PDA

View Full Version : your 'sure-thing' of Wild-Card weekend

4xSBChamps
01-09-2010, 11:48 AM
which game is what you think offers the 'sure-thing', as-far-as picking a lock to win their game out-right

Saturday 9 January ~ NYJ @ Cin
Saturday 9 January ~ Phi @ Dal

Sunday 10 January ~ Bal @ NE*
Sunday 10 January ~ GB @ Az

I'm thinking that Dallas, who beat Philthadelphia 24-0 last week, when both teams had much riding on the outcome & neither team rested their starters, has the best chance of advancing:
Romo gets his first-ever playoff win, and Rendellphia chokes earlier-than-usual

Nadroj 20
01-09-2010, 02:03 PM
which game is what you think offers the 'sure-thing', as-far-as picking a lock to win their game out-right

Saturday 9 January ~ NYJ @ Cin
Saturday 9 January ~ Phi @ Dal

Sunday 10 January ~ Bal @ NE*
Sunday 10 January ~ GB @ Az

I'm thinking that Dallas, who beat Philthadelphia 24-0 last week, when both teams had much riding on the outcome & neither team rested their starters, has the best chance of advancing:
Romo gets his first-ever playoff win, and Rendellphia chokes earlier-than-usual

If i had to choose a "lock" to win their game i would go with New England beating baltimore, i just do not think baltimore is very good, the other games are to close for me and actually the one i chose can go the other way to but i see it as having the most chance as to go the way i think it might.

The Cowboys and Eagles is the most interesting to me, i dont care if the cowboys beat them the first two times i think this game is a toss up.

Galax Steeler
01-09-2010, 02:08 PM
I am thinking New England as well Baltimore has a decent defense but I think even with Welker out they will not have enough to hold up to New England's big play ability.

cubanstogie
01-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Hard to bet against Brady at home only giving 2.5 points. I know he is a system QB :chuckle: and all but his playoff record speaks for itself. Other games are a true gamble, you never know which Bengal team will show up, Romo has a big monkey on his back and the Cards are very banged up.

BrandonCarr39
01-09-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm 0-2 thus far, but I thought for sure Cincy was a slam dunk to win - Graham, despite shanking 2 easy FGs, was hardly the reason they lost. Palmer couldn't even hit a barn door, Ocho took a vacation, their D couldn't tackle, overall, they just weren't prepared to play.

Ravnet
01-10-2010, 12:50 AM
I'm 0-2 thus far, but I thought for sure Cincy was a slam dunk to win - Graham, despite shanking 2 easy FGs, was hardly the reason they lost. Palmer couldn't even hit a barn door, Ocho took a vacation, their D couldn't tackle, overall, they just weren't prepared to play.

Cincinnati? In the playoffs? A sure thing?

Child, please.

SteelerNation12
01-10-2010, 01:30 AM
my sure thing is GB beat Zona by double digits.

BrandonCarr39
01-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Cincinnati? In the playoffs? A sure thing?

Child, please.

Marvin Lewis is a tease - he's a good motivator when his team is a big underdog, but they can NOT play a full season. They struggled down the stretch, and were lucky to play some garbage teams to make their win total look good.

This is no different from the 2005 season when the Bengals looked Super Bowl bound, then tanked in the last couple of weeks.

LVSteelersfan
01-10-2010, 03:12 PM
All right. As much as I hate the Ratbirds they took New England and stomped their butt into the ground. WOO HOO. I love that look on Belicheat's face. Their so-called dynasty is DONE. Next week the Ratbirds will get toasted by Peyton Manning and company.

Crow-Magnon
01-11-2010, 08:02 AM
All right. As much as I hate the Ratbirds they took New England and stomped their butt into the ground. WOO HOO. I love that look on Belicheat's face. Their so-called dynasty is DONE. Next week the Ratbirds will get toasted by Peyton Manning and company.

I have no doubt that such an outcome is possible. Then again, I thought that might have been the outcome yesterday. If the Ravens can score first against the Colts and run the ball down their throats like they did against the Patriots, anything is possible.

Indy has a bad track record in the playoffs after resting their starters. The only year they won it all, they played their starters all the way through Week 17.

AllD
01-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Indy is playing at home indoors. Rats are coming off their peak game where all the stars and planets lined up. Won't happen again as Indy romps.

Nobody is even mentioning the facemask on Rodgers as he was being tackled on the last play in OT where he fumbled. Call the penalty and give them 15 yards and they might have won in the largest comeback since the Bills vs. the Oilers. However, the Cards played well enough to win which they did...with a little help from the refs.