PDA

View Full Version : Seattle fires Mora

Vis
01-08-2010, 01:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4808557

Seattle Seahawks coach Jim Mora has been fired after one season, a source told ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Mora attended a meeting Friday morning with management, at which time he was told Seattle did not win enough games to save his job, the source said.

Angus Burgher
01-08-2010, 02:09 PM
LOL, Seattle is a mess these days. I think that Assholebeck is done. I think these last few injuries were the nail in the coffin. 7 games in 2008, 5 TDs, 10 INTs. 14 games in 2009, 17 TDs, 17 INTs. Time to hang it up.

Glad that Douchemenzedah picked Seattle as the place to kill his career.

KeiselPower99
01-08-2010, 04:14 PM
With the GM being fired Id say ownership wants the new GM to have his own guy in.

St33lersguy
01-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Fired after one year? Did Al Davis make the decision for seatttle?

AllD
01-08-2010, 04:28 PM
It was a mercy killing.

BrandonCarr39
01-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Mora Jr was never a good HC to begin with.

When he took the Falcons coaching job, IMHO, he ended up ruining Vick's progression - Vick was actually doing very well with Dan Reeves' simpler schemes, until Mora Jr came in and thought bringing in a very complex WCO was somehow a genious idea.

IMHO - they should just scrap the WCO altogether - I know Walsh was an HC genious, but now it's at a point where every coach thinks it's their meal ticket to a Lombardi, when, in fact, you need ALL the little pieces working together.

MasterOfPuppets
01-08-2010, 10:10 PM
to be fair,seattle isn't exactly loaded with talent...:noidea:
the ONLY player on thier roster i'd be interested in is Lofa Tatupu .

tony hipchest
01-08-2010, 10:25 PM
pete carroll and pat kirwan to seattle. just throwing that out there, because they worked together with the jets and still remain pretty tight.

:hunch:

MattsMe
01-08-2010, 10:40 PM
pete carroll and pat kirwan to seattle. just throwing that out there, because they worked together with the jets and still remain pretty tight.

:hunch:

I'm thinking Cowher will go to Seattle. I know the fans love him there. :flap:

tony hipchest
01-08-2010, 10:45 PM
:scratchchin: i wonder if his wife has a ball and chain that long.... :chuckle:

RoethlisBURGHer
01-08-2010, 11:18 PM
:scratchchin: i wonder if his wife has a ball and chain that long.... :chuckle:

:rofl: "WE JUST MOVED TO NORTH CAROLINA, WHERE IS IS WARM ALL THE TIME. I AM NOT MOVING TO F--KING SEATTLE! AT LEAST IS SNOWED IN PITTSBURGH! ALL IT DOES IN SEATTLE IS RAIN!"

As for Mora being fired, I never thought he was that good and I don't think that new management wanted Mora as coach anyhow. I think he was chosen as the guy who would replace Holmgren because of Mora's roots in the WCO, so the offense wouldn't change and they figured Hasselbeck would be back this year and be fine.

Instead, Hasselbeck sucks and the entire team looks in need of an overhaul.

BrandonCarr39
01-09-2010, 12:36 AM
to be fair,seattle isn't exactly loaded with talent...:noidea:
the ONLY player on thier roster i'd be interested in is Lofa Tatupu .

They never were that talented - they always had a small front 7, a merely good QB but not a great one, butterfinger receivers, a very weak NFCW until Wisenhunt came to the Cards, and a market noone really cares about.

In their Super Bowl trip when they went 13-3, they just happened to get a TON of lucky breaks all year. In some of their losses, you would scratch your head like, "How the heck did they win this game?".

silver & black
01-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Fired after one year? Did Al Davis make the decision for seatttle?

Nah... he's too busy #@$%^&*ing up his own team.

ricardisimo
01-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Why the hell is Frazier agreeing to meet with them? I find that repulsive.

Godfather
01-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Why the hell is Frazier agreeing to meet with them? I find that repulsive.

If the Pete Carroll deal falls through Frazier might get the job. Kind of like Lovie Smith when the Bears wanted to hire $$$$$$$$$$aban.

Venom
01-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Bye Mora , we hardly knew you .