PDA

View Full Version : So you remember after the SB in 2005 when everyone said Palmer>BB...

Cinnjerm
01-09-2010, 10:51 PM
and they said," Well if cincy had a defense like the Steelers Palmer would have won multiple championships by now." Wellllll...GTFO. LOL. I think if there was any doubt left in any sane (objective) person's head whether Ben was superior to Palmer, the debate should end today. I'm sure if you spoke to one of their fans they'll tell you how he was running for his life the entire game. Well, "Welcome to Ben's world." That's like every game for him and he won two chips now running for his life. Final verdict: BB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Palmer (and it's not even close):helmet:

steelwalls
01-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Now i's Flaggos turn.

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Just think of the draft class if Rivers goes to the SuperBowl

Ben 2 rings
Eli 1 ring
Rivers pending

steelerdude15
01-09-2010, 11:06 PM

Ben 2 rings
Eli 1 ring
Rivers pending
Yeah I have been thinking about that lately, could that make this one of the best draft classes in the history of the NFL?

steelerdude15
01-09-2010, 11:06 PM

Ben 2 rings
Eli 1 ring
Rivers pending
Yeah I have been thinking about that lately, could that make this one of the best draft classes in the history of the NFL?

Psyychoward86
01-09-2010, 11:11 PM
http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=3653816

:chuckle:

and yes, Psychoward would be me on those forums

CargoJon
01-09-2010, 11:12 PM
I watched this mess of a game and wondered how the hell we lost twice to these clowns.

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2010, 11:14 PM
I watched this mess of a game and wondered how the hell we lost twice to these clowns.

yep...Twice??? :doh:

Edman
01-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Carson had a chance to prove to the NFL World yesterday that he is an elite QB and he shit the bed hard.

No leg injury. Nothing. It was Carson's big stage, and he folded badly.

The "Carson is elite" people can keep their mouths shut.

Cinnjerm
01-09-2010, 11:30 PM

Yeah I felt the same way, but it's like they say," What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger." I for one have high hopes for next year. I see this year as a case of the Steelers (much like the Titans through the first half of the season) believing too much in their own hype. Even last year, they spent most of their season working their way up the various power rankings and the week before the Titans game everyone seemed to agree that Pittsburgh was the team to beat. We all know how that turned out and I think this year it was the same crap.
Bottom line: This is a team which already built for a championship run. All it needs is a few tweaks in ST and the secondary and I see a 12-4 season next year with ease (regardless of schedule, though the harder the schedule, the more likely it'll happen).

CantStop85
01-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Not to use this as an excuse, just an observation (one that worries most Bengals fans)...Carson Palmer hasn't been the same since 2005. I don't know why; but he's been barely above average the past few seasons.

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Not to use this as an excuse, just an observation (one that worries most Bengals fans)...Carson Palmer hasn't been the same since 2005. I don't know why; but he's been barely above average the past few seasons.

above ? :doh: i feel like an idiot for defending him in another thread when someone said he sucks...:doh: palmer is just flat out playing scared. his mechanics are shot, he's afraid to plant his foot and step into the throw, so he overthrows constantly... the bengals should start looking fo groom his replacement...that 100 mill contract ain't paying dividens...

supa_fly_steeler
01-09-2010, 11:44 PM
SO what about palmer not same since 2005, hes a *****.

what about Ben Roethlisberger cycle accident

FAR MORE SERIOUS, yet he had 2 best of his years afterwards in 2007 and 2009 and had a super bowl in 2008.

please keep the excuses coming.

much love supa fly steeler

steel9guy
01-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Carson Choker. He looks like a lame duck throwing passes. HOW THE HECK CAN PEOPLE SAY HE IS BETTER THAN BIG BEN. he even has chokocinco and that doesn't help and a good defense for once.

Shea
01-09-2010, 11:49 PM

Psychologicaly, for a person that's probably always played football from a very young age, his knee injury took him into a completly different realm where he will probably take awhile to overcome and become accustomed to, since - even though it's been a few years - it's an area that is foreign to him.

Whenever you need to heal in order to have a part of a cadaver put within your body is telling. And isn't a side effect of that a life-long daily medicinal input to not reject that? An everyday reminder of what has happened to your body??? Just guessing on what that might be like. Could be way off.

Just a guess on my part, but those injuries have to not only effect the body but the mind. Maybe he'll be able to overcome that in the future, but he definitely hasn't to this point.

CantStop85
01-09-2010, 11:52 PM
above ? :doh: i feel like an idiot for defending him in another thread when someone said he sucks...:doh: palmer is just flat out playing scared. his mechanics are shot, he's afraid to plant his foot and step into the throw, so he overthrows constantly... the bengals should start looking fo groom his replacement...that 100 mill contract ain't paying dividens...

Well, on first impression it would be easy to say that the knee injury has been the source of his problems...but then again, he came back that following season and put up 4,000 yards, 28 TD's, 13 Int's, 62.3% completion, and a 93.9 rating (not quite as good as his 2005 season, but still pretty damn good).

It wasn't until 2007 that you saw the huge drop off in his production...I'm not quite sure why he would have suddenly started playing scared then, when he hadn't appeared to the year before. The elbow injury probably hasn't helped matters...but he was struggling before then.

You're definitely right about the mechanics...he's been really off at times this season. I just don't know why. The strange thing is...he's also been more mobile this season than ever before, which is surprising due to the plethora of injuries he's had and the fact that he was pretty immobile to begin with. Sometimes I feel like Carson and his brother have switched jerseys. :noidea:

Edit:

SO what about palmer not same since 2005, hes a *****.

what about Ben Roethlisberger cycle accident

FAR MORE SERIOUS, yet he had 2 best of his years afterwards in 2007 and 2009 and had a super bowl in 2008.

please keep the excuses coming.

much love supa fly steeler
You missed my point. I'm not making excuses for Palmer...if anything I'm criticizing him...he's sucked it up the past few years.

MasterOfPuppets
01-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Well, on first impression it would be easy to say that the knee injury has been the source of his problems...but then again, he came back that following season and put up 4,000 yards, 28 TD's, 13 Int's, 62.3% completion, and a 93.9 rating (not quite as good as his 2005 season, but still pretty damn good).

It wasn't until 2007 that you saw the huge drop off in his production...I'm not quite sure why he would have suddenly started playing scared then, when he hadn't appeared to the year before. The elbow injury probably hasn't helped matters...but he was struggling before then.

You're definitely right about the mechanics...he's been really off at times this season. I just don't know why. The strange thing is...he's also been more mobile this season than ever before, which is surprising due to the plethora of injuries he's had and the fact that he was pretty immobile to begin with. Sometimes I feel like Carson and his brother have switched jerseys. :noidea:

Edit:

You missed my point. I'm not making excuses for Palmer...if anything I'm criticizing him...he's sucked it up the past few years.
so then he looks like a qb thats not comfortable in the pocket and is trying to avoid a hit ? :tap:

supa_fly_steeler
01-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Cantstop85, i respect u an all its just rivalry discussion but can u change ur name to revisstop85?

thanks.

CantStop85
01-10-2010, 12:13 AM
so then he looks like a qb thats not comfortable in the pocket and is trying to avoid a hit ? :tap:

Meh, I mean mobile in a good sense...not in the "afraid to take a hit" sense. When the rush gets to him he's been able to get out of the pocket and buy time and if there's nothing open down the field, he's been willing to tuck it in and run for it. In the past, he was like a statue in the pocket.

That's the only area where there's been any improvement. The mechanics have been bad. I do understand the fear of taking a hit affecting his mechanics. The thing I don't understand is why he was OK the season right after he got the knee injury but then has seemed gun shy ever season after that. It seems like if that were the main problem it would have affected him the most that season. :noidea:

Edit:
Cantstop85, i respect u an all its just rivalry discussion but can u change ur name to revisstop85?

thanks.
Only if you change your screen name to the correct spelling of "super."

steelerchad
01-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Meh, I mean mobile in a good sense...not in the "afraid to take a hit" sense. When the rush gets to him he's been able to get out of the pocket and buy time and if there's nothing open down the field, he's been willing to tuck it in and run for it. In the past, he was like a statue in the pocket.

That's the only area where there's been any improvement. The mechanics have been bad. I do understand the fear of taking a hit affecting his mechanics. The thing I don't understand is why he was OK the season right after he got the knee injury but then has seemed gun shy ever season after that. It seems like if that were the main problem it would have affected him the most that season. :noidea:

Edit:

Only if you change your screen name to the correct spelling of "super."

Supa - I would do this. You'd be getting the far better end of the deal, and I for one would find the Revisstop85 screen name pretty funny.

Stlrs4Life
01-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Supa - I would do this. You'd be getting the far better end of the deal, and I for one would find the Revisstop85 screen name pretty funny.

So would I. :thumbsup:

steelcity1974
01-10-2010, 09:36 AM
It's Kimo's fault

KeiselPower99
01-10-2010, 10:08 AM

I wondered that as well.

WH
01-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Why do I find myself rooting for the Ravens right now. Why can I stomach a Ravens SB more than say a Patriots SB?

Gnutella
01-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Carson Palmer has the smarts and the skills to be a top-tier QB in the NFL, but I do wonder about his intangibles. I need to see more "it" in him -- "it" being the ability to dig deeper when the sh*t hits the fan, or when the stakes are highest. In that respect, I compare him to Donovan McNabb, a QB who is at his best only when things are going according to plan.

Gnutella
01-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Why do I find myself rooting for the Ravens right now. Why can I stomach a Ravens SB more than say a Patriots SB?

I'm rooting for the Ravens next weekend.

Angus Burgher
01-10-2010, 11:25 PM
I wouldn't root for the Ravens if they were playing against Hitler.

Shea
01-10-2010, 11:42 PM

I'm with you on this one. I hate the Pats* more than I do our division rivals.

Some might see that as cause to take away my terrible towel, but damn if they would be able to pry that away from my hands now or even from my cold-clinched fists should death find me. Ain't gonna happen, sorry.

I've never hated a team as much as I do the Patriots - in any sport, in any time EVER in my life.

Galax Steeler
01-11-2010, 04:17 AM
I wouldn't root for the Ravens if they were playing against Hitler.

Not me go Colts

WeegiesWarriors
01-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Don't send kids to do a man's job. They should send the Steelers or Ravens from the North no matter what the final standings look like. Never send the bengs or browns. What an incredible choke job. How does Lewis keep a job. What exactly has he even done?

steelballs
01-11-2010, 06:54 AM
Not me go Colts

I'm with you...Go Colts!

markymarc
01-11-2010, 04:58 PM
I am rooting for the Arizona Cardinals to win it all now since they knocked out the Packers. Maybe Kurt Warner can go out on top.

WH
01-11-2010, 05:59 PM
If AZ wins the bowl, I hope something forgets to make Matt Leinarts ring. He deserves a ring about as much as many of us.