PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Lynch accused of theft

OneForTheToe
01-09-2010, 12:43 PM
What a marooon. And an unlucky one at that. Making millions and stealing 20 bucks (if true). And it just so happens to be from a cops wife.:doh:

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch reportedly has been accused of stealing $20 from a police officer's wife.

The Buffalo News reported Saturday on its Web site that a complaint to police said Lynch took money from the woman last month at a restaurant in Hamburg, N.Y. The woman's husband, Buffalo Police Sgt. William Crawford, filed the complaint with Hamburg police a day after, but they delayed giving a statement to detectives until Wednesday.

The incident reportedly occurred Dec. 7.

Hamburg police declined to comment but confirmed that Crawford made a complaint.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/01/09/lynch.theft.ap/index.html

supa_fly_steeler
01-09-2010, 12:55 PM
lol idiot. he likes making a fool out of himself in januarys

Galax Steeler
01-09-2010, 12:56 PM
There is never a dull moment in the NFL. What will be next?

RoethlisBURGHer
01-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Wow. He should be suspended for life just for the sheer amount of retarded in him.

Chad Ochocinco doesn't embarrass the NFL like this. Other than being an attention *****, he's a model citizen off the field.

Nadroj 20
01-09-2010, 07:18 PM
20 bucks? what that guy makes isnt enough? he has to steal 20 dollars from some woman?

Wow

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Wow. He should be suspended for life just for the sheer amount of retarded in him.

Chad Ochocinco doesn't embarrass the NFL like this. Other than being an attention *****, he's a model citizen off the field.
yes..ocho moron is a standup guy off the field...except when he's holding bogus raffles and conning people out of money...

This season, the Cincinnati Bengals have been no stranger to the courthouse.

And now Chad Johnson becomes the latest member of the team to find himself on the defensive side of the courtroom – and a Newport comedy club stunt doesn't have too many people laughing.

On the field, there's nobody who would say "85" is not a winner.

But after a suspicious raffle at the Funny Bone Comedy Club at Newport on the Levee, some are saying Chad Johnson is acting like a real loser.

"Be a man. Do what you say you are going to do."

That's what Arika Greene has to say to Johnson after a bogus raffle left her empty handed.

A lawsuit claims Johnson promised a new Lexus car, Superbowl tickets and trips to winners of a charity raffle hosted at the Funny Bone.

People who bought the tickets and attended the raffle say Johnson's girlfriend, however, is the only one to drive off with a prize.

"You brought us down here, we paid the extra money," said Greene. "You give the car to your girlfriend."

Attorney Eric Deters says this more than just end-zone drama.

The claim and the promotion could be fraud.

"It's theft by deception," said Deters. "If you don't intend on giving the trips in the first place – they were told this money would co to charity."

Another woman who also attended the raffle at the comedy club, told 9News she doesn't want to be identified after an altercation with the football player and his fans.

"I can't believe Chad Johnson would do something like this," she told 9News. "We paid extra. We wanted to win a Lexus."

Deters says he was hesitant to name Johnson in the suit.

"All we want is for Chad, or the Funny Bone, to give these people their prizes," said Deters.

(NEWPORT) -- The attorney for the 30 plaintiffs who sued Chad Johnson and the Funny Bone Comedy Club in Newport say they have settled the suit for 100,000 dollars.

The case revolved around advertising which the plaintiffs claimed had Chad Johnson giving away a 45,000 dollar Lexus to a patron at the Funny Bone during a raffle. Johnson and the Funny Bone said there was no raffle and the car was a gift to a friend.

The settlement pays attorney fees and costs.

The trial was scheduled to begin next week.

4xSBChamps
01-10-2010, 07:07 AM
these prima-donnas are proof that you cain't polish a turd

St33lersguy
01-10-2010, 07:25 AM
How many times has this clown been arrested? Grow up you're in the NFL.

Rockonsteel
01-10-2010, 04:16 PM
20 bucks? what that guy makes isnt enough? he has to steal 20 dollars from some woman?

Wow

What if he doesn't need to steal $20 from this woman, and actually didn't? What did he go in her purse? Snatch it off the table when she wasn't looking? Did she see him pilfer this money from her? She could've lost it, and he happened to the person nearby at the time. I'm just saying, somebody saying he stole $20 from them, doesn't make it so. I have no idea whether he did or not, as I was not there. But, people lose money all the time, and falsely accuse whoever is around at the time. Don't get me wrong, i know dude has reputation as a knucklehead, but that's a fairly weak accusation unless she saw it or it's on camera or something.

Rockon

tony hipchest
01-10-2010, 04:35 PM
im not buying this story. he wasnt even arrested (and i doubt he will be).