PDA

View Full Version : EA Sports XL Simulation

BB2W
01-31-2006, 03:09 PM
Look to the Steelers to takes the Super Bowl, according to an Electronic Arts simulation of the NFL championship game set for Sunday in Detroit.

The EA version of the game, played on an Xbox 360 version of Madden NFL 06, saw the Steelers defeat the Seattle Seahawks 24-19. The Pittsburgh defence limited NFL MVP Shaun Alexander to just 70 yards rushing in the game and sacked Seattle quarterback Matt Hasselbeck four times.

Steelers running back Jerome Bettis, playing in his hometown, won MVP honours by scoring two touchdowns to go along with 41 yards rushing.

Bettis opened the scoring on a one-yard plunge late in the first quarter to cap a 10-play, 74-yard drive. The teams exchanged field goals in the second quarter, before Pittsburgh took advantage of an Alexander fumble on the Seattle 24-yard-line. Three plays later, Willie Parker scored on a seven-yard run off right tackle and the Steelers led 17-3.

Seattle made it 17-6 with a third-quarter field goal and reduced the deficit to 17-13 early in the fourth quarter when Alexander finished a seven-play, 66-yard drive early with a short dive off the left side.

Pittsburgh responded with a lengthy march, taking more than six minutes off the clock by going 73 yards in 13 plays - 11 of them runs - to go ahead 24-13 on a one-yard Bettis run.

With time running out, Hasselbeck hit Darrell Jackson on a 19-yard TD pass, but the ensuing two-point conversion failed, and an onside kick was recovered by the Steelers, who ran out the clock.

Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger completed 19 of 28 passes for 173 yards in the simulation while Steelers linebacker Joey Porter recorded seven tackles and two sacks.

Hasselbeck completed 21 of 29 passes for 220 yards while Jackson had 91 receiving yards.

In real life, Pittsburgh is a four-point favourite, according to Las Vegas oddsmaker Harrah's.

link: http://www.mytelus.com/sports/article.do?pageID=nfl/home&articleID=2157687&

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-31-2006, 03:25 PM
I like the outcome but I believe the game is missing a touchdown pass to Hines and one to Miller!! We are going LARGE to this game!

Justin Otstott
01-31-2006, 03:26 PM
this is funny last night i let the GBA Madden 06 version play and the steelers won...ill post a pic in a sec hold on...lol

Justin Otstott
01-31-2006, 03:29 PM
ok here its is lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/InflowRecords/gameshot.gif

Justin Otstott
01-31-2006, 03:32 PM
oh in that game the only touchs was Bettis and Ward...ward with a pass and bettis with a last second run for 43 yards!

clevestinks
01-31-2006, 03:35 PM
24-19! NO I`m saying Steelers 27 seattle 10

bangpow
01-31-2006, 03:38 PM
Well, I played a friend of mine last night and he was the Seahawks. I lost by a couple TD's while Alexander ran for 265 yards on me. Jones and Hutchinson DOMINATED the left side and Foote went out early with an injury.

Justin Otstott
01-31-2006, 03:41 PM
damn u must suck lol...but yea me and my friends play on All Madden and they are good but iv been on a winning streak for the past couple of months...i whiped the hawks playing a friend of mine who is really good at the game!

Hawk Believer
01-31-2006, 03:41 PM
Not that it means anything, but what is EA's record for simulted vs real outcomes?

Prosdo
01-31-2006, 03:42 PM
That would be an interesting stat.

Justin Otstott
01-31-2006, 03:44 PM
Not that it means anything, but what is EA's record for simulted vs real outcomes?

really it means nothing...but anyways

syde18T
01-31-2006, 03:52 PM
Madden simulations are all based off of team and player attributes from the previous season. Hence why a Heath Miller TD is unlikely. I'm pretty sure Miller's ratings will increase significantly come Madden 07.

boLT fan
01-31-2006, 03:54 PM

All I know is they predicted a Raider victory in the Tampa/Oakland SB.

And in my game, the Steelers were down at half so I "helped" them out. In the end, Steelers won 108-10

But when I did actually let the whole thing run the Seahawks kept winning... 26-17 once, 17-3 in another.

Hawk Believer
01-31-2006, 03:57 PM
really it means nothing...but anyways
LOL I figured I would take heat for that. I honestly don't believe what happens in a computer simulated football game will have any effect on the outcome of a game. I'd say that if EA was saying the Hawks were winners.

However, I do have some looky-loo part of me that is curious about how lucky the past simulations have been. I figure not so good, because they would have said something like "EA's simulations have accurately predicted the winner of the superbowl 5 out of 6 times or something like that."

Hammer67
01-31-2006, 04:53 PM
Madden simulations are all based off of team and player attributes from the previous season. Hence why a Heath Miller TD is unlikely. I'm pretty sure Miller's ratings will increase significantly come Madden 07.

Not if you download the weekly roster updates from EA....

Da'Burgh
01-31-2006, 05:07 PM
Not if you download the weekly roster updates from EA....
Exactly. Rosters are updated weekly on XBOX Live.

bangpow
01-31-2006, 05:08 PM
Exactly. Rosters are updated weekly on XBOX Live.

actually, they are updated monthly, not weekly. And the last roster update was from the beginning of December.

bangpow
01-31-2006, 05:10 PM
damn u must suck lol...but yea me and my friends play on All Madden and they are good but iv been on a winning streak for the past couple of months...i whiped the hawks playing a friend of mine who is really good at the game!

I actually like to consider myself to be pretty good at Madden, and my friend is too. We try to play real NFL style football with no cheese. I just couldn't stop his running game last night. The Seahawks O-Line was killing me all game long, no matter what formation I was in. It was getting to be pretty frustrating.

SteelersNationsfl
01-31-2006, 05:33 PM
I am going to let my Madden 2006 for PS2 with updated roster and information simulate a game and I will post the picture of the results in a little while.

Da'Burgh
01-31-2006, 05:39 PM
actually, they are updated monthly, not weekly. And the last roster update was from the beginning of December.
Well, ok then, I just got one just after the beginning of January.

SteelersNationsfl
01-31-2006, 06:49 PM
I am going to let my Madden 2006 for PS2 with updated roster and information simulate a game and I will post the picture of the results in a little while.

I will be posting the 1st half summary in a couple of minutes

SteelersNationsfl
01-31-2006, 06:57 PM
The game started as the steelers kicked off to the seahawks. Each team punted twice and then Three Pittsburgh Interceptions gave them a lead of 10-0 mid way in the second. The steelers then scored another touchdown and a field goal to make it 20-0 Steelers.

The image is crappy - crappy web cam
http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/6057/picture383ck.jpg

I will keep you posted at the end of the game

SteelersNationsfl
01-31-2006, 07:08 PM
In the third quarter the steelers only had punts but, Seattle scored a touchdown early in the quarter and then a FG late in the third to make it 20-10 Pittsburgh.

SteelersNationsfl
01-31-2006, 07:21 PM
At the end of the fourth quarter the steelers added a FG to the lead as they came out victorious 23-10.

Here is the image

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/8985/picture393rv.jpg

I know its means nothing but, it is interesting how we get different outcomes.

SteelersNation7
01-31-2006, 08:51 PM
Taking it alittle to far arent we??? I want Ben to win the MVP...but I've had some thoughts that I cant get out of my head....Troy wins MVP.

shevdog
01-31-2006, 09:42 PM

I saw the photo in your signature over the past week, yet haven't found it since. Where did you find that at? Is there a high resolution version of that?

Rust-Buster
01-31-2006, 11:12 PM
Damn, we lost the game? Well I guess I might as well skip the game and go to quilting fair. LOL