PDA

View Full Version : The Super Bowl of your nightmares

Gnutella
01-10-2010, 10:45 PM
There are now eight teams left. Of the remaining eight, which matchup would be the most unbearable for you? For me, it's Colts/Cowboys. I don't want the Colts matching our Super Bowl total for the decade, and I don't want any team matching our overall Super Bowl total, let alone the Cowboys.

Generally, I prefer every remaining NFC team except the Cowboys over every remaining AFC team, and I prefer every remaining AFC team over the Cowboys.

AFC order of preference

1. Chargers
2. Jets
3. Ravens
4. Colts

NFC order of preference

1. Saints
2. Vikings
3. Cardinals
4. Cowboys

Overall order of preference

1. Saints
2. Vikings
3. Cardinals
4. Chargers
5. Jets
6. Ravens
7. Colts
8. Cowboys

mwittman5
01-10-2010, 10:59 PM
living in san diego and getting crap from charger fans i do not want the chargers to make the superbowl. Im tired of these bandwagon charger fans. so idc who wins or goes to the superbowl as long as it's not the chargers or cowboys

MACH1
01-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Ratbirds-cowgirls

Dino 6 Rings
01-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Really, anyone that's not already in my signature I'd be cool with. Cards, Vikes, Saints or Chargers.

Hotrodder07
01-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Ratbirds-cowgirls

That would be the worst possible Superbowl, for sure. It would be painful to watch.

SteelCityMom
01-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Cowgirls and Ratbirds gets my vote as well...though I'd be slightly in favor of the Rats winning. The game would just make me puke though.

supa_fly_steeler
01-10-2010, 11:15 PM
That would be the worst possible Superbowl, for sure. It would be painful to watch.

true. dont watch chargers to playoffs bunch of assholes.

Dino 6 Rings
01-10-2010, 11:16 PM
for me it would have been the Patriots and Cowboys...now...anyone but the Cowboys and I can be ok.

Colts eh...if they go and lose to the VIkings, that would be hilarious.

Saints...yeah ok, Cards, so Much Pitt talent I wouldn't mind.

Ravens...blech...but still it would make it 2, not 6.

Chargers...can Norv Turner really win the SB as head coach?

Jets, NO. Jets Cowboys would make me sick. New Jersey Jets fans are the worst.

pepsyman1
01-10-2010, 11:19 PM
I also wouldn't mind seeing the Colts win. I think Peyton Manning has played lights out for almost his whole career, and his brother is a fraud who lucked into his Superbowl win; it would cool for Peyton to have a little bit more hardware to show for it. I think Norv Turner is another fraud that was handed a great team, so really I don't want to see the Chargers win. The Cowboys can make it to the show as long as they lose....LOL (no six ring for them allowed) Next years Superbowl would be cool to see the Steelers and Cowboys again...time for a little payback for that one loss we have.

MasterOfPuppets
01-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Ratbirds-cowgirls

:iagree:

tony hipchest
01-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Ratbirds-cowgirls

Really, anyone that's not already in my signature I'd be cool with. Cards, Vikes, Saints or Chargers.

i really want the cardinals to win because an entire offseason of "we shoulda hired wisenhunt" threads around here would be really cool, and deflect away from all the arians attention. :thumbsup:

:tt03:

(can you imagine whiz taking the lowly cardinals to the big game 2 years in a row, and tomlin not doing the same with the steelers? WOOOOO!)

MACH1
01-10-2010, 11:34 PM
(can you imagine whiz taking the lowly cardinals to the big game 2 years in a row, and tomlin not doing the same with the steelers? WOOOOO!)

With all our castoffs.

Should be fun.

Shea
01-10-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm rooting for either the Vikes or Saints to win the whole enchilada. Don't much care for who makes it to the dance on the AFC side, but prefer it not be the Ravens.

Vikes or Saints not winning, or hell not even making the SB, would be my nightmare scenario and a crappy way to end the football season.

KeiselPower99
01-10-2010, 11:39 PM
The worst game is gonna be this weekend. Vikings vs Cowboys. Who will get sucked off more by fox????

Angus Burgher
01-11-2010, 12:08 AM
Ravens/Cowboys would be awful. But not as awful as Ravens/Eagles. That match-up would have made me want to shoot myself. At least now that's not something I have to worry about.

Hopefully the Ratbirds and the Clownboys will both get knocked off next week and I'll be able to truly enjoy the playoffs.

Rick5895
01-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Anybody but the Cowboys and Chargers.

GodfatherofSoul
01-11-2010, 12:17 AM
I'd say Cowboys because the knob polishing the media already does would get amped up about 1000%. Maybe Vikings would suck just as bad because I can't stand hearing about Favre, either.

On the AFC side, probably the Ravens since I get tired of listening to them running their damned mouths.

I'd rooting for the Chargers since they deserve a shot after all the bad luck they've had in the playoffs (including Schottenheimer choking his way out of a lot of good chances). I'd like to see New Orleans get their shot, too. Especially after all the "OMG they're a top seed but they didn't finish strong" jibba jabba.

steelerdude15
01-11-2010, 12:22 AM
the ravens and cowboys:puke:

Aussie_steeler
01-11-2010, 01:39 AM
I had a nightmare once where Philadelphia (white) played the Eagles (green) in the Superbowl. And Donovan McNabb finally got to hoist the Vince Lombardi trophy whilst the losing quarterback D Mac was crying on the sidelines. Philly fans were ecstatic both cheering the winners and throwing snowballs at the losers.

When I woke up I realised that this would be the only way that McNabb would ever win the superbowl.

( note: mcnabb (philadelphia white) tried as hard as he could to lose it but he was lucky that he had 52 other guys to win it for him. Philadelphia won because the Eagles (green) knocked McNabb out of the game. Unfortunately for the Eagles D-Mac quarterbacked the whole game for them............so technically a McNabb didnt win the superbowl in my nightmare)

and sorry Tony.....i wasnt medicated at the time of this nightmare, but it was one freaky nightmare

saveus1011
01-11-2010, 01:47 AM
Chargers/Vikings and Chargers/Cowboys are tied for me. The former because of personal reasons, the latter because I hate the Charger fans and I don't want the 'Boys matching our total.

OneForTheToe
01-11-2010, 02:04 AM
Ratbirds-cowgirls

Bingo .... that would be a nightmare. In the end, I would have to root for ... gulp ... the rat birds, because nothing would be worse than Jeeeery Jones getting his sticky hands (I'm not sure they are sticky, I just assumed) on another Lombardi Trophy.

Galax Steeler
01-11-2010, 04:37 AM
I have to agree with the Ravens and Cowboys.I don't see it a happening anyway.

steelerfan29_99
01-11-2010, 09:35 AM
have to say i'd like to see the cards win it all....alot of pitt talent on that team and it's be good to see a team thats sucked for so long actually win it..

StainlessStill
01-11-2010, 09:48 AM
Obviously for ANY Steelers fan the matchup from HELL would be Baltimore/Dallas. I can see Balty upsetting Indy, but I don't count as that being the Super Bowl. Right now, by the way the NFL playoffs are working, it is as un predictable AS IT GETS but yes, Ratbirds/Cowpokes would be dreadful.

I was rooting for GB to win it all, and after last night, which was possibly the greatest post season playoff game I've ever watched, it stinks GB couldn't pull away with one.

Right now, I wouldn't mind at all seeing the Vikes, Cards, Saints, Indy OR SD winning, so that means Dallas and Balty must lose for us to be good until the 2010-2011 season!

X-Terminator
01-11-2010, 10:10 AM
i really want the cardinals to win because an entire offseason of "we shoulda hired wisenhunt" threads around here would be really cool, and deflect away from all the arians attention. :thumbsup:

:tt03:

Oh God, NO! I would not be able to stand it! I already know one member who will go on...and on...and on...and on about it, and how much Tomlin sucks, and how the Rooneys should have fired him after this season and blah, blah, blah. :banging: I was going to root for the Cards, but now that you mentioned that...no effing thanks.

GO VIKES!

Prok
01-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Ratbirds-cowgirls

True dat !!

That would be worst case scenario for me.

And I fear that that matchup is likely to happen... :blah: :doh:

Me preference for SB matchup would be Colts/Vikings or Jets/Vikings. How crazy would it be should the Jets make it with a rookie QB ?? lol

steelax04
01-11-2010, 11:05 AM
+1 for Ravens/Cowboys...

My hope is that it's Colts/Saints... I wouldn't mind either of those teams winning it.

Or the Vikes so Favre could tell everyone to shove it.

SteelerEmpire
01-11-2010, 11:17 AM
I can take the Saints and Jets...

Venom
01-11-2010, 11:32 AM
If giving a choice , I would like to see the Saints vs Colts with the Saints winning it out in a shootout like 34-31:thumbsup:

memphissteelergirl
01-11-2010, 12:21 PM
+1 for Ravens/Cowboys...Same here....ugh!! :mad:

My hope is that it's Colts/Saints... I wouldn't mind either of those teams winning it. (Same here....I'd be leaning more towards 'Nawlins, though...a SB win would be HUGE for that city)

Or the Vikes so Favre could tell everyone to shove it.(I dunno...Favre has really become a drama queen lately...my level of respect for him has decreased quite a bit. However, would be nice for "All Day" to get a ring)

If it ends up being the Cowgirls and the Ratbirds in the SB....I'll just go shopping and go to a movie that day. :doh:

Dino 6 Rings
01-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Oh God, NO! I would not be able to stand it! I already know one member who will go on...and on...and on...and on about it, and how much Tomlin sucks, and how the Rooneys should have fired him after this season and blah, blah, blah. :banging: I was going to root for the Cards, but now that you mentioned that...no effing thanks.

GO VIKES!

Good points, can you imagine if Wiz gets there again?

the Drama would be out of this world on this board.

casteeler
01-11-2010, 12:22 PM
I can take the Saints and Jets...

^^^ i like this one as well.. not as a nightmare but it would be interesting.I would also like to see the the colts defense exposed for what it is, a steaming pile of crap ! Balt 31 Indy 14

steelreserve
01-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Colts-Cowboys is the only one still on the board that I absolutely couldn't stomach.

Patriots-Packers would've been my real nightmare matchup, since those are by far my two least favorite teams in the NFL, possibly in all of sports. Only the Yankees can also compete for that first tier of hatred.

This doesn't mean that I don't loathe the Colts or Cowboys; it's just not quite the kind of hatred where you immediately want to punch someone in the mouth. So in terms of who got eliminated this weekend, I was about as happy as can be.

fansince'76
01-11-2010, 12:28 PM

I'm not rooting for the Cards mainly because of all the pissing and moaning their (mostly bandwagon) fans did after the SB last year. They were every bit as bad as the Squawks fans after SB XL. I'm hoping the Saints win it all.

saveus1011
01-11-2010, 12:36 PM

Unfortunately, I met Kurt Warner and he was arguably the nicest celebrity I've ever met so I do like to see him succeed.

xfl2001fan
01-11-2010, 12:39 PM
AFC order of preference

1. Colts
2. Chargers
3. Jets
4. Ravens

NFC order of preference

1. Saints
2. Cardinals
3. Vikings
4. Cowboys

1. Saints
2. Cardinals
3. Colts
4. Chargers
5. Vikings
6. Jets
7. Cowboys
8. Ravens

As long as none of the last 3 win it, I'm fairly comfortable. I'm sick of Favre and don't care for a HB who fumbles a lot (AP) but I could manage Favre winning. Absolutely don't want to see BE with a ring before Cleveland gets one...and as much as I detest the Cowboys, I wish the Ratbirds would fall off the face of the planet.

Angus Burgher
01-11-2010, 01:02 PM
AFC order of preference

1. Colts
2. Chargers
3. Jets
4. Ravens

NFC order of preference

1. Saints
2. Cardinals
3. Vikings
4. Cowboys

1. Saints
2. Cardinals
3. Colts
4. Chargers
5. Vikings
6. Jets
7. Cowboys
8. Ravens

As long as none of the last 3 win it, I'm fairly comfortable. I'm sick of Favre and don't care for a HB who fumbles a lot (AP) but I could manage Favre winning. Absolutely don't want to see BE with a ring before Cleveland gets one...and as much as I detest the Cowboys, I wish the Ratbirds would fall off the face of the planet.

Exactly how I feel. Everytime Baltimore scores a touchdown... somewhere a kitten gets curbstomped.

Nadroj 20
01-11-2010, 01:05 PM
The only team I absolutely do not want winning is the cowboys so they don't get #6

Jaquila
01-11-2010, 03:07 PM
as long as Saints wins it all i would be happy=)
But these teams make me sick!
Colts (pitty since Manning is one hell of QB and one of the greatest of all time, but I cant stand their fans!)
Ratbirds (we all know why)
Cowboys (oh god plz dont give Romo a ring, it would make me sick)

a SB between Ravens and Cowboys would hurt so much that i wouldnt watch it and I mean that.

any SB without Steelers... is a sad SB=)

steelcity1974
01-11-2010, 05:06 PM
No chance for a nightmare SB for me now that the Patriots and Bengals are out of it. Nothing pleased me more this weekend than seeing those teams suck so bad. Pats fans booing so early in the game was HILARIOUS!

Pentheon
01-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Ravens vs Cowboys...

Hate the Ravens and don't want the cowboys to match our superbowl wins.

I wanna see the Saints win it all for sure, their city deserves it.

Colts vs Saints

Cinnjerm
01-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Pretty much any scenario which includes the Ratbirds would be a nightmare for me. Call it spite, but I just detest the idea of anyone else from our division winning anything of significance without first having to dispatch the Steelers. Oh, and as far as the Cowboys go, I could care less if they match our SBs cause we're still going to be the first to seven!!! :tt:

rick723
01-11-2010, 05:47 PM

I would like to see the rats in the SB with the Saints. Then the Saints win. Stock market does better when an NFC team wins the bowl

Burghfan58
01-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Last week it was Pats vs. Cowboys. Now it is Rats vs. Cowboys.:yuck:

4xSBChamps
01-11-2010, 06:17 PM
I have thought, since the season ended and pairings announced, that Dallas & San Diego will play in Miami next month:
I like the Chargers' side of the ladder, and the Crygirls are peaking at the best-possible moment.

Baltimore, primarily because of Stabby Stabberson, is my least-liked AFC team, and of-course NO self-respecting Stiller fan could root for the Crygirls, and I don't like how Favre (once a favorite of mine) yanked the Packers organization around for a few years before 'retiring' for the first time, so I'd hate to see the Vizqueens get there, either:
I'd be OK with the Chargers/Jets winner playing the victor of the Cards/Saints tilt

GodfatherofSoul
01-11-2010, 08:50 PM
If giving a choice , I would like to see the Saints vs Colts with the Saints winning it out in a shootout like 34-31:thumbsup:

Um sir were you watching Sunday night? "Shootout" has a new definition!

4xSBChamps
01-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Um sir were you watching Sunday night? "Shootout" has a new definition!

... yeah... but that wasn't football... maybe 'basketball-on-steroids', but DEFINITELY-not football

:thmbdown:

zulater
01-11-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm just glad the Patriots are gone. I can find a silver lining with anyone else winning.

I hate Dallas, but a Cowboy SB would show the league once again that selfish players like TO make a team worse no matter how talented they may be.

Randy Moss lovers take notice.

The Ravens. I got a lot of friends and an uncle I like a lot who are Ravens fans. They were all gracious last year when the Steelers won it all so I guess I could swallow hard and do the same in turn.

Cards. I love Larry Fitzgerald and also wouldn't mind seeing Warner seal his bid into Canton.

Chargers. LT is deserving.

Jets. I'm really getting into Rex Ryan. what a character.:chuckle:

Colts. Can't deny I'm a Manning fan. :tt03:

Vikes. Well I guess after all those years of losing the Super Bowl in the 70's the fans of minnesota deserve a win now.

Saints. How can you root against the Saints?

So for me once the Patriots were out, I've got no nightmares no matter who wins. :applaudit:

Steely_J
01-11-2010, 09:47 PM
There are now eight teams left. Of the remaining eight, which matchup would be the most unbearable for you? For me, it's Colts/Cowboys. I don't want the Colts matching our Super Bowl total for the decade, and I don't want any team matching our overall Super Bowl total, let alone the Cowboys.

Generally, I prefer every remaining NFC team except the Cowboys over every remaining AFC team, and I prefer every remaining AFC team over the Cowboys.

AFC order of preference

1. Chargers
2. Jets
3. Ravens
4. Colts

NFC order of preference

1. Saints
2. Vikings
3. Cardinals
4. Cowboys

1. Saints
2. Vikings
3. Cardinals
4. Chargers
5. Jets
6. Ravens
7. Colts
8. Cowboys

My worst case SuperBowl would be Ravens vs. Cowboys...

Best case would be Jets vs. Saints.... maybe even the Cardinals. I wouldn't mind seeing Larry Fitz with a ring,.. dude was a monster at Pitt, and is living up to it in the NFL as well. Now that he's not gonna play us, he has my blessing. :chuckle:

Psyychoward86
01-11-2010, 10:32 PM
why hate on the ravens? You gotta respect the way they've been playing..

Acerinox
01-12-2010, 02:56 AM
Psycho: I think my wife put it best.
We're watching Pats-Ravens and obviously I want the Ravens to win because of my deep-seated and never-to-be-quenched loathing for the CHEATriots, what they did, and how they were allowed to get off with it.
I was admiring their smashmouth attitude.
And she said to me:
"I don't know how you can do it. I can't look at Joe Flacco's stupid punk face and want those guys to win."

Ravnet
01-12-2010, 03:42 AM
Psycho: I think my wife put it best.
We're watching Pats-Ravens and obviously I want the Ravens to win because of my deep-seated and never-to-be-quenched loathing for the CHEATriots, what they did, and how they were allowed to get off with it.
I was admiring their smashmouth attitude.
And she said to me:
"I don't know how you can do it. I can't look at Joe Flacco's stupid punk face and want those guys to win."

Not all quarterbacks can be as attractive as Roethlisberger :rofl: