PDA

View Full Version : Hello from an Arizona Cardinals fan! (I come in peace)

AZCardsWin
01-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Let me first say congradulations for your Superbowl victory over the Arizona Cardinals last season. For me it was an honor to be able to fly down to Tampa and see my Cardinals- finally- as part of the "Superbowl" experience. I was truly impressed how well the Steeler Fans travel and the game was one of the most exciting Superbowls in along time.

With all of that being said the Cardinals have slowly become the "Steelers West" with the amount of former Steeler coaches/players on their roster. The results have spoken for themselves over the past 2 seasons. One of my best friends loves the Steelers so I watch them a lot and they are my favorite AFC team.

I know your season didnt end the way you would of liked but feel free to root on the Arizona Cardinals in the NFL playoffs. I would love nothing more for the Cardinals-Steelers to meet in next years Superbowl!

Respectfully,
~Tim in NJ
:tt03:

stb_steeler
01-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the post....Yeah we see ole Wiz still has it. I kind of miss him on our offense.
You got to see last years SB, i bet theres lots of memories there?I know i have alot, and i have it on DVD...lol. Good luck to the Cardinals! Maybe we meet again.

SteelerEmpire
01-08-2010, 11:35 AM
We wish "The Wiz " the best of fortune in this playoff run.... we know he will keep his team's play style in the tradition of the "Steelers East ".....

Bigsteve332310
01-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Cards are by far my favorite team besides steelers..not just because of the former Steelers but former Panthers Larry FItz, LaRod Stephens-Howling, and Gerald Hayes. get that ring this year

GutterflowerSteel
01-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Welcome to the board, and good luck to the Cards in the playoffs. I always liked Coach Whis - he's still missed by many :helmet:

NJarhead
01-08-2010, 12:48 PM
:drink:

Nice post. Thank you and good luck!

Where in NJ?

SMR
01-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Nice post, buddy! Good luck against the Green Gay Packers this weekend!

SteelC7
01-08-2010, 02:53 PM
ya still like wiz, i wish he was on our staff instead or arians, but we gotta play the hand were dealt...good luck this weekend, i think of the cards as the steelers of the nfc too, wiz got a bunch of our coaches and former players so good luck steelers west

WH
01-08-2010, 02:58 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=752627#post752627

You have 5 definites, a bunch of no's, and a whole boatload of undecideds.

steelreserve
01-08-2010, 02:59 PM
I've got nothing against the Cardinals. Nothing for them either, but hey -- at least if they won, it wouldn't be a team I hate.

Why is it that the ONLY four teams I really detest in the NFL (outside of simple on-field rivalries) are the Pats, Colts, Cowboys and Packers, and they all had to win their division this year?

Please, at least take a couple of them out for me.

StainlessStill
01-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Welcome! Nice post, always nice to see classy fans come in for a shout out.

I mean no dis-respect, but as much as I love Cinderella stories, which the Cardinals portrayed first hand last year and believe it or not, this year, I will be rooting for the Pack this weekend only because Green Bay has such a storied franchise and is so much like the Steelers as far as organization and fans in every sense of the word.

With that said, I respect the Cards a great deal and wish you guys nothing but luck against Green Bay. I'd love to see either team, the Cards or the Pack win the Super Bowl this season. even though I think Philly will hoist the Lombardi. Both teams deserve it and it should be a great game.

As far as Whiz, I always liked Whiz. It's amazing what a coach can do to an offense that utilizes their talents to their strength and Whiz was ALWAYS bright when it came to that. He is without a doubt instilling the "Steelers" way in Arizona and that speaks wonders on where we are as an organization. The Cards are a scary team, esp at home. I always said Arizona was one of the toughest place to play when the stakes are high. Very frenzied.

Good luck and prove me wrong! If you advance, I'll be certain to root for the Red and White.:tt04:

Vincent
01-08-2010, 04:17 PM
...I respect the Cards a great deal and wish you guys nothing but luck against Green Bay. I'd love to see either team, the Cards or the Pack win the Super Bowl this season. even though I think Philly will hoist the Lombardi. Both teams deserve it and it should be a great game.

First, welcome.

Second, I echo the above.

I like both teams and have since the days of Jim Hart and Bart Starr. Old NFL cold Sunday afternoon after Church with the roast in the oven football. Respect and Sentiment for the Cards. Respect for the Pack. I've said it elsewhere... http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=751660&postcount=28

That said, I'm looking forward to that game and will likely root for the winner throughout the play offs.

Best wishes to you, your family, and the Cards!! :drink:

stlrtruck
01-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Let me first say congradulations for your Superbowl victory over the Arizona Cardinals last season. For me it was an honor to be able to fly down to Tampa and see my Cardinals- finally- as part of the "Superbowl" experience. I was truly impressed how well the Steeler Fans travel and the game was one of the most exciting Superbowls in along time.

With all of that being said the Cardinals have slowly become the "Steelers West" with the amount of former Steeler coaches/players on their roster. The results have spoken for themselves over the past 2 seasons. One of my best friends loves the Steelers so I watch them a lot and they are my favorite AFC team.

I know your season didnt end the way you would of liked but feel free to root on the Arizona Cardinals in the NFL playoffs. I would love nothing more for the Cardinals-Steelers to meet in next years Superbowl!

Respectfully,
~Tim in NJ
:tt03:

Welcome to the board, but in regards to your request to cheer on the cardinals, I must pass on it. It's nothing personal with the team, I favor the saints right now. If by chance the cardinals make it, then yes - I'll cheer them on.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Sorry dude, but the Crydinal fans that came here talking junk tainted my opinion last year. Trying to lecture us on how Steve Breaston was gonna be the answer and that we had nobody that could match up with his speed.

Then, afterwards all they did was cry about calls the zebra's made on late hits and how it gave the Steelers the win. Nothing personal to you, but I hope the Cardinals organization starts a downward spiral that makes them wish Neil Lomax would unretire. Then those fans that jumped on the bandwagon last year can go back to watching Wildcat basketball.

Back the Pack.

casteeler
01-08-2010, 05:22 PM
welcome... would you guys like to trade offensive coordinators? ahhh thought i'd give it a shot

Nadroj 20
01-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Welcome to the forum :wave: glad to see you come in peace :chuckle:

fat4jc
01-08-2010, 06:52 PM
I'll be rooting for the Packers in the NFC, and the Colts in the AFC.

AZCardsWin
01-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Alot of very nice thoughts/ views from all of you. And for those of you going for the Packers this week, thats cool too. But at some point during the game, you will some Steeler-esque plays that will make you proud :)

I think this week is Beanie Wells coming out party.

Go Cardinals!
~Tim in NJ

cubanstogie
01-08-2010, 08:24 PM
welcome... would you guys like to trade offensive coordinators? ahhh thought i'd give it a shot

Why they can't run the ball either. Although their run game has improved it has more to do with the addition of Wells than the OC.

Vincent
01-08-2010, 08:28 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Let's keep our laundry away from view. :chuckle:

Psssssst - See if they'll go for our OC and 2 #1s. :couch:

nikstar
01-08-2010, 08:48 PM
digging the steelers west

like I said i'll be rockin my fitz jersey this sunday proudly, i'm sure captain kurt and whiz will have some rams-esque trick plays dialed up and if they win it this year i will most likely get a beanie jersey...

i'm calling it right now that mcfadden picks one.

BigBen'sSwagger
01-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Got no problems with you or the Cards but would I never knew there really was a true cardinal fan. I thought there were a lot of cowboy/cardinal fans before last year but never really met an all out cardinal fan. Not trying to take a shot just my perception. The 3 teams around that I hate are cowpats, cheats and ratbirds. Got no beef with any others who are still in the race.

Welcome to the board.

AZCardsWin
01-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Got no problems with you or the Cards but would I never knew there really was a true cardinal fan.

Being from NJ there isnt a ton of us here but the "Big Red Army Fanclub" has brought a lot of us together. I met up with some of them in NYC the night before the Cardinals-NY Giants Sunday Night game and we had a blast. Come Sunday I am having about 10 Cardinal fans over my house- which also proudly displays a 7ft high blowup Cardinal player on the front lawn- which my wife can't stand- LOL. Im right in the middle of NY Giant country but I hold my own :)

~Tim in NJ

Check out the cool pic below when I met Kurt Warner last season!

tony hipchest
01-08-2010, 11:59 PM
definitely will be pulling for the cardinals. they are my local team, and living in cowboy country (a team i despise) i was ALWAYS a cardinal fan atleast twice a year.

i even have an old steve beurlein #7 jersey i bought for 7 bucks off a footlocker clearance rack cause i liked them, and it matched a pair of kicks i had.

i would dig it out but i doubt it fits loosely anymore.

anyways, they are steelers west...

plus the last time the cowboys actually won a playoff game (like 15 years ago) it was "steelers east" (carolina panthers) who put them away the following week.

AZ vs GB should be the non steelers game of the year. it will be like steelers offense vs steelers defense (too bad it cant be the NFCChamp game). :tt02:

Galax Steeler
01-09-2010, 05:44 AM
I would like to see the Cardinals do well in the nfc. I just hope it aint Dallas hopefully they will get put out in the first round.

Stlrs4Life
01-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Good Luck to the Cards.

AZCardsWin
01-10-2010, 09:50 AM
I would like to see the Cardinals do well in the nfc. I just hope it aint Dallas hopefully they will get put out in the first round.

Im sure im not alone in my hatred for Dallas. They celebrate every first down like a touchdown and their owner gets as much TV air time- then some of the players. Hopefully the legendary Brett Favre and rest of the Vikings will send Dallas packing next weekend in Minnesota.

Well gametime is about 7 hrs away, havent had a good nights sleep all week. Heres hoping to a big Arizona Cardinals victory today!

~Tim in NJ

Galax Steeler
01-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Im sure im not alone in my hatred for Dallas. They celebrate every first down like a touchdown and their owner gets as much TV air time- then some of the players. Hopefully the legendary Brett Favre and rest of the Vikings will send Dallas packing next weekend in Minnesota.

Well gametime is about 7 hrs away, havent had a good nights sleep all week. Heres hoping to a big Arizona Cardinals victory today!

~Tim in NJ

Good luck to you today.:drink:

SMR
01-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Being from NJ there isnt a ton of us here but the "Big Red Army Fanclub" has brought a lot of us together. I met up with some of them in NYC the night before the Cardinals-NY Giants Sunday Night game and we had a blast. Come Sunday I am having about 10 Cardinal fans over my house- which also proudly displays a 7ft high blowup Cardinal player on the front lawn- which my wife can't stand- LOL. Im right in the middle of NY Giant country but I hold my own :)

~Tim in NJ

Check out the cool pic below when I met Kurt Warner last season!

Aw man!! Sweet! I am not a big fan of the Cards- just kinda like them. But when it comes to the Warner himself- I've got tons of respect and admiration for him! Warner is a TRUE CLASS ACT.
:thumbsup:

4xSBChamps
01-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Packers have been one of my favorite teams for 40+ years, but although I'll be rooting for them, I respect what Kurt Warner has done on & off the field, and enjoy watching him play, so I won't be unhappy if he wins another Lombardi Trophy... as-long-as 'em Stillers aren't involved

Vincent
01-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Whudda barn burner. Shame somebody had to come up short. But I'm glad we'll get to see the Old Man again next week.

:hatsoff:

AZCardsWin
01-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Whudda barn burner. Shame somebody had to come up short. But I'm glad we'll get to see the Old Man again next week.
:hatsoff:

Cardinals will need all the help they can get against Drew Brees & Co. next week. But- wow- what a game yesterday. Great to watch, not great for the heart- LOL

~Tim in NJ

CargoJon
01-11-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm amazed at all of the push-offs Larry Fistgerald gets away with. Dear God.

4xSBChamps
01-11-2010, 01:58 PM

Merrill Hoge commented on ESPN lst night, about that, and a few holding penalties that weren't called:
Hoge simply laughed and said

"... it's an offensive-league... they'll NEVER call that..."

I said last-week that the League has bastardized the rules of the game, in an effort to placate the 'fantasy-football' players, statisticians on ESPN, and those with short attention spans, and last night's game was a perfect example;
it may've been 'entertaining', but sure as Hell wasn't football

:mad:

plenewken
01-11-2010, 02:15 PM

Agree. How could they not call offensive interference on his 2nd TD? Unreal!
What about the late hit on Rodgers which wasn't called either? Officiating sucked big time.

fansince'76
01-11-2010, 03:01 PM

What about the late hit on Rodgers which wasn't called either? Officiating sucked big time.

Agreed, but yet their fans have the nerve to continue to cry and whine and scream "conspiracy" over the officiating in the SB last year....