PDA

View Full Version : 2010: Which position do you want the Steelers to draft in the 1st round?

Steeldude
01-09-2010, 08:30 PM
it's the off-season...well for the steelers it's the off-season.

which position do you think needs addressing? you can choose more than one, but try to limit it to two choices only :smile:

Nadroj 20
01-09-2010, 08:36 PM
I went with CB and DL.......and for sure i want D no matter what

I want that shut down corner like Revis that would be awesome, and the D-line is gettting older and it would be nice to get some young stud to improve that area as well.

Aussie_steeler
01-09-2010, 08:42 PM
If you are giving 2 picks then I am voting O line and safety

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2010, 09:03 PM
i want a ball hawking FS, but the only one i'd want if he's available is thomas. my next choice would be a cb, but only if its donovan warren...my next choice would be anthony davis if they are not going to sign colon, but if they do i want guard ,Mike Iupati

Nadroj 20
01-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Im going with running back. I want to see a gamebreaker and CJ Spiller and Javid Best should get long looks at 18th BPA. IF Parker is resigned then DT.

Until Mendenhall breaks a long one im not convinced hes our feature back for the next 4 years

He broke one for 60 against oakland....

How can you not think mendenhall is a good back and you would want to draft a 1st round RB instead of secondary/d line first :noidea:

simonsfs30
01-09-2010, 11:59 PM
earl thomas, or the best player available at this positions LB OL CB

Steel Glory
01-10-2010, 01:20 AM
Tell me what players are still on the board for each position at number 18 and I'll tell you which position I would like. :coffee:

Anyways I would like to see us take a DB preffereably safety in the first, because CB has a ton of second round talent. However, Berry, Mays and Thomas could all be gone when we pick... :noidea: So whatever talent the staff has highest rated that is still on the board, whether it be o-line, d-line, db or lb is what I want them to pick.

I trust them as long as they don't go QB or WR.

devilsdancefloor
01-10-2010, 02:18 AM
ILB is what id like to see

Texasteel
01-10-2010, 08:12 PM
I said a safety first, hell I want two of them. Then an O-lineman.

MOP and I have been pushing Thomas for about 2 or 3 months now, we thought we had lost him, but now looks like a real possibility. I would also like a SS in the 3rd or 4th.

I would like to see a OT that could push Colon to the inside where I think he should be. I would also like one that can move to LT in a couple of years, or in an emergency, but would not frown on a knock their you know what in the dirt OG.

MasterOfPuppets
01-10-2010, 08:55 PM

MOP and I have been pushing Thomas for about 2 or 3 months now, we thought we had lost him, but now looks like a real possibility. I would also like a SS in the 3rd or 4th.

I would like to see a OT that could push Colon to the inside where I think he should be. I would also like one that can move to LT in a couple of years, or in an emergency, but would not frown on a knock their you know what in the dirt OG.
you should jump on the mike lupati wagon with me....:thumbsup: ...i didn't know much of him till i watched the humanitarian bowl . the dude is a total beast and could be our next faneca for 10 years. i posted a few vids on here somewhere. i loved the one where he just swated rey mauluga to the ground like a fly...:chuckle: the short yardage , goal line game is STILL a huge problem. people say a guard isn't worth a first rd pick...BULLSHIT.. faneca was our best most reliable blocker for YEARS and if they needed that tough yard they always ran behind faneca. lupati could be that guy.

Texasteel
01-10-2010, 09:45 PM
you should jump on the mike lupati wagon with me....:thumbsup: ...i didn't know much of him till i watched the humanitarian bowl . the dude is a total beast and could be our next faneca for 10 years. i posted a few vids on here somewhere. i loved the one where he just swated rey mauluga to the ground like a fly...:chuckle: the short yardage , goal line game is STILL a huge problem. people say a guard isn't worth a first rd pick...BULLSHIT.. faneca was our best most reliable blocker for YEARS and if they needed that tough yard they always ran behind faneca. lupati could be that guy.

Yea, I saw the videos, and they were impressive. I hope to see him in one of the all star games, I'd rather see him play than try to judge him running around in shorts. Do you know if he is playing in the Senior Bowl?

MasterOfPuppets
01-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Yea, I saw the videos, and they were impressive. I hope to see him in one of the all star games, I'd rather see him play than try to judge him running around in shorts. Do you know if he is playing in the Senior Bowl?

infact he is...:thumbsup: tebow is also playing... could be a bad move for him by playing..he may be exposed.

Steeldude
01-11-2010, 08:35 AM
i chose S or OT.

i think a NT can be found in the later rounds.

Texasteel
01-11-2010, 09:47 AM
i chose S or OT.

i think a NT can be found in the later rounds.

Is there a particular NT you are thinking of?

Texasteel
01-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Looks like most of us are thinking along the same lines so far S, OL, followed closely by LB.

fat4jc
01-11-2010, 12:40 PM
I chose based on Thomas not being there at 18 for us. With that in mind I chose DL and CB.

DL - Mt. Cody
CB - (Assuming Haden is gone) Donovan Warren

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-11-2010, 01:00 PM

If they show Colon the $$, he will play RT. I think Colon might get a better contract elsewhere and move on, so that means either a Rookie, Tony Hills or Trai Essex at RT. If Essex slides out, then look for Foster, Legursky, Urbik to get the RG spot.

The Mike Iupati OG bandwagon is a bit of a pipe dream I think. Really doubt a run blocking OG is gonna be selected #18 by a team with a passing offense.

Texasteel
01-11-2010, 03:34 PM
If they show Colon the $$, he will play RT. I think Colon might get a better contract elsewhere and move on, so that means either a Rookie, Tony Hills or Trai Essex at RT. If Essex slides out, then look for Foster, Legursky, Urbik to get the RG spot.

The Mike Iupati OG bandwagon is a bit of a pipe dream I think. Really doubt a run blocking OG is gonna be selected #18 by a team with a passing offense.

If we did go S or LB in the 1st, what would you think of trying to snag Fox later. Did you get a chance to look at him? He will probably slip some if he misses all the draft work outs.

supa_fly_steeler
01-11-2010, 03:43 PM
He broke one for 60 against oakland....

How can you not think mendenhall is a good back and you would want to draft a 1st round RB instead of secondary/d line first :noidea:

what a ****ing waste it would be to select a running back in this first round when mcclain, cody, thomas, spikes, haden, robinson, and others are gagging to be future franchise players imo i would stab the draft selector if he passed those people up.

i dont get why the heck do people want a running back in the first draft and he could go undrafted because ryan williams is so good.

wait a couple of years to get darren evans out of virginia tech he's exactly a ditto copy of willie parker and has 4.3 speed.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-11-2010, 03:47 PM
I have to go NT...only because I have doubts that the right DB will be available. If We trade up I would take Haden...but as of now I would go with Dan Williams and look for DB help in the 2nd round.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Is there a particular NT you are thinking of?

Maybe Torrell Troupe...but he ISNT Dan Williams by any stretch of the imagination.

St33lersguy
01-11-2010, 03:58 PM
I would like to see safety or NT assuming our options talent-wise

revefsreleets
01-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Sell out and move up for Joe Haden....

taztroy43
01-12-2010, 04:40 AM
I WANT THEM TO GET FS EARL THOMAS OUT OF TEXAS ONLY IF THEY DON'T TRADE UP FOR CB HADEN OR MLB MCCLAIN......

Galax Steeler
01-12-2010, 04:53 AM
I want Earl Thomas or a good Corner with the first pick.