PDA

View Full Version : Steelers - Timing is everything.

steelerchad
01-10-2010, 09:49 AM
The Steelers 5 game losing streak was painful and put the Steelers in a position they couldn't recover from. This team just didn't quite have it this year. They were just missing something for most of the season. One thing I noticed was how important timing seems to be in the NFL.

We lost to the Bengals twice this year, both games were early in the season when the Bengals had "peaked" prematurely. They were playing very good football early, but kind of sputtered down the stretch. More evidence of this was seen yesterday. You could see that coming from a mile away. I believe had the Bengals been one of our last 3 games we win that game, they just weren't the same team late.

We ran into the Raiders when they were actually playing decent ball. Gradkowski had them moving the ball. He led them to a win against Philly and us. Then he got hurt and they were a mess again. Jamarcus, certainly doesn't being them back against us. TIming again?

Cleveland, actually finished strong and were competing down the stretch. I believe they didn't lose again after our game, winning their last 4 games.

No real excuse for the Chiefs except for the timing of Big Ben's injury in OT. I think BB leads them to a score if not injured. The Chiefs basically sucked all year.

stillers4me
01-10-2010, 11:26 AM
We lost to the Bengals twice this year, both games were early in the season when the Bengals had "peaked" prematurely. They were playing very good football early, but kind of sputtered down the stretch. More evidence of this was seen yesterday. You could see that coming from a mile away. I believe had the Bengals been one of our last 3 games we win that game, they just weren't the same team late.

And what NFL brainiac gave the Bengals all their division games in the first half of the season?