PDA

View Full Version : First celebrity SB encounter in Detroit

Hammer67
01-31-2006, 05:59 PM
Okay...I live in Dearborn Heights which is a suburb of Detroit (about 15 to 20 mins from downtown). I moved there last year from Pittsburgh to be near my future wife who is from the area.

Well, I work at Ford HQ which is in neighboring Dearborn (this is an area with bars, shops and hotels. The Seahawks are staying here.). On my way home I stop at the local Dearborn Kroger supermarket for a few odds and ends. There aren't that many people in the store. I grab a few items and head to the express check out isle. in the isle ahead of me are two people. Directly in front of me is an elderly black woman and in front of her being rung up is a short lady in a white bath robe. I did a double take, thought "wow, shopping in a bath robe..." then I thought, "wow...I wonder if she's naked!" (typical male!:busted: ). I started to put my stuff on the conveyor and pulled out my wallet. I happen to look up and notice that the lady in the bathrobe is none other then Suzy Kolber from ESPN...the sideline reporter for the Super Bowl.

Too funny...she saw me looking at her and smiled the "Yeah, you recognize me and yeah, I am wearing a bath robe" look. I said "Have fun at the game!" and continued on...

Too funny. I guess ESPN & ABC are staying close by...!!:bouncy:

syde18T
01-31-2006, 06:00 PM
lol good stuff....

bangpow
01-31-2006, 06:01 PM
Let me guess, it was the Kroger at Michigan Ave and Outer dr.??

clevestinks
01-31-2006, 06:02 PM
I bet shoul would have looked good if she would have dropped the robe!

Hammer67
01-31-2006, 06:03 PM
Let me guess, it was the Kroger at Michigan Ave and Outer dr.??

You got it...

Hammer67
01-31-2006, 06:04 PM
I bet shoul would have looked good if she would have dropped the robe!

That was my first thought....:crazy01:

She is very short...FYI.

BB2W
01-31-2006, 06:05 PM
You should have said in your best drunk Joe Nameth impression... "I just wanna kiss you"

bangpow
01-31-2006, 06:05 PM
You got it...

Right down the street from my house.

;)

Hammer67
01-31-2006, 06:10 PM
You should have said in your best drunk Joe Nameth impression... "I just wanna kiss you"

I thought about that when I was walking out!!:sofunny:

Infamix
01-31-2006, 06:11 PM
thats craazy man

tony hipchest
01-31-2006, 06:14 PM

lol. so you didnt get her digits?

BB2W
01-31-2006, 06:16 PM
I'm sure she hears that all the time, but I couldn't resist. Considering she was in a bath robe you may have gotten arrested.

Hammer67
01-31-2006, 06:18 PM
lol. so you didnt get her digits?

Hey man...I'm getting married in two weeks! Bad karma!

She wasn't THAT hot! :sofunny: :toofunny:

tony hipchest
01-31-2006, 06:20 PM
:sofunny: Hey man...I'm getting married in two weeks! Bad karma!

She wasn't THAT hot! :sofunny: :toofunny:

:sofunny: ......just checking :busted:

3 to be 4
01-31-2006, 09:15 PM
my favorite media moment was when i had an expensive ticket to Game 4 of the 2002 NBA Eastern Conference Finals in Boston so i got to go in early and mill about. sitting there a few rows up about an hour before the game was Brent Musburger. He was very gracious and respectful and it almost seemed like he was interviewing ME. afterwards i kicked myslf for all the things i DIDNT ask him, stuff about the 70's,NFL today, "you are looking live..." etc

Suitanim
02-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Contrary to some people's opinions, I think she's pretty smokin'...I give her 2 points (moving her up to a 9 from a 7) because she actually knows and can talk sports.

Hammer67
02-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Contrary to some people's opinions, I think she's pretty smokin'...I give her 2 points (moving her up to a 9 from a 7) because she actually knows and can talk sports.

Is she still married?

I think she is cute...I wouldn't go hot. But her sportscaster ability gives her some points. She is really short. Think 5'1" to 5'3"

Suitanim
02-01-2006, 06:53 PM
I dig 5'1" chicks...my current girlfriend is 5'1".

3 to be 4
02-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Kolber is ok ,but shes NO Bonnie Bernstein.

drizze99
02-01-2006, 10:12 PM
I think Kolber is hawttie!

Suitanim
02-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Sort of related, but I heard a radio interview with Bonnie Bernstein today, and she's actually VERY intelligent. The interview was kind of Howard Stern-like (with Rovers Morning Glory if anyone is familiar), and she was not only holding her own, she was scoring points. She's single, too.

My all-time favorite is still Jill Arrington, she of the tight sweaters in cold games.

Hammer67
02-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Sort of related, but I heard a radio interview with Bonnie Bernstein today, and she's actually VERY intelligent. The interview was kind of Howard Stern-like (with Rovers Morning Glory if anyone is familiar), and she was not only holding her own, she was scoring points. She's single, too.

My all-time favorite is still Jill Arrington, she of the tight sweaters in cold games.

I was into Melissa Stark until she got pregnant and ruined her career! :sofunny:

Da'Burgh
02-02-2006, 09:06 PM
I've been to that Kroger before!!! I've lived in Michigan...that's really weird...

Suitanim
02-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Melissa was hot as Hell...she's 3rd on my list. Suze is always gonna be #2 behind Jill, although I suspect Suzie will always be the best "all-around" chick.

3 to be 4
02-02-2006, 09:44 PM
best all around chicks are Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Love Hewitt and Cameron Diaz

Hammer67
02-03-2006, 06:02 PM
best all around chicks are Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Love Hewitt and Cameron Diaz

well...definitly not Cameron Diaz from 98 to present. She is too "Hollywood" thin now. She was curvey and awesome in "The Mask" with Jim Carrey...it's a shame she turned into Kate Moss...

Suitanim
02-03-2006, 06:13 PM
How did we jump from Sports sideline reporters to acne head Cameron Diaz? She looks like her face caught on fire. Anyway...

Bonnie Bernstein was back on Rover's Morning Glory this morning (They are in Detroit for the game). Even the chick on the show was saying things like "Bonnie is beautiful...look at her butt". She's an ex-gymnast to boot.

3 to be 4
02-03-2006, 09:26 PM
How did we jump from Sports sideline reporters to acne head Cameron Diaz? She looks like her face caught on fire. Anyway...

Bonnie Bernstein was back on Rover's Morning Glory this morning (They are in Detroit for the game). Even the chick on the show was saying things like "Bonnie is beautiful...look at her butt". She's an ex-gymnast to boot.

That reminds of the classic line Roger Clemens had about the late Will McDonough.

"He looks like someone put out a fire on his face with an ice pick"

83-Steelers-43
02-03-2006, 09:29 PM
I saw Verron Haynes at the Crab Shack in Robinson the night of the Steeler pep-rally...lol.

Simply shook his hand and said "good luck" and "kick their ass".

Stlrs4Life
02-03-2006, 09:31 PM

Jennifer Anniston, Yeah baby!

3 to be 4
02-03-2006, 09:33 PM
my mother says her father was an associate with Al Capone and once, when she was a little girl, "Uncle Al" bounced her on his knee while the families vacationed together in Florida.

Then again, my mother is a pathological liar and a complete screwball.

3 to be 4
02-04-2006, 03:01 PM
she also was good friends with Carly Simon and Marsha Mason. And once had lunch with Michael J Fox and Tracy Pollan

But like I said, shes a pathological liar and a complete screwball.