PDA

View Full Version : Terrance Cody is looking good

deminutah
01-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Terryance is looking very strong tonight. He was even in on a scoring goal line play where he was the lead blocker for the running back.

csandvik
01-07-2010, 10:07 PM
He does look tough. I just see him blowing up weight wise.

Earl Thomas is one quick dude! I would really like to see him in a Steelers jersey!

revefsreleets
01-07-2010, 10:55 PM
He seems to have a good motor for a HUGE guy. And he moves well. But I'm worried about his weight management as well. I could easily see this kid playing "slim" for one year and showing up at camp at 420 the next year....

RoethlisBURGHer
01-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Dude is a bulldozer.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2010, 01:22 AM
Yeah, the NT class is so tough. Cody is big, but not an every down player and dare I say he looks in worse condition than Hampton. Dan Williams on the other hand is in better shape, looks more solid of an athlete, but doesnt anchor the way Cody does.

I say neither is worth the risk at #18, but maybe trade back for extra picks and see if one is still there....otherwise go BAA. I'd love to see Rolondo McLain, but it aint gonna happen at #18.

MasterOfPuppets
01-08-2010, 01:53 AM
Yeah, the NT class is so tough. Cody is big, but not an every down player and dare I say he looks in worse condition than Hampton. Dan Williams on the other hand is in better shape, looks more solid of an athlete, but doesnt anchor the way Cody does.

I say neither is worth the risk at #18, but maybe trade back for extra picks and see if one is still there....otherwise go BAA. I'd love to see Rolondo McLain, but it aint gonna happen at #18.
but fat snack isn't an every down player either...:noidea: ... cody puts no effort whatsoever in pass rush , dude needs to shed about 20 lbs. i just wonder how that would effect his ....anchorage? anchordom ? :noidea: ... this game sucked as far as the players i wanted to see ... very little running from texas so we didn't see much of cody and mclain against the run, and very little passing to get a good look at earl thomas...:doh: ... but i did like what i seen from kindle .. good motor, good pursuit... don't know if i'd like him in the second, but definitely the 3rd.... shipley is gonna be a nice pick up for someone, my guess is late 2nd. that left guard for bama is another solid prospect ...

Galax Steeler
01-08-2010, 04:42 AM
Cody is an absolute beast as like MOP said he needs to shed a few pounds to get where he needs to be then he could be and everydown player.

SteelMember
01-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Yeah, the NT class is so tough. Cody is big, but not an every down player.

I figured you'd LOVE the fullback duties on the goal line. I know I had a smile. :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2010, 09:53 AM
I figured you'd LOVE the fullback duties on the goal line. I know I had a smile. :chuckle:

Ya know.....I wasnt that impressed by him as a FB. I think Legursky showed more explosion into the pile creating space for the RB than Cody did.

Let's just say he lacks "suddeness and glide"

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-08-2010, 10:08 AM

I think both are first round talents that will go a "little" higher than their value dictates due to lack of true 3-4 NT's. Out of the two I like Williams a little better, he seems like he has a better motor than Cody.

polamalu82
01-08-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm not sold on Cody. Last night it seemed he was taking plays off. Plus, his weight WILL be a problem every year.

It will be amusing seeing him run the 40 at the combine though.:chuckle:

deminutah
01-08-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm not sold on Cody. Last night it seemed he was taking plays off. Plus, his weight WILL be a problem every year.

It will be amusing seeing him run the 40 at the combine though.:chuckle:

God I hope he keeps his shirt on.

St33lersguy
01-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Cody looked good, he seems like a guy who can clog up the middle. Screw Dan Williams, I want Mt. Cody

St33lersguy
01-08-2010, 04:02 PM
God I hope he keeps his shirt on.

Or at least doesn't have saggy man boobs.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2010, 04:53 PM
but fat snack isn't an every down player either...:noidea: ... cody puts no effort whatsoever in pass rush , dude needs to shed about 20 lbs. i just wonder how that would effect his ....anchorage? anchordom ? :noidea: ... this game sucked as far as the players i wanted to see ... very little running from texas so we didn't see much of cody and mclain against the run, and very little passing to get a good look at earl thomas...:doh: ... but i did like what i seen from kindle .. good motor, good pursuit... don't know if i'd like him in the second, but definitely the 3rd.... shipley is gonna be a nice pick up for someone, my guess is late 2nd. that left guard for bama is another solid prospect ...

I agree, but Snack looks like an aerobics instructor compared to Cody. I bet he cant play 6 snaps in a row without a breather. Interviews will tell, but I think Cody isnt worth the risk.

I agree, the game didnt show the best of Cody or Thomas, but I agree that Johnson is probably one of the top guard prospects, McLain is a top 10 pick IMO, Thomas is late 1st to top 2nd I think.

A guy at interior line that will fly a bit under the radar is John Jerry of Ole Miss. Peria Jerry's younger brother. I noticed him a lot while looking at Oher last season and he is coming out this year.

kirklandrules
01-08-2010, 04:55 PM
O.k. I have to ask: What is the concern with the weight of the NT? These guys are big fat pigs that take 2 & 3 men to block. I say "Have another burger Big Snack!". Who cares how big they get as long as they keep blowing up the middle of offensive plays. I'm more interested in the motor that runs those whales. Hearing that Cody takes plays off are far more concerning than how fat he is. And can he get to the point of attack on a run play between the tackles? But he supposed to be a massive, fat pig! My guess is Tomlin was setting an example of working hard in his first training camp. Now everyone is worried about the weight of a guy that shouldn't loose weight to be successful. They just can't get so big they lose all mobility and only close down the 2 yards their fat bellies take up at the start of the play. How many times do you see Hampton making a play near the edge ... he's not to fat.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2010, 05:27 PM
There is a difference between a big guy like Hampton that carries some extra weight, but still finds the motivation to get to the weight room and bench press 225lbs 40times, make 5 pro bowls and anchor one of the top run defenses.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/551391/80704942.jpg

and a guy that looks as if he is winded after 2 plays against Texas and needs to take a breather even though its another running down.

http://blog.al.com/press-register-sports/2009/08/large_terrence%20cody.JPG

St33lersguy
01-08-2010, 08:55 PM
O.k. I have to ask: What is the concern with the weight of the NT? These guys are big fat pigs that take 2 & 3 men to block. I say "Have another burger Big Snack!". Who cares how big they get as long as they keep blowing up the middle of offensive plays. I'm more interested in the motor that runs those whales. Hearing that Cody takes plays off are far more concerning than how fat he is. And can he get to the point of attack on a run play between the tackles? But he supposed to be a massive, fat pig! My guess is Tomlin was setting an example of working hard in his first training camp. Now everyone is worried about the weight of a guy that shouldn't loose weight to be successful. They just can't get so big they lose all mobility and only close down the 2 yards their fat bellies take up at the start of the play. How many times do you see Hampton making a play near the edge ... he's not to fat.

Good point

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Man, I rewatched the BCS game on tape and broke down Cody much closer. He isnt quick getting off the ball, when he does he makes an initial blow, but if he is slowed by a double team....he struggles to get going again. When he does get moving, he just keeps pushing in the backfield. Just seems to lack a motor.

On the 2nd series he only lasted 3 snaps and they took him out. Looks winded and out of shape badly. Seems like a boom or bust player. He honestly looks like a downgrade from Hampton and I really hope the Steelers do not pick him.

Steely McSmash
01-10-2010, 09:06 AM
It'll be interesting to see how he looks in Feb after 2 months of working out on his own.