PDA

View Full Version : who would you pick?

SteelerFanInTX210
01-07-2010, 08:01 PM
If you had to pick one player from tonights national championship game contenders, to start the Steeler franchise (like a fantasy draft), who would you choose. Texas and Bama only.

Nadroj 20
01-07-2010, 09:33 PM
I would probably have to pick McCoy because he is the best QB of the two and i think to start a team i would want to build around a good QB.

supa_fly_steeler
01-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Id choose Texas because of Earl Thomas,

BlastFurnace
01-07-2010, 09:48 PM
I'd want Earl Thomas from Texas as well.

supa_fly_steeler
01-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Right now the Alabama passing game is non existent because julio jones is the only good reciever and he's getting shut down, if these teams were in the nfl, alabama would go nowhere if faced against a good run defence.

SteelerNation12
01-07-2010, 10:06 PM
I pick Mark Ingram. Awesome balance for a back and guy you can build a offense around IMO.
Mccoy is product of the system, he will fail in the NFL. UNLESS he is drafted by the Broncos. he fits them perfect

ljk2442
01-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Mark Ingram, spitting image of Emitt Smith.... but then again the St. Louis Rams have Steven Jackson who is a freak and they are awful... sooo probly McCoy

Steely McSmash
01-07-2010, 10:24 PM
1. Terrence Cody
2. Javier Arenas
3. Earl Thomas -- note: only a sophomore
4. Sergio Kindle
5. Mark Ingram -- great Talent just not a need.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Terrance Cody.

The Steel Curtain dynasty of the 1970's was built around Joe Greene.

The 3-4 defense is lynch pinned by the nose tackle Terrance Cody is going to be that lynch pin for some team (hopefully us).

touchdownward
01-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Arenas. Would love to have a return guy that teams are terrified to kick to on the Steelers.

SteelerNation12
01-07-2010, 10:34 PM
1. Terrence Cody
2. Javier Arenas
3. Earl Thomas -- note: only a sophomore
4. Sergio Kindle
5. Mark Ingram -- great Talent just not a need.

Your starting a team over from what I understand. So Ingram would be a huge need. You can't live in the NFL without a run game.

BlastFurnace
01-07-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm starting to like this McClain LB for Alabama.

Steely McSmash
01-07-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm starting to like this McClain LB for Alabama.

Looks like a good young field general.

Steely McSmash
01-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Your starting a team over from what I understand. So Ingram would be a huge need. You can't live in the NFL without a run game.

I took this to be fantasy draft addition to the current team. If not then for sure Ingram is way up there.

Aussie_steeler
01-07-2010, 11:57 PM
No brainer ........... Rolando McClain ILB in the first

And if I am allowed to be greedy I would take Arenas in the 3rd.

Galax Steeler
01-08-2010, 04:26 AM
I would have to say Terrence Cody.

markymarc
01-08-2010, 03:23 PM
This is easy. I would go with Rolando McClain. IMO he is going to be the next "great" LB in the NFL. And to show the offense some love, I would go with Mark Ingram. He is an absolute beast at the RB and a very classy kid off the field.

JEFF4i
01-08-2010, 04:04 PM

Tell the Colts that. Bottom ranked rush attack, 32nd, and stood a good chance at 16-0.

I would like to agree with you, but can't.

That said, I'd still take Ingram or McClain.

vrabinec
01-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Yeah, McClain in a heartbeat. He reminds me of Ray Ray.

stlrtruck
01-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Ingram. I think he's got a lot of raw talent to be developed and believe he sees the field really well.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2010, 05:01 PM

:applaudit:

I bet when he declares for the draft, he will go in the top 10. What most dont see is that he is possibly the most intelligent defensive player in college football. Kid is the devensive equivalent of Peyton Manning.

Tone's Toes
01-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Draft

Early: CB, D-Line.

Middle: MLB, FS, O-Line.

Late: Kicker (If Reed leaves) WR, RB

MasterOfPuppets
01-08-2010, 07:45 PM
McClain and ingram were the best defensive and offensive players on the field yesterday so its definitely between those two. i'd go with McClain ...you can get by with a lesser RB.

Aussie_steeler
01-08-2010, 10:34 PM

I bet when he declares for the draft, he will go in the top 10. What most dont see is that he is possibly the most intelligent defensive player in college football. Kid is the devensive equivalent of Peyton Manning.

This team needs a defensive captain more than anything. IMO let Troy freelance and someone else make the defensive calls.

Imagine Levon Kirkland skills with a Manning like intelligence.

Add Nate Allen FS in the 2nd and I would be in draftgeek heaven

supa_fly_steeler
01-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Yeah, McClain in a heartbeat. He reminds me of Ray Ray.

Sorry McClain does not remind me of The Murderer, McClain will set himself a new legacy.

I remember Ray Lewis for witnessing the murder, not doing anything about it and most probably being the convict, he was even drunk around kids.... fine role model.

supa_fly_steeler
01-08-2010, 11:00 PM
If McClain is there with Cody when we pick, imma gonna have to go with McClain because of his leadership, Farrior is fading away into retirement we need a new leader one that can learn from Farrior, continue the greatness of the defense

tony hipchest
01-08-2010, 11:09 PM

And if I am allowed to be greedy I would take Arenas in the 3rd.

This team needs a defensive captain more than anything. IMO let Troy freelance and someone else make the defensive calls.

Imagine Levon Kirkland skills with a Manning like intelligence.

Add Nate Allen FS in the 2nd and I would be in draftgeek heaven

ok so based upon our needs, what is too much to give up for a player of this calibur (taking into consideration a top 10 pick price and what we did to move up and get troy)?

would the steelers puke at the thought of paying any rookie top 10 pick money? if so, how far do you think he could fall before the steelers would consider making a jump?

or are there more important needs elsewhere worth waiting for (OT-CB)?

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-09-2010, 02:41 AM
ok so based upon our needs, what is too much to give up for a player of this calibur (taking into consideration a top 10 pick price and what we did to move up and get troy)?

would the steelers puke at the thought of paying any rookie top 10 pick money? if so, how far do you think he could fall before the steelers would consider making a jump?

Personally I dont like the idea of moving up to top 10 and spending that money, plus probably losing our 2nd round pick to do it. I think we stay at 18 and see how it unfolds. I think we can get help in the secondary, O-line, NT and ILB with the first 4 picks where we are.

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2010, 04:09 AM
# St. Louis (1-15)
# Detroit (2-14)
# Tampa Bay (3-13)
# Washington (4-12)
# Kansas City (4-12) - possible but unlikely. they should take the best OT or berry
# Seattle (5-11)
# Cleveland (5-11) - they could certainly use McClain to pair up with jackson and have a great lber duo.
# Oakland (5-11)
# Buffalo (6-10) - i think they give him a long hard look ...they could move poz to strong outside
# Jacksonville^ (7-9)
# Denver - from Chicago^ (7-9) - if he's still there..he don't get by denver.

i think they'd have to move up to 10 or 11.... we did make a trade with denver last year..they owe us !!!

Texasteel
01-09-2010, 05:07 AM
I would say McClain as well, but someone more realistic,,,,, Thomas.

supa_fly_steeler
01-09-2010, 05:19 AM
lol imagine if we drafted mcclain, cody and arenas in first 3 rounds, bama invasion... But that wont be happening lol

If the Steelers would trade up, maybe they go with some team that does not want a top pick due to salary issues, so they just trade spots...

imo i wouldn't trade down to 14 or below. Ideally i would want to be around 15-18 as the Steelers are right now.

I think Cleveland might go for offensive needs, a wide reciever since braylon has gone and that punk winslow... Julio Jones? The development of Quinn and Anderson isn't going to go anywhere with that porus set of recievers.

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2010, 05:28 AM
lol imagine if we drafted mcclain, cody and arenas in first 3 rounds, bama invasion... But that wont be happening lol

If the Steelers would trade up, maybe they go with some team that does not want a top pick due to salary issues, so they just trade spots...

imo i wouldn't trade down to 14 or below. Ideally i would want to be around 15-18 as the Steelers are right now.

I think Cleveland might go for offensive needs, a wide reciever since braylon has gone and that punk winslow... Julio Jones? The development of Quinn and Anderson isn't going to go anywhere with that porus set of recievers.
there's not a wr in this draft worth a top 10 pick....:noidea:

Aussie_steeler
01-09-2010, 06:07 AM
ok so based upon our needs, what is too much to give up for a player of this calibur (taking into consideration a top 10 pick price and what we did to move up and get troy)

I believe that he would have to fall to the #14 spot (Seattle - 200 points or our third round pick). Anything higher is just too much in terms of draft picks and signing bonuses / contract money. This could allow for a trade down in the second to get some extra picks ( bit like the Troy Polamalu trade)

I will go out on a limb and predict the following:

1. St. Louis (1-15) N. Suh DT
2. Detroit (2-14) R. Okung LT
3. Tampa Bay (3-13) G. McCoy DT
4. Washington (4-12) J. Clausen QB
5. Kansas City (4-12) E. Berry FS
6. Seattle (5-11) D.Bryant WR
7. Cleveland (5-11) J. Haden CB
8. Oakland (5-11) R. McClain ILB

Yes the Raiders finally make a smart move in the draft. I know that they play a 4-3 but he would really anchor up their D

Even if he makes it past #8 no way does he fall past Buffalo or Denver.

The arrival of Earl Thomas on the scene now makes competition in the middle of the first a lot more interesting.

We can always dream MOP. Its never gonna happen but its nice to think it could

steelerdave1969
01-09-2010, 08:01 AM
I pick Mark Ingram. Awesome balance for a back and guy you can build a offense around IMO.
Mccoy is product of the system, he will fail in the NFL. UNLESS he is drafted by the Broncos. he fits them perfect

Man, I love Mark Ingram as well, he is a beast. I guess the other player that I would love to see the Steelers get would be DT Terrence Cody from Alabama, he would be a great replacement for C asey Hampton, as I think that Ziggy Hood has proven that he is a playmaker that should be on the outside instead of NT.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-09-2010, 11:56 AM
I believe that he would have to fall to the #14 spot (Seattle - 200 points or our third round pick). Anything higher is just too much in terms of draft picks and signing bonuses / contract money. This could allow for a trade down in the second to get some extra picks ( bit like the Troy Polamalu trade)

Yes the Raiders finally make a smart move in the draft. I know that they play a 4-3 but he would really anchor up their D

The arrival of Earl Thomas on the scene now makes competition in the middle of the first a lot more interesting.

Aussie, that is a great first 8 prediction. The only one that I would change is Seattle. They got Housh as their WR and with Hasselbeck and Walter Jones nearing the end of their career........I think they go either LT or QB.

Likewise, could say the same thing for Washington going forward as Chris Samuels is done and I think Jason Campbell might be too.

Stlrs4Life
01-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Ingram, or that lber #57 from Bama.

Rick5895
01-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Ingram, or that lber #57 from Bama.

INgram is a Soph. #57 is a DT/DE. I love ingram, but we have a good back. I would start with Cody, then Mcclain.

Aussie_steeler
01-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Aussie, that is a great first 8 prediction. The only one that I would change is Seattle. They got Housh as their WR and with Hasselbeck and Walter Jones nearing the end of their career........I think they go either LT or QB.

Likewise, could say the same thing for Washington going forward as Chris Samuels is done and I think Jason Campbell might be too.

Might have to change it all again now that it looks like Pete Carroll is only one Rooney rule interview away from becoming the Seahawks GM and coach.

Not sure what his philosophy will be??????? ( trade a 5th round pick for Matt Lienart)

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4810861

Nadroj 20
01-09-2010, 05:33 PM

I like this top 8 as well and agree with most for now.

I think the rams need a QB bad but they would probably be fine taking Suh then possibly get McCoy with the first pick of the 2nd round.