's a whole mess of D's not running again...smart, actually. Why go down getting voted out as an incumbent when you can just retire and go out "on top"?

Vincent
01-07-2010, 07:12 PM
There's a whole mess of D's not running again...smart, actually. Why go down getting voted out as an incumbent when you can just retire and go out "on top"?

Put another way, why spend your campaign money when you can keep it.

GBMelBlount
01-07-2010, 09:21 PM
I like Chris Dodd.

He cares about the little guy.

So what if he is a sleazy, unethical, lying POS.

He cares.... :chuckle:

Go Obama! Yipeee! Everything's free!!!!!

revefsreleets
01-07-2010, 09:47 PM

That's a great point....I'd be willing to wager that 98% of the population has NO IDEA that politicians get to KEEP their campaign war chests.

St33lersguy
01-08-2010, 06:22 AM

Yeah but the dems like to spend money

SCSTILLER
01-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Yeah but the dems like to spend money

Other peoples money, not theirs

BrandonCarr39
01-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Isn't Peter Schiff(Ron Paul's economic advisor in the last election's GOP primaries) running as an independent in the 2010 CT Senator election? I believe Paul's son Rand is running for Senator in KY this year.

Gonna be one very interesting year.