PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning Wins 4th MVP

The Patriot
01-09-2010, 11:23 AM
By a landslide.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4811050

supa_fly_steeler
01-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Doesn't deserve it, didn't do anything so spectacular (whow his team went 14-2, Does that mean Big Ben get's one for going 15-1 and 13-0?).... on the other hand Chris Johnson broke records and Darrelle Revis shut down the best recievers in the world.

Even more reason now why i will hate Peyton.

Psyychoward86
01-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Doesn't deserve it, didn't do anything so spectacular (whow his team went 14-2, Does that mean Big Ben get's one for going 15-1 and 13-0?).... on the other hand Chris Johnson broke records and Darrelle Revis shut down the best recievers in the world.

Even more reason now why i will hate Peyton.

led 7 4th quarter comebacks? His team was last in the league in rushing yards per gameand had a questionable defense so Peyton had to win the games for his team? His team just happened to lose the 2 games when they didnt have peyton playing the whole game. Yeah, he deserved it.

supa_fly_steeler
01-09-2010, 12:21 PM
led 7 4th quarter comebacks? His team was last in the league in rushing yards per gameand had a questionable defense so Peyton had to win the games for his team? His team just happened to lose the 2 games when they didnt have peyton playing the whole game. Yeah, he deserved it.

he did not deserve it, Chris Johnson became the 6th rusher to go for over 2000 and set new records, that is worthy of M.V.P. but always quarterbacks get the votes, Darrelle Revis and Charles Woodson should get the votes over Peyton as well, it will be cool to see them intercept manning in the playoffs and return it for a touchdown to validate my statement.

CJ3K next year

St33lersguy
01-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Peyton and the AP, a slobbering love affair. Maybe these guys should go get a room

Edman
01-09-2010, 12:40 PM
It's going to be fun watching "the MVP" fold like a lawn chair in the playoffs again.

supa_fly_steeler
01-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Did anyone see Chris Johnsons twitter post.

Do any body got payton address I got to go get my award

msafford
01-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Did anyone see Chris Johnsons twitter post.

Do any body got payton address I got to go get my award

Chris Johnson is an arrogant piece of sh*t that doesn't deserve much of anything, except a swift kick in the arse. I'd imagine he might get the Offensive Player of the Year award, though.

Glace
01-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Pretty sure I'd cut off one of my hands to see a 2k yard rusher on the Steelers.

Johnson should have won.

Galax Steeler
01-09-2010, 02:13 PM
It is no surprise that he won it. If Brady hadn't got hurt then it would have come down to either one of them. Same stuff just a different year.

The Patriot
01-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Chris Johnson is an arrogant piece of sh*t that doesn't deserve much of anything, except a swift kick in the arse. I'd imagine he might get the Offensive Player of the Year award, though.

He has a point though. It really has become MVQB.

Are we supposed to believe that the four candidates for MVP this year all played the same position?

Nadroj 20
01-09-2010, 02:37 PM
he did not deserve it, Chris Johnson became the 6th rusher to go for over 2000 and set new records, that is worthy of M.V.P. but always quarterbacks get the votes, Darrelle Revis and Charles Woodson should get the votes over Peyton as well, it will be cool to see them intercept manning in the playoffs and return it for a touchdown to validate my statement.

CJ3K next year

Yes CJ had a great year no doubt, but if for some reason he got hurt the titans could make a gameplan without him and as hard as it might be to think...still do fine maybe not as good as with CJ but the titans overall wouldnt be that different of a team. Without peyton the colts arent a .500 team. They wouldnt even be dreaming of a playoff game if peyton got hurt early in the year. He deserved it easily.

supa_fly_steeler
01-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Yes CJ had a great year no doubt, but if for some reason he got hurt the titans could make a gameplan without him and as hard as it might be to think...still do fine maybe not as good as with CJ but the titans overall wouldnt be that different of a team. Without peyton the colts arent a .500 team. They wouldnt even be dreaming of a playoff game if peyton got hurt early in the year. He deserved it easily.

I hear ya man, but i just dont see why QB's always get the award, the steelers are just lucky we faced him in week 1 and not down the stretch with out porus defence or hell would of broken loose.

Nadroj 20
01-09-2010, 02:57 PM
I hear ya man, but i just dont see why QB's always get the award, the steelers are just lucky we faced him in week 1 and not down the stretch with out porus defence or hell would of broken loose.

That is true QB's do get regonized more, my only guess is because they are suppose to be the team leaders and as huge as peyton is to the Colts its hard to dispute his "value" to them.

I do like CJ though that guy is my #1 fantasy pick next season for sure! :chuckle:

supa_fly_steeler
01-09-2010, 03:02 PM
That is true QB's do get regonized more, my only guess is because they are suppose to be the team leaders and as huge as peyton is to the Colts its hard to dispute his "value" to them.

I do like CJ though that guy is my #1 fantasy pick next season for sure! :chuckle:

Yea, remember to take him off when we play him though that is if we errr unleash hell :doh:

I think Quarterbacks are the most recognised position in any sports, yea theres the david beckham punk in football, but theirs no key leader they can play any position but to be quarterback u must have leadership in the nfl... im just gonna wish the buddy good luck when he has to take over from peyton manning in the colts 1 day lol

RoethlisBURGHer
01-09-2010, 07:37 PM

The passing game is what killed us down the stretch, not the run game.

Also, to have a chance to win the MVP, you're team has to be good. When the Titans went 0-6 to start the season, that really killed any chance a Titans player would be considered.

cubanstogie
01-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Peyton or Rivers IMO you could have flipped a coin.

St33lersguy
01-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Chris Johnson should have won, 2,000 yards, nough said

steelreserve
01-10-2010, 09:48 PM
So once again, there's basically no MVP award; they just give it out based on name recognition. Why do they even bother having this anymore?

Oh well, at least it pretty much guarantees a first-round choke by the Colts again.

MasterOfPuppets
01-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Chris Johnson should have won, 2,000 yards, nough said
not to mention ONLY the 6th player to do it, in the pass happy era to boot... :noidea:

spicygirl
01-11-2010, 04:23 AM
Peyton manning=overrated. Has lost the most playoff games among active QB's. But he is the darling of the NFL because he has a good public image (always being in commercials...)

NFL draft (http://www.topnflnews.com/)

revefsreleets
01-11-2010, 09:46 AM
I'd have given it to Brees.

xfl2001fan
01-11-2010, 11:17 AM
One of the key reasons why Peyton continues to get the glory is because he calls his own plays and succeeds doing it. Despite the fact that they are an offensive oriented team, they are always in contention. This is as much a lifetime achievement award as it is an actual MVP. You take CJ off the Titans and they're still a losing team. You take Brady off the Patriots and they're 11-5 (ask Cassell). What can the Colts do without Manning? The MVP isn't called the "who played the best this year award". It's Most Valuable Player. Peyton does more for his team than any other player does for theirs. Brees is up there with him. Revis should get mentioned because he's been a stud this seasons (as has Woodson). But, from a team perspective, the Colts are nothing without Manning.

Nadroj 20
01-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Peyton manning=overrated. Has lost the most playoff games among active QB's. But he is the darling of the NFL because he has a good public image (always being in commercials...)

NFL draft (http://www.topnflnews.com/)

No way! He may have lost a lot of playoff games yea but he is a Great QB and their cant be any doubt about that.....hes FAR from "overrated".... He does have a ring BTW so yea he lost playoff games but hes also won the biggest game too.

Also hes in those commercials as a result of being a good athlete, they didnt just pick him to be in those commercials for the heck of it making him the "darling" of the NFL

revefsreleets
01-11-2010, 04:21 PM
One of the key reasons why Peyton continues to get the glory is because he calls his own plays and succeeds doing it. Despite the fact that they are an offensive oriented team, they are always in contention. This is as much a lifetime achievement award as it is an actual MVP. You take CJ off the Titans and they're still a losing team. You take Brady off the Patriots and they're 11-5 (ask Cassell). What can the Colts do without Manning? The MVP isn't called the "who played the best this year award". It's Most Valuable Player. Peyton does more for his team than any other player does for theirs. Brees is up there with him. Revis should get mentioned because he's been a stud this seasons (as has Woodson). But, from a team perspective, the Colts are nothing without Manning.

There are two QB's in the league who call their own plays....Manning and Roethlisberger. And Ben calls more of his own plays than Peyton does.

This is via Phil Simms in Parade Magazine....don't have a link.

xfl2001fan
01-11-2010, 09:14 PM
There are two QB's in the league who call their own plays....Manning and Roethlisberger. And Ben calls more of his own plays than Peyton does.

This is via Phil Simms in Parade Magazine....don't have a link.

Unfortunately (for Ben) Peyton does have a better O-line...and more recognition as an elite QB. He's also (generally) played with better WR's. His numbers (for the most part) are better, his sacks are fewer, etc...

If a play breaks down, I'd rather have Ben over anyone in the NFL...but to lead my team, I'd take Peyton in a heartbeat

lionslicer
01-12-2010, 02:06 AM
I thought Brees was more deserving.

plenewken
01-12-2010, 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=spicygirl;755395]Peyton manning=overrated. Has lost the most playoff games among active QB's. But he is the darling of the NFL because he has a good public image (always being in commercials...)

To lose playoff games, you have to be in the playoffs. Sounds stupid but it's already an accomplishment.
Manning has made the playoffs more often than any other current QB and has a far better winning record than any other current QB too.
I don't like him particularly but he's definitely the best active QB and by a large margin.

xfl2001fan
01-12-2010, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE=spicygirl;755395]Peyton manning=overrated. Has lost the most playoff games among active QB's. But he is the darling of the NFL because he has a good public image (always being in commercials...)

To lose playoff games, you have to be in the playoffs. Sounds stupid but it's already an accomplishment.
Manning has made the playoffs more often than any other current QB and has a far better winning record than any other current QB too.
I don't like him particularly but he's definitely the best active QB and by a large margin.

I don't know that it's by a Wide Margin...but I do believe he's the best in the game. He has an offense that is completely tooled around what he does best. The WR's were handpicked to fit into the offense. The HB's drafted to fit the offense. The O-line = same. I think if you could actually build a team completely around Big Ben, he'd actually enjoy more success. I'd give Ben the advantage in the "when the play breaks down and you need to improvise" department... However, your offense and your offensive players aren't all on the same skillset. It's like someone has tried to take parts from a Chevy 3/4T truck body/chassis and tried to add in some Ford Mustang engine pieces (coupled with some high end Corvette items.) Sure, you can find a mechanic to make it all fit together and work...but it won't be the well-oiled machine that Indy is. They are straight up Ferrarri over there with Peyton driving.